Version 0.15.11

Information about releases and roadmap.
User avatar
FactorioBot
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:48 pm
Contact:

Version 0.15.11

Post by FactorioBot » Tue May 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Minor Features
  • When a train is stopped at the train stop, a circuit network signal is sent with a unique number for that train. (46234)
Changes
  • Added headless server option --server-id to allow specifying custom path to the server ID file.
  • Increased the minimum custom UI scale from 50% to 80% to avoid some scaling issues.
  • The zoom level at which the map switches from 'map view' to 'world view' was increased.
  • The first level of infinite researches is not needed for the tech maniac achievement anymore.
  • The game will default to low sprite quality on computers with less than 2.5GB RAM. (47525)
  • Tweaked the rocket launch gui. It doesn't show the result inventory slot when it is empty to avoid confusion when people put the setellite in it.
  • Removed the zoom-to-world-outside-coverage debug option because it was causing issues. (47442)
  • Added "create specialized sprite atlases" option to graphics settings. If checked, tile and shadow sprites won't be put into separated sprite atlases instead of the main one. This should give graphics driver more room to fit required sprites to graphics memory.
  • Added "atlas texture size" option to graphics settings. Larger atlas texture can fit more sprites into single atlas which reduces CPU load when rendering. But smaller atlases are more likely to fit into VRAM and reduce GPU load when rendering.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed nuclear reactor and centrifuge were not placed into toolbelt automatically. (47155)
  • Tweaked the way heat pipes work, mainly to make it work the same regardless order of build. (44972)
  • Fixed that click-and-drag interaction logic didn't work for trains. (47180)
  • Another attempt to fix the ranged-based research info in the technology icon.
  • Fixed that not all items were cleared in the transport belt madness campaign. (47171)
  • Fixed that browse games table was inconsistent after resizing. (47137)
  • Achievements should no longer be unlocked when replaying a game. (47151)
  • Updated supply challenge level requirements. (46796)
  • Fixed fluids consumed/produced by boilers didn't show in the production stats. (47169)
  • Fixed that pasting very large strings wouldn't work on Linux. (46802)
  • Fixed naming convention of transport belt madness campaign levels. (47243)
  • Fixed copy-paste with containers so they correctly copy the inventory size limit. (47262)
  • Fixed the progress bars in the lab wouldn't show correctly in some cases. (47131)
  • Achievements are no longer be unlocked when replaying a game. (47151)
  • Achievements are no longer unlocked by playing multiplayer game in which the player spent less than 50% of time online.
  • Fixed that the blueprint renaming textbox would close every time crafting finished. (46970)
  • core/backers.json is now included in the core data crc. This means that different content of this file will be properly detected when joining multiplayer game.
  • Fixed that loader filters were not saved in the blueprint string. (47303)
  • Gas color is now tinted with the fluids 'flow_color'. (47311)
  • Fix wave defense crash when a silo died while nobody was connected. (47263)
  • Fixed that the "confirm and download" button in the sync-mods-with-save wouldn't restart the game once all mods were downloaded. (47335)
  • Fixed construction robots could get stuck trying to repair curved rail forever. (47359)
  • Fixed that the technology cost tooltip description wouldn't scale correctly. (46445)
  • Fixed that the /help command when run from the server console would always output the server commands list. (46406)
  • Fixed strange behavior when a train has the same station in the list multiple times with no other valid station. (46473)
  • Fixed crash related to dying with some GUI open. (47433)
  • Fixed rail signals getting stuck reserved when mining/building rails in some setups. (47333)
  • Fixed desync when pumps are setup to pump into the output of an assembling machine. (47402)
  • Fixed the final level of formula based research would show the wrong name when researched.
  • Fixed crash when maximizing the game with the achievements window open. (46936)
  • Fixed switching weapons while firing in the tank would keep playing the previous weapon sound. (46103)
  • The productivity value in the miner description now contains also the researched bonus.
  • Fixed insert seding a signal twice during fast replace. (47486)
  • Fixed crash that would sometimes happen when a player left whilst some other player was in the process of joining. (46516)
  • Fixed hazard concrete item description. (46154)
  • Fixed that some of the slider in the new game settings weren't controllable by scrollbar.
  • Fixed recipes with long names would extend out of the tooltip GUI. (45125)
  • Fixed keyboard input would be blocked in tutorial, if console was opened when entering the tutorial. (44602)
  • Fixed robots could deliver the wrong number of modules during roboport blackouts. (47508)
  • Fixed that the game would freeze if there was no valid place to drop items on limited size maps. (47640)
  • Fixed fire wouldn't pollute in some cases. (47621)
  • Fixed that the delete-blueprint button would show when it wouldn't actually work. (47599)
  • Fixed an error when resource scaling results in amounts too large to store in a resource entity. (47661)
Modding
  • Fixed generator power output was always based on heat capacity and default temperature of water. (45652)
  • Fixed logistic and construction radius visualization sprites would ignore tint. (47689)
Scripting
  • Fixed setting technology::researched wouldn't research all levels of a formula based technology. (45857)
  • Fixed it was possible to add gui element with same to the same parent name more than once. (45371)
  • Fixed the custom camera widget wouldn't render the correct entities when switching the surface it was rendering for. (47639)
  • Fixed LuaTrain::schedule would allow an invalid current schedule record. (47691)
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::mining_speed, mining_power, energy_usage, max_energy_usage, normal_resource_amount, infinite_depletion_resource_amount, attack_parameters read.
  • Added LuaLampControlBehavior::color read.
  • Added LuaRailSignalControlBehavior::red_signal, orange_signal, green_signal, close_signal, read_signal, circuit_condition read/write.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::mineable_properties fluid_amount, required_fluid, mining_trigger, effectivity, consumption, friction_force, braking_force, tank_driving, rotation_speed, turret_rotation_speed, guns, speed, speed_multiplier_when_out_of_energy, max_payload_size, energy_per_move, energy_per_tick, max_energy, min_to_charge, max_to_charge properties, and building_grid_bit_shift.
  • Added LuaBurner::fuel_category read.
  • Added LuaBurnerPrototype.
  • Added LuaControl::mine_entity().
  • Added LuaEntity::text read/write.
  • Added read/write support for flying text color through LuaEntity::color.
  • Added LuaTrain::get_fluid_count(), get_fluid_contents(), remove_fluid(), insert_fluid(), and clear_fluids_inside().
  • Added LuaGameScript::check_prototype_translations() - a way to check if all expected prototypes have valid translations.
  • Changed LuaEntityPrototype::mineable_properties "miningtime" -> "mining_time" and "miningparticle" -> "mining_particle".

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

viveks711
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by viveks711 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Tweaked the way heat pipes work, mainly to make it work the same regardless order of build. (44972)
Hopefully someone can see how long the heat pipes can go without the loss of heat / performance.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 7278
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:00 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by kovarex » Tue May 16, 2017 12:52 pm

viveks711 wrote:
Tweaked the way heat pipes work, mainly to make it work the same regardless order of build. (44972)
Hopefully someone can see how long the heat pipes can go without the loss of heat / performance.
It depends on how much of the heat you want to transfer.

User avatar
redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by redlabel » Tue May 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Great job guys :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 3563
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:20 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by orzelek » Tue May 16, 2017 1:13 pm

kovarex wrote:
viveks711 wrote:
Tweaked the way heat pipes work, mainly to make it work the same regardless order of build. (44972)
Hopefully someone can see how long the heat pipes can go without the loss of heat / performance.
It depends on how much of the heat you want to transfer.
Is there a description somewhere of how we should expect it to work now?
I think that posts about this were pretty vague unless I missed something.

viveks711
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by viveks711 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:28 pm

orzelek wrote:
kovarex wrote:
viveks711 wrote:
Tweaked the way heat pipes work, mainly to make it work the same regardless order of build. (44972)
Hopefully someone can see how long the heat pipes can go without the loss of heat / performance.
It depends on how much of the heat you want to transfer.
Is there a description somewhere of how we should expect it to work now?
I think that posts about this were pretty vague unless I missed something.
I'm sure someone in the community is going to test it out if someone hasn't done it already....

I'll be doing my own tests when I can...
Say for a 40MW single core reactor, what is the performance drop for every 10 tiles of heat pipes?... i.e 10 heat pipes between each heat exchanges to the reactor.

UrbanCee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by UrbanCee » Tue May 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Hm seems like the change to heat pipes was significant!

I had 16 central reactors (8x2) and the correct amount of heat exchangers and steam turbines running at 2.4GW before the patch (albeit with pretty long heat pipes)
Even at the most distant parts of the heat pipes the temp did not drop below 800°C

Now after the patch all of a sudden the power dropped to 800MW and the temperature of all remote heat pipes is down to 250 and lower ...

So did they tweak the heat loss over distance too?

User avatar
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1994
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by Ranakastrasz » Tue May 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Did burner Generator equipment get fixed? Its not in the patchlog

Code: Select all

Achievements should no longer be unlocked when replaying a game. (47151)
Updated supply challenge level requirements. (46796)
Fixed fluids consumed/produced by boilers didn't show in the production stats. (47169)
Fixed that pasting very large strings wouldn't work on Linux. (46802)
Fixed naming convention of transport belt madness campaign levels. (47243)
Fixed copy-paste with containers so they correctly copy the inventory size limit. (47262)
Fixed the progress bars in the lab wouldn't show correctly in some cases. (47131)
Achievements are no longer be unlocked when replaying a game. (47151)
Achievements are no longer unlocked by playing multiplayer game in which the player spent less than 50% of time online.
Cool, Achievements are no longer unlocked when replaying a game, twice over.
I guess this means if you do a replay, you lose your achivements, :p
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

User avatar
Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by Redstylt » Tue May 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi,

My game is freezing so much now in lobby ! multiplayer lobby or main menu :/

It's like my clicks do not reach the page :/ And even if i put the page in back, i can open it aymore :(
I need to shutdown by task manager.
Looking for a dedicated server ? -> [Europe ENG-FR] [Public] ForFacto 24/7

rorror
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by rorror » Tue May 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Tnx for the update!

User avatar
Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by Schorty » Tue May 16, 2017 3:41 pm

UrbanCee wrote:Hm seems like the change to heat pipes was significant!

I had 16 central reactors (8x2) and the correct amount of heat exchangers and steam turbines running at 2.4GW before the patch (albeit with pretty long heat pipes)
Even at the most distant parts of the heat pipes the temp did not drop below 800°C

Now after the patch all of a sudden the power dropped to 800MW and the temperature of all remote heat pipes is down to 250 and lower ...

So did they tweak the heat loss over distance too?
This is exactly the same as I experience right now :(
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

UrbanCee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by UrbanCee » Tue May 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Schorty wrote:
UrbanCee wrote:Hm seems like the change to heat pipes was significant!

I had 16 central reactors (8x2) and the correct amount of heat exchangers and steam turbines running at 2.4GW before the patch (albeit with pretty long heat pipes)
Even at the most distant parts of the heat pipes the temp did not drop below 800°C

Now after the patch all of a sudden the power dropped to 800MW and the temperature of all remote heat pipes is down to 250 and lower ...

So did they tweak the heat loss over distance too?
This is exactly the same as I experience right now :(
This is a pretty tough change ... my factory has severe issues right now .. (defense breaking down) ...

viveks711
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by viveks711 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 pm

UrbanCee wrote:
Schorty wrote:
UrbanCee wrote:Hm seems like the change to heat pipes was significant!

I had 16 central reactors (8x2) and the correct amount of heat exchangers and steam turbines running at 2.4GW before the patch (albeit with pretty long heat pipes)
Even at the most distant parts of the heat pipes the temp did not drop below 800°C

Now after the patch all of a sudden the power dropped to 800MW and the temperature of all remote heat pipes is down to 250 and lower ...

So did they tweak the heat loss over distance too?
This is exactly the same as I experience right now :(
This is a pretty tough change ... my factory has severe issues right now .. (defense breaking down) ...
I think it is the right call though... Nuclear power was otherwise massively overpowered.

UrbanCee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by UrbanCee » Tue May 16, 2017 5:04 pm

viveks711 wrote:
UrbanCee wrote:
Schorty wrote:
UrbanCee wrote:Hm seems like the change to heat pipes was significant!

I had 16 central reactors (8x2) and the correct amount of heat exchangers and steam turbines running at 2.4GW before the patch (albeit with pretty long heat pipes)
Even at the most distant parts of the heat pipes the temp did not drop below 800°C

Now after the patch all of a sudden the power dropped to 800MW and the temperature of all remote heat pipes is down to 250 and lower ...

So did they tweak the heat loss over distance too?
This is exactly the same as I experience right now :(
This is a pretty tough change ... my factory has severe issues right now .. (defense breaking down) ...
I think it is the right call though... Nuclear power was otherwise massively overpowered.
true. even tho i hope i can save my 100h factory. :)

agentgoblin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by agentgoblin » Tue May 16, 2017 5:37 pm

FactorioBot wrote:
  • When a train is stopped at the train stop, a circuit network signal is sent with a unique number for that train. (46234)
Now I want see unique number in train menu ;) Yep, this is suggestion.

Matthias_Wlkp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by Matthias_Wlkp » Tue May 16, 2017 5:39 pm

viveks711 wrote:I think it is the right call though... Nuclear power was otherwise massively overpowered.
The only thing I found somewhat overpowered with Nuclear Power was the usage of storage tanks for accumulating steam to get around their non-stop production regardless of usage.

User avatar
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1994
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by Ranakastrasz » Tue May 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Matthias_Wlkp wrote:
viveks711 wrote:I think it is the right call though... Nuclear power was otherwise massively overpowered.
The only thing I found somewhat overpowered with Nuclear Power was the usage of storage tanks for accumulating steam to get around their non-stop production regardless of usage.
Yea, but that is the only sane reaction to suddently having a fuel usage that is constant instead of only when needed. If you can build a buffer into it, people will do so.

Honestly I would prefer it being blocked somehow, and instead force you to use Accumulators, but what can you do? Its kinda expensive to cause steam to cooldown over time. And if we limit that to tanks only, then people will want to use pipes to store steam... Which just takes up 100x more space, instead of actually solving the problem.
I mean, if you cut solar panel production in half, people won't stop using them, they just build twice as many.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

porcupine
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:58 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by porcupine » Tue May 16, 2017 6:16 pm

Obviously not a problem, but popping open my save from last night, I get a dialogue box, reading:

"Migrated content
Removed decoratives
red-desert-decal 34"

I'm assuming some of the decal graphics changed and what have you... Just figured I'd post here in case this was unexpected (so at least google gets an exact hit!) :)

mbritb
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by mbritb » Tue May 16, 2017 6:26 pm

porcupine wrote:Obviously not a problem, but popping open my save from last night, I get a dialogue box, reading:

"Migrated content
Removed decoratives
red-desert-decal 34"

I'm assuming some of the decal graphics changed and what have you... Just figured I'd post here in case this was unexpected (so at least google gets an exact hit!) :)
Same issue here. It removed 135 for me.

Bardaky
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.15.11

Post by Bardaky » Tue May 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Although I agree with the fact that nuclear power was overpowered to some extent (i.e up to 300% neighbour bonus) I did enjoy it as long as it lasted. My admittedly massive base is just super power hungry thanks to a large amount of lasers + biter attacks. 0.15.11 pretty much broke my whole power system as my reactor setup now is just not working as built anymore (1 big reactor strip, many semi long arms with plenty of heat exchangers and turbines).

I still think that the nuclear fuel is not expensive enough though!


The only other thing that really bugs me is the higher zoom from map to world-view. I used the previous "god-mode" to place many many blueprints, some of them being just large enough for that view. But now that view is about half as much as my normal maximum zoomed out view. Still a handy feature, but for me it lost its biggest selling point in being able to view a larger area.

Post Reply

Return to “Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users