[15.9] Train stopped at full power if no other station active

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Case
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[15.9] Train stopped at full power if no other station active

Post by Case »

Hi mates.

-> Version: current 0.15.7 new game started in 0.15.0

situation: I have a train schedule set up as in (picture 1). So the train goes A -> B -> A -> C. Station B and C are bound to conditions and can be disabled. When both stations are disabled the schedule only has multiple stations A.

problem: In this situation the train goes back to A and goes 'nuts' he runs full speed but is not moving (picture 2 see the stream cloud below the train) the schedule is switching between A and A and the train is micro stutter stepping along the track and burns fuel at full speed.

should be: I don't know what the intended behaviour here is. But I guess the train should just stay in station A until B or C comes up again. Or it could go around and goes A -> A in an infinite loop (I hope not :))
picture 1
picture 2
I hope this helps ..

aaargha
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 0.15 Bug related to disabled train stations

Post by aaargha »

That looks really silly.

Attached reproduction save, just set the train to automatic.
Attachments
Disabled station BUG.zip
(1.53 MiB) Downloaded 122 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [15.9] Train stopped at full power if no other station active

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I've fixed it so the train doesn't inch forward every tick but it will still *rapidly* cycle between the stations in its schedule (once per tick).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Thanks we were also facing this issue today.

Case
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Case »

Hey mates,
Version: 0.15.10

There is still an issue with the forward 'inching' :). Not sure if it is related to the circuit condition bug.

My setup: The schedule this time is A - B. Conditions at A as shown in the images below (basically it does if train in station read the cargo -> if cargo > 0 disable station so no other train tries to come to this station.) This works as long as not both stations are disabled. If both stations are disabled and the train has cargo in it it starts to 'inch' forward like in the previous bug - also full fuel drain at this point. (I made a save where you can see the behaviour lemme know if you need it then I can post it here.)

Train Schedule
Station A settings
Combinator settings at Station A
It seams the network can 'loose a tick' and then the station is 'open' next tick it gets the info that the train is still there (aka cargo info) and gets disabled again and so on 0101010101010 .. thats why I think it could be related to the 'loading delay bug - something'.

I hope this helps...

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”