[0.15.x][Klonan]Gas fluids don't tint.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.15.x][Klonan]Gas fluids don't tint.

Post by bobingabout »

Since my mod adds several different gasses, I thought it would be a good idea to use this new "gas_temperature" mechanic to show the gas sprite instead of fluid sprite in pipes.

However, upon using this tag, and correctly displaying the Gas sprite instead of Flow sprite... All my gasses where white! (Which might work fine for a single gas, but not so much when you're adding at least half a dozen more)

Now, Steam does actually specify a white tint, so it doesn't really effect the base game, so I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a feature request, but since you specify a tint on the steam fluid yourself (And it's own tint in older versions to make it seem like it's own fluid when it was actually water), I would favour bug. Though I do realise base_color is also used to colour the flow bar on pipe information, flow_color does nothing.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.x]Gas fluids don't tint.

Post by kovarex »

We removed this feature completely in the new version. Mainly because of all the problems in various places, like production stats, circuit network and similar.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.x][Klonan]Gas fluids don't tint.

Post by posila »

It's about "gas" animation in pipe window. We still have fluids that can be gases (for example steam).

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

bobingabout wrote:Since my mod adds several different gasses, I thought it would be a good idea to use this new "gas_temperature" mechanic to show the gas sprite instead of fluid sprite in pipes.

However, upon using this tag, and correctly displaying the Gas sprite instead of Flow sprite... All my gasses where white! (Which might work fine for a single gas, but not so much when you're adding at least half a dozen more)

Now, Steam does actually specify a white tint, so it doesn't really effect the base game, so I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a feature request, but since you specify a tint on the steam fluid yourself (And it's own tint in older versions to make it seem like it's own fluid when it was actually water), I would favour bug. Though I do realise base_color is also used to colour the flow bar on pipe information, flow_color does nothing.

Thanks for the report,

The gas will be tinted by the prototypes flow_color in the next release

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Wonderful news. I'll take a look at it again when 0.15.11 releases.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”