Version 0.17.59

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.59

Post by FactorioBot »

Balancing
  • Changed expensive variant of electronic circuit to require 8 copper cables instead of 10.
Changes
  • User verification must be enabled for public multiplayer games. LAN games, direct-connect, and Steam still don't require user verification.
  • Network message segment size can be configured in server-settings.json, for server providers with large enough upload bandwidth.
  • Added "Build with obstacle avoidance" into controls settings with CONTROL + Left mouse click as default. It re-introduces the possibility to build rails in ghost mode that avoid trees rocks and cliffs.
  • Decreased base damage of Personal laser defense from 40 to 30.
  • Decreased base shooting speed of Laser turret and Personal laser defense equipment from 3 shots per second to 1.5 shots per second.
  • Reverted combat latency behavior to do latency hiding while in combat. (73126)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that extra fast (modded) splitters didn't work properly. (73059)
  • Fixed an inconsistency between area selection and logistic network highlight. (72969)
  • Fixed that probabilistic recipe result that is also a catalyst didn't put itself into consumed statistics when the probability check failed and the item wasn't produced. (71211)
  • Fixed visual errors when dragging train schedule conditions. (73275)
  • Fixed that locale settings didn't save when changed. (73332)
  • Solved that pressing ALT while walking right (D being pressed) stopped the character as it interfered with ALT + D. (67585)
  • Fixed connection preview of underground belt in blueprint in a specific case. (73342)
  • Changed accumulator/wall/underground belt map color to be more contrast against certain tiles. (44597)
  • Fixed laser turrets were shooting beams that would last until target was destroyed even if it got out of range and turret stopped shooting. (73474)
  • Fixed Laser turret shooting speed research didn't increase damage of laser turret. (72360)
  • Fixed Laser turret shooting speed research didn't increase damage of Personal laser defense equipment. (71003)
  • Fixed that biters sometimes couldn't get past other biters. (73208)
  • Fixed that migration scripts couldn't use "require". (73373)
  • Fixed a crash related to fast-replacing modded generator entities without fluidboxes.
  • Fixed loaders would not wake up sometimes after picking up items from them manually. (73398)
  • Fixed that space science pack technology did not have accumulators and solar panels in prerequisites. (72675)
  • Fixed that switching to another window while dragging a widget (slider) with a tooltip didn't clear the tooltip. (65433)
  • Fixed that rails would report bounding box sizes of zero when read through the LuaEntityPrototype API. (73438)
  • Fixed that unit groups could get stuck at the end of their assigned path. (72961)
  • Fixed a desync related to changing forces in the map editor. (73492)
  • Fixed a crash related to fluid connection changes in mods. (73509)
  • Fixed that creating character corpses using player_index was off by 1. (73519)
  • Added extra check to prevent infinite cycle in fast belt building. (73368)
  • Fixed a crash when building train stations when the backers.json file is empty. (73532)
  • Fixed that entities could have their light rendered twice. (73451)
  • Fixed that biters had difficulty pathfinding around crescent-shaped lakes. (72985)
  • Fixed that the "not enough rails" error didn't work correctly in the map editor. (73427)
  • Fixed train would not stop exactly in the station preventing pumps to connect to fluid wagons when a mod was changing speed of breaking train. (73466)
  • Fixed that trains would try to path to train stops on different surfaces. (73551)
  • Fixed pump would not disconnect from fluid wagon when rail besides pump was mined or destroyed. (73449)
  • Fixed a crash related to the rail planner. (73584)
  • Fixed that the mod info label in the technology tooltip didn't line wrap. (73598)
  • Fixed a crash near the start of the NPE. (73481)
Modding
  • Changed how beams are drawn to improve seamless tiling of beam segments. Head and tail segments are now stretched to fill space from source/target position to next segment.
  • Changed how beams apply damage. By default, they no longer trigger their action every damage_interval, instead the action is triggered when its owner triggers shooting. The old behavior can be turned on by setting BeamPrototype::action_triggered_automatically to true.
  • It is possible to specify fluid product or ingredient with a fluidbox_index so they use exactly one slot corresponding to the specified fluidbox of the machine.
  • Changed the "market" entity from entity-with-health to entity-with-owner so it now has a force and unit_number.
  • Changed fluid energy source prototypes to error when no consumption limits are set instead of logging a warning.
  • Added util.parse_energy().
Scripting
  • Added LuaGui::screen.
  • Added on_gui_location_changed, on_gui_selected_tab_changed, and on_gui_switch_state_changed events.
  • Added LuaGuiElement type "empty-widget", "tabbed-pane", "tab", and "switch".
  • Added LuaGuiElement::add_tab(), remove_tab(), and force_auto_center().
  • Added LuaGuiElement::location, auto_center, drag_target, selected_tab_index, tabs read/write.
  • Added LuaGuiElement::switch_state, allow_none_state, left_label_caption, left_label_tooltip, right_label_caption, right_label_tooltip read/write.
  • Added LuaStyle::badge_font, badge_horizontal_spacing, default_badge_font_color, selected_badge_font_color, disabled_badge_font_color, selected_font_color, selected_hovered_font_color, selected_clicked_font_color, strikethrough_color read/write.
  • Added clear_and_focus_on_right_click to LuaGuiElement text-box.
  • Added LuaGuiElement::get_slider_value_step(), get_slider_discrete_slider(), get_slider_discrete_values(), set_slider_value_step(), set_slider_discrete_slider(), set_slider_discrete_values().
  • Added LuaGuiElement::get_mod().
  • Added LuaEntity::loader_container read.
  • Added LuaEntity::belt_neighbours read.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Version 0.17.59

Post by Sanqui »

This update also brings another thing that hasn't been mentioned. Updates to GOG Galaxy have now been (almost) automated, so for the GOG crew out there, you can now play on latest experimental like everybody else by switching Beta channels on and choosing experimental.
ovo

TheBloke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheBloke »

OMG this new LuaGui stuff sounds fantastic!

EDIT:

*weeps with joy*
Last edited by TheBloke on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cooldude2606
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooldude2606 »

Wow so many new gui related stuff; going to have some fun playing with these.

Edit:
I can not seam to get auto center to work; commands which I am running:
game.player.gui.screen.add{name='test',type='frame'}
game.player.gui.screen.test.auto_center -- returns false
game.player.gui.screen.test.auto_center = true -- frame remains in top left
game.player.gui.screen.test.force_auto_center() -- frame remains in top left

Edit 2:
The auto center only takes places once a new element is added as a child of this element:
game.player.gui.screen.test.add{name='drag',type='frame'} -- frame is now in the center
--- Developer for Explosive Gaming factorio community. Find our code on GitHub. Please contact me via our Discord. ---

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Holy shit, this is cutting my copper consumption by almost 20%. Now while I dislike rebuilding my ratio'd assemblers, this is a very welcome change. Sure felt like copper is used to excessively.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by luc »

Network message segment size can be configured in server-settings.json, for server providers with large enough upload bandwidth.
Is this explained somewhere? I don't see info on the wiki. E.g. above how much bandwidth should you modify it? Why is it set lower by default, to lessen lag for the current players while someone else is downloading? Are there any other considerations like CPU usage or so?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Cooldude2606 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:40 pm
Wow so many new gui related stuff; going to have some fun playing with these.

Edit:
I can not seam to get auto center to work; commands which I am running:
game.player.gui.screen.add{name='test',type='frame'}
game.player.gui.screen.test.auto_center -- returns false
game.player.gui.screen.test.auto_center = true -- frame remains in top left
game.player.gui.screen.test.force_auto_center() -- frame remains in top left

Edit 2:
The auto center only takes places once a new element is added as a child of this element:
game.player.gui.screen.test.add{name='drag',type='frame'} -- frame is now in the center
Can you make a bug report about the force_auto_center not working? I need to add some additional lua docs on the property as it's actually "auto-center-on-resize". The force-auto-center is supposed to (as the name says) force it to happen right then regardless of resize.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

TheBloke wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:37 pm
OMG this new LuaGui stuff sounds fantastic!

EDIT:

*weeps with joy*
What are those buttons you have in the toolbar ? - the rail, flashlight, zoom,lightning, red wire etc. - where are they from ?
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

TheBloke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheBloke »

jockeril wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:25 pm
What are those buttons you have in the toolbar ? - the rail, flashlight, zoom,lightning, red wire etc. - where are they from ?
Mostly from the mod Shortcuts. I think the small red wire one (bottom right) was added by Picker Belt Tools; it's an automatic circuit wiring toggle: when you add new Big Electric Poles that already have red and/or green wires on them, it will auto string them to the next pole.

Shortcuts is highly recommended - it adds a bunch of useful icons of your own, and it now also scans all your tools added by other mods and adds a shortcut icon for each. It's like an all-in-one Shortcut Bar icon mod.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

So I guess the proposed changes to oil for Monday was a bit too controversial then? I'm glad though, it's such a mission to reconfigure my mall every time a recipe changes. If and when you do change oil making blue science heavy oil centric seemed like the best proposal lodged.

huancz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by huancz »

Sanqui wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:33 pm
This update also brings another thing that hasn't been mentioned. Updates to GOG Galaxy have now been (almost) automated, so for the GOG crew out there, you can now play on latest experimental like everybody else by switching Beta channels on and choosing experimental.
I learned to use in-game update when GOG was getting only about every 4th version, even when I chose beta branch. It's still very nice, people there can sometimes be quite loud when they feel that Steam is getting better treatment for the same game.

Thanks.

Edit: was there some change regarding save file location? For a few seconds I was afraid my saves were lost when my game loaded empty. I had to copy them from %APPDATA%/Factorio to the installation directory.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

y0 lost some UPS
Attachments
20190725215358_1.jpg
20190725215358_1.jpg (560.53 KiB) Viewed 17837 times
20190725214635_1.jpg
20190725214635_1.jpg (550.64 KiB) Viewed 17837 times

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

huancz wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:36 pm
Edit: was there some change regarding save file location? For a few seconds I was afraid my saves were lost when my game loaded empty. I had to copy them from %APPDATA%/Factorio to the installation directory.
Did GOG previously use the %APPDATA% location?
ovo

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

So, before I allow Steam to update I would like to have this clear.
The oil change is NOT in this version, right?

TheBloke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheBloke »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 pm
Correct.

MiniHerc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MiniHerc »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:
I'm hoping it was just a thought experiment to see how players reacted and nothing that was ever seriously being considered.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll quickly update and block newer updates again in case they change their mind and ruin my save game.

huancz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by huancz »

Sanqui wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:50 pm
huancz wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:36 pm
Did GOG previously use the %APPDATA% location?
My copy did - C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio had the latest save/config copy. I had the demo on this computer before. Full game installed initially through Galaxy, first version 0.17.34, then I changed to in-game update few versions later. It would be interesting to know which location Galaxy uses for cloud sync, but I'm not sure how to test that. There used to be option to download cloud saves for the game as separate zip, can't find it now.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Ambaire wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:09 pm
Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:
I'm hoping it was just a thought experiment to see how players reacted and nothing that was ever seriously being considered.
It was not.

Not least because the answer is always "some amount of players will scream and protest" regardless of what the change is, so it is (a) a fairly poor gauge of how players motivated enough to follow the forums will really feel after they play it, and (b) completely useless for determining how it plays with the vast majority of players who never visit the forums, or read the blog, at all.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

My biggest problem is that they introduce it so late in the v0.17 cycle. It will destroy every factory currently in existence. Everyone's oil setup has to radically change (right, or did I misunderstand?)

Return to “Releases”