[kovarex] [0.17.58] Language drop down resetting on confirmation (and no forced restart)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.58] Language drop down resetting on confirmation (and no forced restart)

Post by slay_mithos »

I just saw someone posting this on the steam forums, so I went ahead and tried a few things and I could not get the value to stay after confirmation.

When I try to cancel it does warn me about 1 unconfirmed change but when I confirm not only does it not restart despite the "requires a restart" flag, it also resets back to the "Default" value if I go back to the interface settings.
I tried to manually restart the game after the confirmation but it doesn't change anything.
I opened the config file thinking about changing it manually there at least but I could not find any option relative to language there either.

Another odd behaviour that might or might not be related is that when I pick a different language (for example "Français" since I happen to understand that language as well), confirm and go back in the interface settings, the value is set as "Default" again as described above but hovering the "Back" button does show the language drop-down in orange and tells me there is an unconfirmed change.

This leads me to believe that somehow the game is no longer able to save the change in the config file, but I am not sure when it started.
Thankfully on steam we can use the "Language" tab in steam's properties for the game to pick what the game will use as its "default".

I am not including the log file since it shows absolutely nothing between:
11.106 Factorio initialised
307.759 Quitting: user-quit.

But if you want one anyway I can upload it.

Hopefully this is a simple fix but I'll try to give any additionnal informations if needed.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.58] Language drop down resetting on confirmation (and no forced restart)

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is now fixed for the next version.

Pentacore
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.58] Language drop down resetting on confirmation (and no forced restart)

Post by Pentacore »

For those who wants to change the language before next update, edit the config.ini file in the factorio config directory.
for example you can set:
locale=en
For english

SpatenFonAigor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SpatenFonAigor »

Ciao kovarex, nel messaggio appena inviato una parte non è stata inviata.Mi puoi indicare il percorso per tovare la directory di Factorio il file config.ini per poter cambiare la lingua didefault ? Nuovamente Mille Grazie . SpatenFonAigor

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”