Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.13.9

Post by FactorioBot »

• Changes
    • Updated demo campaign tips images.
    • Updated/Fixed locale entries.
    • Removed --mp-load-game
    • Default value for "Lights render quality" graphics options was changed to 1.0. If config.ini contains value lower than new minimum (0.25) it will be reset to the default value.
    • Lights are rendered with linear filtering to improve quality for lower "Lights render quality" settings. (28892)
    • Added tips and tricks for pasting wagon slots and cycling in blueprint book.
    • Mods are now sorted alphabetically in the mods list.
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed transport belt madness map showing an empty message dialog out of nowhere.
    • Fixed transport belt madness being impossible. (28703)
    • Fixed crash on Linux when stdout was closed after starting Factorio. (28590)
    • Fixed trains of other forces could be seen in the Trains GUI. (28799)
    • Fixed inserters not saving custom pickup/dropoff when exported through the Lua blueprint interface.
    • Fixed robots delivering modules into the recipe input slots instead of the module inventory. (28722)
    • Fixed performance issue caused by alt mode when some mods are installed and linear filtering is enabled. (28789)
    • Items stop correctly before a belt deactivated using the circuit network. (28766)
    • Fixed another case where a biter could get stuck. (28893)
    • Fixed crash when using --mp-connect to join a game that requires user verification. (28500)
    • Fixed train GUI would be too big to fit on screen with a large amount of character inventory slots. (28855)
    • Buildings with backer names containing non-ASCII charecters are generated properly.
    • Fixed logistic counts when changing stack sizes of items the player was holding.
    • Fixed crash when right-clicking electric pole in Map Editor. (28983)
    • Fixed crash when building tiles would result in you dying. (28948)
    • Fixed disabled belts would still move the player. (28947)
    • Fixed crashes related to changing train conditions in the latency state.
    • Fixed line breaking in description titles. (27128)
    • Fixed typo in description of flooring items. (28704)
    • Fixed blueprint icons not working as desired when paths where part of the selected area. (28884)
    • Fixed that a username change wouldn't save if the game crashed. (17837)
    • Fixed that clicking an alert button could show the wrong alert. (28913)
    • Fixed flooring placement preview rendered on top of turret base. (28894)
    • Fixed numpad home/end/other keys not working when numlock was off. (28934)
    • Fixed that the game password dialog showed the password. (29002)
    • Fixed that inserters at the very front of trains would sometimes not get enabled when a train would stop. (28964)
    • Fixed the difficutly settings for scenarios not working. (27976)
    • Fixed alignment of some pipe covers. (28785)
    • Fixed the watch-your-step achievement not working. (27710)
    • Rocket parts from building rockets in the rocket silo now show in production stats. (29001)
    • Fixed tracked achievements scrolling off screen when un-tracking them. (27922)
    • Fixed inserter sometimes only dropping one item on the ground before going back. (28046#p183886)
    • Fixed LuaGameScript::active_mods not showing the correct list of mods. (29088)
    • Fixed signals letting trains pass when the circuit network changes. (28923)
  • Scripting
    • Fixed SpritePath to recipe that inherits icon from its result would not be considered valid. (28867)
    • Fixed crash when setting new research in the on_research_completed event. (28968)
    • Fixed error during the research completed event being un-clickable. (27803)
    • Added LuaTile::position read.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.9

Post by mngrif »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Changes
10/10
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

Compboy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Compboy »

Great work guy's.

lots of fixes*. time for a nice weekend.

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

mngrif wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Changes
10/10
as long as modnames aren't "aaaaaaaaaaaaa my cool mod"

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

why is a disabled mod causing troubles
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Jj250
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jj250 »

Thanks for the updates, but can we at least get an acknowledgement about the terrain generation issues? Last I heard of it you couldn't replicate the problem, which is strange because I can't generate a map without producing the problem.

Attached is a map that I think hi-lights the problem perfectly. Anything within the red portion was generated in 0.12 while everything outside of the red portion was generated in 0.13 and biters aside, the map is completely different even with identical terrain generation settings. Biomes become splotchy patches of all kinds instead of long connected forests, deserts and lakes.

All I want is a "we're working on it" or "we have recreated and identified the problem" or "we really don't care how the map looks as long as it stops crashing and works as intended so we'll get to it... later". Just any indication of where on the list of priorities this issue is, because for me and a few other players who desire large biomes and correct terrain segmentation, this is a gamebreaking problem. I'm not going to play until it's fixed and playing 0.12 feels handicapped after tasting 0.13

Again thank you for all the updates, we went from 0.13 all the way to 0.13.9 in days, it's really quite amazing.
Attachments
Example 1.jpg
Example 1.jpg (760.83 KiB) Viewed 21657 times
Last edited by Jj250 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Jj250 wrote:Thanks for the updates, but can we at least get an acknowledgement about the terrain generation issues? Last I heard of it you couldn't replicate the problem, which is strange because I can't generate a map without producing the problem.

Biomes are strange, specifically the dessert areas and the terrain segmentation option doesn't appear to work at all. Water generation is pretty similarly "oddly behaving".

All I want is a "we're working on it" or "we have recreated and identified the problem" or "we really don't care how the map looks as long as it stops crashing and works as intended so we'll get to it... later". Just any indication of where on the list of priorities this issue is, because for me and a few other players who desire large biomes and correct terrain segmentation, this is a gamebreaking problem. I'm not going to play until it's fixed and playing 0.12 feels handicapped after tasting 0.13

Again thank you for all the updates, we went from 0.13 all the way to 0.13.9 in days, it's really quite amazing.
Terrain generation is being worked on, but is a deeper issue than these bug fixes, we mentioned this in a previous friday facts

nonstickfrypan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nonstickfrypan »

Jj250 wrote:Thanks for the updates, but can we at least get an acknowledgement about the terrain generation issues?
+10000!

Despite how cool the many new features of 0.13.x are I refuse to play it until this issue is fixed. Because as it currently is it's ugly and, imo, not worth playing.

nonstickfrypan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nonstickfrypan »

Klonan wrote:Terrain generation is being worked on, but is a deeper issue than these bug fixes, we mentioned this in a previous friday facts
Which friday facts is this mentioned in? I thought I'd read them all but must have missed it.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

nonstickfrypan wrote:
Klonan wrote:Terrain generation is being worked on, but is a deeper issue than these bug fixes, we mentioned this in a previous friday facts
Which friday facts is this mentioned in? I thought I'd read them all but must have missed it.

In here:
https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-145
There have been many complains regarding the terrain generation, we didn't encounter these problems in our games, but we should probably go back to it and tweak it a little.

Jj250
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jj250 »

Thanks! That's all I wanted to hear, I figured it would have to be something complicated to take so long!

nonstickfrypan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nonstickfrypan »

nonstickfrypan wrote: Which friday facts is this mentioned in? I thought I'd read them all but must have missed it.

In here:
https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-145
There have been many complains regarding the terrain generation, we didn't encounter these problems in our games, but we should probably go back to it and tweak it a little.
Thanks.

A possible solution
a) git checkout branchnameforlast0.12.xversion
b) copy terrain generation code
c) put into 0.13.x leaving the new code as well
d) add setting "Use_Terrain_Version = "0.12.x"/"0.13.x""
e) in game use whatever terrain version the user sets in their settings
f) everyone happy

This would solve 2 problems at once: a) the complaints about the current state of the terrain generation (which can continue to evolve of course); and b) existing 0.12.x terrain ending up looking weird when new terrain is generated using 0.13.x

Edit: In addition to what I see as the perfectly reasonable solution presented above, isn't delaying "tweaking the 0.13.x terrain generation" going to cause even more problems the longer nothing is done about it? People are obviously already using 0.13.x and its terrain generation... won't tweaking it cause a similar issue to what's seen using a map partially generated in 0.12.x become an issue when the new code is tweaked (i.e. the map not being seamless)?

Weresmilodon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Weresmilodon »

While questions are being asked; is the new super-aggressive biter behavior intended or bugged? Because that's what's keeping me from playing right now.

If it's intended, then there really needs to be a setting for aggressiveness, beyond just the peaceful checkmark.

saturn7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by saturn7 »

Weresmilodon wrote:While questions are being asked; is the new super-aggressive biter behavior intended or bugged? Because that's what's keeping me from playing right now.

If it's intended, then there really needs to be a setting for aggressiveness, beyond just the peaceful checkmark.
I've not noticed any more aggressive biter behaviour, apart from the generally much larger biter bases.

In what way did you observe a more aggressive biter behavior?

Edit: I've only played 0.13 on new maps, not on migrated 0.12 maps though.
Last edited by saturn7 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Weresmilodon wrote:While questions are being asked; is the new super-aggressive biter behavior intended or bugged? Because that's what's keeping me from playing right now.

I think that new migration rules have changed some things in that regard. With RSO it went other way around - they seem much less aggresive on default settings.

Jj250
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jj250 »

saturn7 wrote:

I've not noticed any more aggressive biter behaviour, apart from the generally much larger biter bases.

In what way did you observe a more aggressive biter behavior?

Edit: I've only played 0.13 on new maps, not on migrated 0.12 maps though.
I think he's referring to the spawning/base creating behavior update. It used to be that you could erect "Victory poles" in an area after clearing a biter base and they wouldn't build a base near that area, but they have changed it now so that there's a scale of probability for their base spawning. Areas that you build a lot on have a very rare chance that a biter will set up a base, areas with just 2 or 3 or a handful of buildings wont stop a biter from creating a base right next to those buildings. So they might be claiming more territory back after you have already cleared them.

I like the idea, but I could imagine a "biter repellant" building of some sort, maybe it produces a sound frequency they don't like. This would be a good addition to sort of allow a player to keep the biters away from already cleared areas much to how the victory poles used to work.

Weresmilodon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Weresmilodon »

I've never used victory poles, but that was pretty much bugged behavior/AI exploitation, so whatever.

No, what I'm talking about is the large nests on all sides right outside the starting zone, the large attack forces coming early and constantly, and the impossibility to actually secure an area.

I play this game for the building and the automation, not the combat. The biters have always been a distraction from the main game, but now there's so much combat i have to start wondering if it's deliberate or not. I'd like one of the devs to speak up on that.

(If RSO really mellows them out, I'll have to take a look at it. I've been meaning to for a long time anyway, so why not?)

yrogerg77
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by yrogerg77 »

I didn't see mention of the broken Solaris achievement... though I am glad to see that Watch Your Step has finally been fixed! Is Solaris still being worked on?

Jj250
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jj250 »

Weresmilodon wrote:I've never used victory poles, but that was pretty much bugged behavior/AI exploitation, so whatever.

No, what I'm talking about is the large nests on all sides right outside the starting zone, the large attack forces coming early and constantly, and the impossibility to actually secure an area.

I play this game for the building and the automation, not the combat. The biters have always been a distraction from the main game, but now there's so much combat i have to start wondering if it's deliberate or not. I'd like one of the devs to speak up on that.

(If RSO really mellows them out, I'll have to take a look at it. I've been meaning to for a long time anyway, so why not?)
You can change the biters to only respond to attacks you make, rather than attacking you outright on the map generation screen. Other than that, you can change the size/frequency/density of biter bases. It could just be that you have a particularly strong force immediately around you, or that they've fully evolved if it's late enough in the game.

I don't believe they've changed biter behavior too much but I haven't exactly been playing 0.13 so I'm no authority on the subject.

Cylothar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cylothar »

yrogerg77 wrote:I didn't see mention of the broken Solaris achievement... though I am glad to see that Watch Your Step has finally been fixed! Is Solaris still being worked on?
Solaris was fixed a patch or two ago.

Return to “Releases”