Version 1.1.9

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.9

Post by FactorioBot »

Minor Features
  • Tooltip for empty ammo, gun and module slots that show all possible items that can be inserted into it.
  • Added smart belt dragging option that unlocks 2 fundamental features for belt building and is enabled by default: 1) Rotating while belt dragging can be used to build belt segments faster. 2) Automatic underground belt placement when obstacle is encountered.
Changes
  • Extended locking for building in line for underground belts/pipes. (91719)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that E to confirm didn't work correctly with mod changelog GUIs. (94024)
  • Fixed that lamps would show no power warning during the day even when the energy was available in some cases. (94032)
  • Fixed that removing train stop with stopped train would make train to get stuck.
  • Fixed that entering and exiting a vehicle in the same tick would move you away from the vehicle. (94048)
  • Fixed entity status of full burner mining drill inserting into burner inserter. (93859)
  • Fixed entity status of inserter locked on entity ghost. (94078)
  • Fixed entity status of inserter trying to put item on the ground position that is already occupied. (94079)
  • Fixed a desync when importing blueprint strings with electric poles.
  • Fixed entity status of inserter trying to put item into train that is not there. (94076)
  • Added status for generator and solar panel for not plugged into electric network. (94081)
  • Fixed crash when drag building from a pole that is mined in the meantime. (94090)
  • Fixed that manipulating modded blueprints with extended wire reach did break the connections. (94113)
  • Fixed drag building entities with no lock to line, or when it is globally disabled. (94051)
  • Fixed that artillery chart hit animations showed on every surface. (93447)
  • Build by dragging through already preexisting electric poles doesn't ignore them.
  • Fixed that it wasn't possible to enter/exit spidertrons in some cases. (94133)
  • Fixed that unit groups could sometimes wait indefinitely for a stuck member. (93391)
  • Fixed that having more than 8'388'608 solar panels in the same electric network didn't work correctly.
  • Fixed that replays were broken if async saving was enabled on Linux or Mac. (93423)
  • Probably fixed rare random crash related to scrolling blueprint books. (93575)
  • Fixed an error related to mod GUIs when applying multiple actions in the same tick. (94225)
  • Fixed that flip state of blueprint wasn't reset when changing content into blueprint not compatibile with flipping. (94214)
  • Fixed that resolved server address (when specified by name) was saved and reused when hitting the continue button, making it useless if the server uses dynamic IP address. (93751)
  • Fixed that blueprint tooltip in the chat windows can shake. (93317)
  • When changing item in cursor while building by dragging, the new item is applied instantly instead of the next tile. (94083)
  • Fixed wrong linked underline position in certain fonts. (92505)
  • Fixed item tooltips for fluid furnace recipes. (93679)
  • Fixed that biters would keep attacking entities that became indestructible. (93880)
  • Fixed that LAN servers started in quick succession could receive the same server ID and overwrite each other in the game browser. (93180)
  • Fixed that the editor infinity filters GUI didn't switch item groups correctly. (94316)
Modding
  • String mod setting dropdown items can now have tooltips. (85001)
  • Added bool mod setting "forced_value". (88927)
Scripting
  • Added LuaEntity::get_upgrade_direction().
  • Added 'direction' to LuaEntity::order_upgrade().
  • Added 'direction' to the on_marked_for_upgrade event.
  • Added LuaEntity::entity_label read/write.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.9

Post by DanGio »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:55 am
  • Added smart belt dragging option that unlocks 2 fundamental features for belt building and is enabled by default: 1) Rotating while belt dragging can be used to build belt segments faster. 2) Automatic underground belt placement when obstacle is encountered.
Oh my

rmusk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rmusk »

DanGio wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:58 am
Oh my
Still remember using the the Belt Brush mod for that... Factorio gets and deserves the best updates =3

Skipo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Skipo »

"Minor Features" automatic underground belts and rotation ... you call that 'minor' feature? Thanks guys!

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Skipo wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:06 am
"Minor Features" automatic underground belts and rotation ... you call that 'minor' feature? Thanks guys!
+1
Their attention to details is exceptional. So exceptional in fact that they sometimes seem to underestimate how much of an effect these minor features, bugfixes and modding additions can have.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

Skipo wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:06 am
Major features are entire game systems--collections of mechanics. Much like the no-sales policy, integer pricing, and staying on alpha versions for so long...Factorio keeps things real rather than trying to merely look or sound impressive. Solid foundations all around. :)

DuoMog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DuoMog »

I wish all game developers and studios were as comprehensive with bug fixing and releasing patch notes as you are !

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Do NOT post bug reports in the release topic. See 3638 instead.

vdreams
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vdreams »

Nice feature, but i dont want to press r every time i change the direction. Please remove this restriction.

justchen1369
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by justchen1369 »

vdreams wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 pm
Nice feature, but i dont want to press r every time i change the direction. Please remove this restriction.
there's an option to disable belt locking.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

justchen1369 wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:47 pm
Which disables the smart building. It might be actually possible to have both of the features available also without the line locking, but I'm not sure how useful it would be in practice.

TheMax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheMax »

I never used the smart dragging, because of that.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

oh nice
  • String mod setting dropdown items can now have tooltips. (85001)
now i can reduce tooltip on setting label, and put explanation to each.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

kovarex wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:52 pm
justchen1369 wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:47 pm
Which disables the smart building. It might be actually possible to have both of the features available also without the line locking, but I'm not sure how useful it would be in practice.
I think it would be useful. I've always wished that you could automatically turn corners when building belts. Similar to how it's done in shapez.io.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

How do you spesify which underground to use for the belt for fast replacing? I'm guessing it's a new field in the transport belt prototype, but it's not listed in the wiki yet, and I don't think it was listed in the new modding interfaces yet.
I don't have access to the game to log serpent block the prototype atm...

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Mernom wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:55 pm
How do you spesify which underground to use for the belt for fast replacing? I'm guessing it's a new field in the transport belt prototype, but it's not listed in the wiki yet, and I don't think it was listed in the new modding interfaces yet.
https://github.com/wube/factorio-data/b ... tities.lua

New (?) property called "related_underground_belt", string reference to an underground name.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:07 pm
https://github.com/wube/factorio-data/b ... tities.lua

New (?) property called "related_underground_belt", string reference to an underground name.
Good point, yes it is the new field "related_underground_belt", which should be probably mentioned somewhere and documented, because mod belts won't have this feature until they also specify this field.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Thx for showing me.
Also, thanks for making me aware that the git exists, should be easier to look up stuff on it instead of the serialization from the wiki (more up to date too :D )

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:05 am
Thx for showing me.
Also, thanks for making me aware that the git exists, should be easier to look up stuff on it instead of the serialization from the wiki (more up to date too :D )
The git is very nice for quickly looking up recent changes if you need to (find the right file then look at the differences in the commit) or you don't have access to your installation of Factorio at the time. I used to mostly look at the big data.raw dump as well but now I more often look at the code for vanilla prototypes directly in the Factorio folder under data/base/prototypes, data/core/prototypes and data/core/lualib. There is all sorts of handy not-having-to-reinvent-the-wheel stuff in there that you don't really appreciate from looking at the serialised dump.

gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by gGeorg »

DanGio wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:58 am
Oh my
I have asked / recomended this few weeks ago, when other belt build improvement was introduced. I am pleased you find it useful as I thought. Thank you.

Return to β€œReleases”