[Rseding91] [1.1.8] Player cannot exit spidertron even when there is space nearby

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Rseding91] [1.1.8] Player cannot exit spidertron even when there is space nearby

Post by Xorimuth »

This has been an issue since 1.0 but I just had a look at it in depth and realised just how bad it actually is.

When the spidertron is on top of entities like cars, trains, assembling machines etc it often won't let you exit the Spidertron even when there is plenty of appropriate space nearby. I'm not entirely sure of the logic that it uses for disembarking but it seems to be far more restrictive than is necessary. This makes it frustrating to get out of a spidertron in a busy factory. Usually I have to spam 'enter' and wiggle the spidertron around a bit before it lets me out.

See these pictures:

Here the player cannot exit the spidertron.
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 03.16.49.png
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 03.16.49.png (434.64 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
Here the player can and has exited the spidertron. But there is loads of space between the player and the car so there must have been space in the previous picture as well!
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 03.17.02.png
Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 03.17.02.png (444.55 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
My mods
Content: Lunar Landings | Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.8] Player cannot exit spidertron even when there is space nearby

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.8] Player cannot exit spidertron even when there is space nearby

Post by Xorimuth »

Awesome. Now I'm wondering why I didn't report this months ago!
My mods
Content: Lunar Landings | Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”