- Only one bug per report.
- Report only bugs from latest experimental version. The current version can be seen in the Releases board.
- Report the bug as new topic into the Bug reports board. Watch out for other announcement posts like this.
- Use the advanced search, you can limit it to only look in the Bug Report sub-forum, use keywords like: Crash, load, start, inserter, train,...
- Read the Known issues, if it is there, don't make a new topic.
- Check if your problem can be solved by measures for common graphic issues.
- Search the Bug reports board, if your bug has been reported before, contribute to that report, don't open a new one.
Make a useful title
- The latest version YOU had experienced the issue with in square brackets: [0.12.22]
[0.12.XX]or [12.19 to 12.22]
- What happened and in what context: "Crash when loading a save" or "Inserter not taking coal"
Describe the problem as best as you can
- What did you do?
- What happened?
- What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
- Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.
- Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
- Be precise! When i click with the mouse on Quit in the main menu... Not:
When I close the game.
- log-file for every report! Log files contain very useful information such as your configuration, your settings and more context to your problem. Please include it even if you believe it's unnecessary.
- save-file for gameplay or save dependent issue. Creating a small save file that illustrates the issue can help us understand the problem much easier.
- screenshots, gifs, webm, videos can help us understand the problem much easier.
google-drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer
- Many times we will ask for more information about the bug or ask you to try various things. Please track your bug report(using bookmarks, subscriptions, or "View your posts" feature) and answer when more details are requested.
- In this situation, your bug will most probably be moved to "Assigned" or "Pending", so look for it there.