Version 1.1.7

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.7

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Changed wire drawing to always have the same opacity regardless of ghost/electric poles being connected.
  • More specific error message when a blueprint cannot be flipped.
  • More specific message when copy pasting spidertron with equipment grid.
  • Color differentiation for robot overview on the map (yellow = construction, white = logistics, cyan = mobile, green = personal).
  • When dragging electric pole, the next pole is built once the max distance was reached instead of when it was exceeded.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that blueprints containing offshore pumps couldn't be flipped. (92246)
  • Fixed spidertron leg could get permanently stuck when many ghost and entity avoidance requests stack up. (93050)
  • Fixed script error in entity transfers tutorial. (92587)
  • Fixed objective sound duplication in Tutorial level 01. (92099)
  • Renamed interface settings "show tutorial notifications" to "show tips and tricks notifications".
  • Fixed fast rebuilding pump to change direction. (92322)
  • Fixed that it wasn't possible to build train stop next to ghost rails. (93137)
  • Fixed uses of Enter as the confirm key. (92056)
  • Fixed that power pole dragging did not power all ghosts. (93115)
  • Fixed crash related to radar status. (93074)
  • Fixed that script was able to place overlapping rails when they were of different type. (93181)
  • Fixed that spidertron didn't move leg preventing ghost curved rail to be built in some cases.
  • Fixed that E to confirm didn't work on the connection error notice boxes.
  • Fixed ghost fast replace of pipe to ground.
  • Fixed that rail ghost was considered as colliding with rail to be deconstructed. (93227)
  • Fixed inserter's custom vector flip behavior in blueprints. (93191)
  • Fixed that power poles didn't keep their connection configuration when they died.
  • Fixed inserter status related to placing items into full chest in some cases. (93188)
  • Fixed a crash when installing mods due to the background simulation. (93322)
  • Fixed copying spidertron logistic filters didn't work correctly with empty filters. (93224)
  • Fixed trains limit could be violated when pasting settings onto train stop when it changes station name. (93458)
  • Fixed desync when changing value of LuaEntity::tree_stage_index. (93542)
  • Fixed that building constant combinator over ghost with different direction would not keep settings. (93622)
  • Fixed a crash related to modding rail signal wires. (93681)
  • Fixed that burner rocket silos didn't work correctly. (93640)
  • Fixed that the lab GUI would show incorrect research level if multiple levels were queued. (93256)
  • Fixed that the max-players settings didn't persist correctly between hosting games. (93361)
  • Fixed a crash when exiting the game while some notice boxes are visible. (93723)
  • Fixed blueprint chart rendering of rotated blueprints wasn't correct in some cases. (93609)
  • Fixed using script rendering animations in simulations would crash the game. (93443)
  • Fixed fast electric pole dragging logic with obstacles in the way. (91698)
  • Widened campaign level selection list box, so all of our level names can fit. (91661)
  • Fixed blueprint setup window left part being cut a little when there are so many components that they need a scroll bar. (92106)
  • Fixed that tips & tricks notification window was visible also when playing tutorial.
  • Fixed tips & tricks notice not being cleared when the tip was finished by playing tutorial before marking as read. (92261)
  • Fixed that changing parent style of a gui element didn't clear the internal style values and didn't resize it until the game was reloaded. (93070)
Scripting
  • Setting a tooltip on a 'slider' custom gui element will set the tooltip to both the body and the notch. (93069)
  • Added override_sound_type to LuaPlayer::play_sound, LuaSurface::play_sound, LuaGameScript::play_sound, and LuaForce::play_sound. (93067)
  • Added "item" to LuaSurface::create_entity. (93004)
  • Added create_build_effect_smoke to LuaEntity::clone(), LuaSurface::clone_area(), ::clone_brush(), and ::clone_entities().
  • Added LuaRecipePrototype::allow_inserter_overload read.
  • Added defines.train_state.destination_full.
  • Added LuaEntity::torso_orientation read/write.
  • Added LuaGameScript::font_prototypes read.
  • Added LuaFontPrototype.
  • Added LuaItemStack::create_grid().
Modding
  • Added RecipePrototype::allow_inserter_overload bool (true by default). When true, it increases the ingredient overload of the recipe by 4 times the current stack inserter stack size.
  • Added dynamic_recipe_overload_factor, minimum_recipe_overload_multiplier and maximum_recipe_overload_multiplier to utility constants.
  • Added train_auto_without_schedule_penalty to the train pathfinder utility constants.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Windsinger
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.7

Post by Windsinger »

Love the addition :O
Color differentiation for robot overview on the map (yellow = construction, white = logistics, cyan = mobile, green = personal).
Very nice fixes too, this one in particular i like because early game lazy +1
Fixed that building constant combinator over ghost with different direction would not keep settings. (93622)

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

Changed wire drawing to always have the same opacity regardless of ghost/electric poles being connected.
Does it mean it will be even harder now to tell if the wire is real or not?

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

I think that you forgot your train stop colour change from the changelog: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=79681 (great addition btw!)
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

keks244
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by keks244 »

Please bring back the Rocket count UI :cry:

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Xorimuth wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:30 pm
I think that you forgot your train stop colour change from the changelog: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=79681 (great addition btw!)
When a change consists of 2 lines added (tint added to 2 utility sprites) it was highly possible i could forget a changelog entry.

Jorn86
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jorn86 »

FactorioBot wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:49 am
Changes
  • Color differentiation for robot overview on the map (yellow = construction, white = logistics, cyan = mobile, green = personal).
Does 'mobile' mean spidertron / other vehicle grid roboports? If not, then what does it mean?

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

keks244 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:42 pm
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/rocket-silo-stats
Jorn86 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:16 pm
Does 'mobile' mean spidertron / other vehicle grid roboports? If not, then what does it mean?
Yes.

keks244
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by keks244 »

IronCartographer wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:27 pm
keks244 wrote:

Thanks, but i would love to see this in vanilla fac again.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

Xorimuth wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:30 pm
Oh that is a nice touch.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

keks244 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:54 pm
IronCartographer wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:27 pm
keks244 wrote:

Then for sure use that mod as they use popularity of mods to verify what many people want in the game.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

keks244 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:54 pm
but why? they didn't want it there... i don't like it. why not use the mod?

peternlewis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by peternlewis »

>blueprint cannot be flipped

It does occur to me that if you could flip the chemical plants and refineries, it would simplify this and remove a bunch of cases where blueprints cannot be flipped.

It's not like allowing flipping of the plants changes the game in any meaningful way, could even lead to some interesting solutions (like alternating orientation or refineries).

Seems like if flipping had been in the game from the beginning like rotating is, that it would apply to these buildings.

Anyway, just a thought - it would avoid not being able to flip most blueprint with pipes.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

peternlewis wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:14 am
>blueprint cannot be flipped

It does occur to me that if you could flip the chemical plants and refineries, it would simplify this and remove a bunch of cases where blueprints cannot be flipped.

It's not like allowing flipping of the plants changes the game in any meaningful way, could even lead to some interesting solutions (like alternating orientation or refineries).

Seems like if flipping had been in the game from the beginning like rotating is, that it would apply to these buildings.

Anyway, just a thought - it would avoid not being able to flip most blueprint with pipes.
This would, as I understand it, basically require two recipes for each that can be applied to either a refinery, or chemical plant. A regular recipe, and it's mirror.
And I believe there are mods that actually add in these "duplicate" recipes if you want.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

invisus wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:43 am
This would, as I understand it, basically require two recipes for each that can be applied to either a refinery, or chemical plant. A regular recipe, and it's mirror.
And I believe there are mods that actually add in these "duplicate" recipes if you want.
I believe he meant that the blueprints should just be allowed to break.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

peternlewis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by peternlewis »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:47 am
I believe he meant that the blueprints should just be allowed to break.
No, I meant you should be able to flip the chemical plant and the refinery in the same way you can rotate them.

I'm not sure why that would require an additional recipe - presumably rotations do not require additional recipes. The entity presumably has a rotation as an attribute, and it could have a flip state as an attribute as well (so instead of 4 rotations, there are 8 rotation/flips (flipping vertically is the same as flipping horizontally and rotating 180°)).

I imagine the cascading changes this would require would be something that might not want to be implemented at this point, especially as it would affect mods as well presumably.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

peternlewis wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:10 am
No, I meant you should be able to flip the chemical plant and the refinery in the same way you can rotate them.
That still wouldnt help with blueprints, because the Pipe Layout wouldnt match

Shingen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shingen »

jodokus31 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:38 pm
peternlewis wrote:
it wouldn't match if you flipped EVERYTHING? are you sure?

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Shingen wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:26 pm
it wouldn't match if you flipped EVERYTHING? are you sure?
It depends on whether the recipe counts as a thing.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Yay, lots of fixes and new stuff. Thank you very much.
And Happy New Year to the team.

jodokus31 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:38 pm
peternlewis wrote:
It would still be 90% faster to manually fix a flipped fluid blueprint than having to manually dissect it into "flippable" part, flip those, then build the fluid-assemblers manually, then add it all together. I KNOW that sometimes it won't be a perfect flip, i have a brain, and i would very much like if the engine didn't try to be smart about what is "flippable" and what is not. Currently playing Space Exploration and i can't even flip recipes with symmetrical fluid inputs. Frustrating.

TL;DR: I official request an advanced interface option "I know what i'm doing, just let me flip everything." option that just 180° rotates fluid-assemblers, pipes, etc and disables the smartness. (I thought the prevent-fluid-mixing saga told us a thing about smartness.)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Releases”