Version 1.1.6

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.6

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • The train time wait condition number field will be auto-focused when it is opened.
  • Moved rocket silo + satellite into the production tab.
  • Allowed to use productivity module on nuclear fuel production + nuclear fuel reprocessing.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that biters sometimes couldn't pathfind near the edge of generated chunks. (92171)
  • Fixed that some saves made in game versions before 1.1.0 could crash on load.
  • Fixed camera widget was rendering player's building preview. (92559)
  • Fixed synchronizing blueprint library into existing map would sometimes cause crash on loading a save. (92422)
  • Fixed that trying to move spidertrons with the remote while in a train in map view could add waypoints to the train. (92448)
  • Fixed that "only-in-cursor" didn't work nicely with wire items. (92475)
  • Fixed wrong default in collision mask util lib. (92632)
  • Fixed that the "Trains" side menu button icon had one train window 1 pixel wider. (92468)
  • Fixed entity tooltip would not show up when "Entity tooltip on the side" was disabled and "Entity tooltip delay" was not zero. (92638)
  • Fixed that copy pasting power switch entity settings too fast in multiplayer would cut the wire. (92449)
  • Fixed crash when fast replacing transport belts in some situations. (92625)
  • Fixed that set_[personal, vehicle]_logistic_slot would not update the GUI correctly when setting a duplicate request that would add or remove a row. (92494)
  • Fixed that it was possible to build blueprint with overlapping transport belt/wall entities which would trigger the consistency checks, cause desyncs and make saves unloadable.
  • Fixed that saves before 1.1 with entities set 'active=false' from script would be stuck disabled. (92704)
  • Fixed that ghost fast replacing gates didn't respect the current direction.
  • Fixed that ghost rail signal and train stop building didn't follow the same restrictions as normal building.
  • Fixed that construction robot trying to revive signal next to other signal would get stuck.
  • Fixed a crash when removing a burner energy source from a spider vehicle. (92664)
  • Fixed that the apply-upgrade-planner GUI wouldn't scroll when needed. (92443)
  • Fixed crash caused by race condition between rendering of camera widget and game view. (92388)
  • Fixed electric-energy-interface entity tooltips showing power consumption twice. (92544)
  • Fixed that biters would try to attack indestructible vehicles.
  • Fixed assigning new content to an existing blueprint with relative grid position would offset the new content inside the blueprint based on world position. (91878)
  • Fixed that trains counter could sometimes fail to decrease when train stop is destroyed. (92761)
  • Fixed crash in multiplayer when doing undo of mining an entity marked for upgrade and then doing undo of the upgrade selection. (92641)
  • Fixed boiler tooltip calculations not taking into account minimum_temperature. (92463)
  • Fixed when dragging a belt in line-snapping mode, the the buildability preview tint would be based on cursor position instead of the snapped position. (91687)
  • Fixed that entity GUIs could be too small in some locales. (92231)
  • Fixed research complete sound sometimes playing after the window is closed. (92190)
  • Fixed that building preview buildability (red/green color of preview) didn't correspond with the ghost modifier being pressed.
  • Fixed that ghost rail building didn't ignore entities marked for deconstruction.
  • Fixed that inserters with custom dropoff vectors would sometimes sleep on the wrong belt lane. (91664)
  • Fixed that the lab GUI couldn't properly display a large number of science pack slots. (92830)
  • Fixed that failing to read file attributes on Windows would sometimes crash the game. (92819)
  • Fixed crash when creating a new map in the map editor while having an outdated blueprint library.
  • Fixed that the server might not be able to accept RCON connections if TCP SYN cookies were disabled. (92945)
  • Fixed that programmable speaker would not play global sounds in main menu simulations. (92864)
  • Fixed that shift-tabbing into a text field didn't select the text. (91718)
  • Fixed that you could shift-tab to focus disabled widgets.
  • Fixed layouting of rich-text that was wrapped to multiple lines. (91964)
  • Fixed force-building blueprints when hovering the mouse over an electric pole. (92996)
Modding
  • Added 'allow_passengers' EntityPrototype bool for vehicles.
  • Added the "linked-belt" entity type.
Scripting
  • Module limitation can be specified alternatively by limitation_blacklist instead of a limitation.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::allow_passengers read.
  • Added LuaEntity::add_autopilot_destination().
  • Added LuaEntity::autopilot_destinations read.
  • Removed defines.build_check_type.ghost_place.
  • Added defines.build_check_type.manual_ghost, script_ghost and blueprint_ghost.
  • Added LuaEntity::connect_linked_belts() and LuaEntity::disconnect_linked_belts().
  • Added LuaEntity::linked_belt_type read/write.
  • Added LuaEntity::linked_belt_neighbour read.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.6

Post by DaveMcW »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:44 pm
  • Moved rocket silo + satellite into the production tab.
  • Allowed to use productivity module on nuclear fuel production + nuclear fuel reprocessing.
Nice job cleaning up the intermediate products tab. Now the only inconsistencies are:
  • Stone brick (logistics) is allowed to use productivity modules
  • Barrelling and unbarrelling (intermediate products) is NOT allowed to use productivity modules.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

DaveMcW wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:33 pm
  • Stone brick (logistics) is allowed to use productivity modules
  • Barrelling and unbarrelling (intermediate products) is NOT allowed to use productivity modules.
Barreling should be under logistics imo. I think stone bricks are fine, but I always find myself looking for them in the intermediates tab.
β…’β€”Crevez, chiens, si vous n'Γ©tes pas contents!

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Are you suggesting to allow that? Or to move the un-/barelling to another tab?
It must be the second. Allowing prodmods here, would create a perpetum mobile loophole.

TheEnemy42
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheEnemy42 »

I begin to wonder about the intermediate products. I guess the nature of the name is that these are products that can't really be used by themselves but rather are a part of something else. Do science packs belong there? They are used as-is. How about fuel (rocket, nuclear, uranium fuel cell)? Why is the satellite under Production and not Intermediate?
Currently primary Danish translator of Factorio. Feel free to contact me in regards to the translations.

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

TheEnemy42 wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:26 pm
Why is the satellite under Production and not Intermediate?
Because then someone would argue you could use productivity modules to make them.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

Dune wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:03 pm
TheEnemy42 wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:26 pm
Why is the satellite under Production and not Intermediate?
Because then someone would argue you could use productivity modules to make them.
Honestly, why not?

EDIT:
[*]Moved rocket silo + satellite into the production tab.
Not seeing any changes to the production tab. Satellite's still there like any other production item. Anywhere particular to look?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

foamy wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:55 am
[*]Moved rocket silo + satellite into the production tab.
Not seeing any changes to the production tab. Satellite's still there like any other production item. Anywhere particular to look?
Rocket silo and satellite are now in the production tab. Before that, they were not (rocket silo was in the military tab, and satellite in the intermediates one).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

... I am a dummy and thought it was talking about the *production stats*

Never mind!

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

The biggest inconsistency that remains is imo the order of fluids vs barrels and some oil recipes (solid fuel and sulfuric acid).
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

cynicalwanderer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cynicalwanderer »

Allowed to use productivity module on nuclear fuel production + nuclear fuel reprocessing.
On a related note, I'd like to see further additional usages for efficiency modules, particularly say in roboports and radars. Currently these modules don't really have many valid reasons to be used other than in deathworlds, so it'd be refreshing to have a new way for them to become important.

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by someone1337 »

Im playing a "it if can fit prod modules, you have to put prod modules in it" / maximise natural resources/dont waste (therefore: no coal liquification, no filling up a chest and shooting it, no filling the map with radars, lightoil to solid, as long as possible/not backed up due to excess gas, ...) game.

Changes
This seemingly harmless change really has some impact on nuclear...
Even before the change 1 nuclear fuel cell was cheaper than 1 dark green uran, but with this change we get to almost 0.75 uran for one fuel cell.

The numbers (guran = light green uran; uran = dark green uran):

Code: Select all

cells:
1 guran + 19 uran -> 10 cells
40% -- 5+2 -> 5 guran + 95 uran -> 70 cells
(70 cells because its the first full bonus: 2.0 bonuses = 5.0 runs)

kovarex:
3 uran -> 1 guran
20% -- 4+1 -> 12 uran -> 5 guran

nuclear with kovarex:
--> 107 uran = 70 cells
--> 1.52857142857143 uran = 1 cell

reprocessing: now
5 used cells -> 3 uran
20% -- 4+1 -> 20 used cells -> 15 uran
-> 70 used cells -> 52.5 uran

nuclear with kovarex + new reprocessing:
--> 107 - 52.5 -> 54.5 uran = 70 cells
--> 0.778571428571429 uran = 1 cell

reprocessing: before
5 used cells -> 3 uran
0% -- 4 -> 20 used cells -> 12 uran
-> 70 used cells -> 42 uran

nuclear with kovarex + old reprocessing:
--> 107 - 42 -> 65 uran = 70 cells
--> 0.928571428571429 uran = 1 cell
How am I ever supposed to use up my first uran-patch?
It was 600k at the beginning, it is 200k now (after 200 hours in that map) and due to the changes and due to mining productivity going up i struggle to find a non-wasteful way to use it up...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

someone1337 wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:48 am
I don't know, make thousands of atomic bombs maybe? :)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Enrich it all the U235 to compress it 3:1, then build a heavily guarded storage facility ;).
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:59 pm
Enrich it all the U235 to compress it 3:1, then build a heavily guarded storage facility ;).
And wait for the US to sabotage it. :P

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Amarula »

kovarex wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:53 am
I don't know, make thousands of atomic bombs maybe? :)
:lol:

First thought: make thousands of reactors! :D
Second thought: then I will never run out of power again! 8-)
Final though: except my Factorio super-power is finding yet another way to run out of power so...
I'm doomed :twisted:
Thousands of bombs it is...
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

Impatient wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:12 pm
Are you suggesting to allow that? Or to move the un-/barelling to another tab?
It must be the second. Allowing prodmods here, would create a perpetum mobile loophole.
Agreed. Even with the barrels as catalysts you'd still be able to turn power into fluid multiplication.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

cynicalwanderer wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:42 am
Allowed to use productivity module on nuclear fuel production + nuclear fuel reprocessing.
On a related note, I'd like to see further additional usages for efficiency modules, particularly say in roboports and radars. Currently these modules don't really have many valid reasons to be used other than in deathworlds, so it'd be refreshing to have a new way for them to become important.
That'd be neat. Or in beacons, perhaps, if they reduced the power consumption of beacons (including the one they're mounted in). I don't know if it would be enough to break the utter dominance of speed + prod for most people, but it couldn't hurt.

Marvin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Marvin »

Still amazes me how you release after release, year after year, keep on fixing all these bugs and keep the game to such high standards. Thank you so much!

Khagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Khagan »

Code: Select all

reprocessing: now
5 used cells -> 3 uran
20% -- 4+1 -> 20 used cells -> 15 uran
-> 70 used cells -> 52.5 uran

nuclear with kovarex + new reprocessing:
--> 107 - 52.5 -> 54.5 uran = 70 cells
--> 0.778571428571429 uran = 1 cell
You've calculated the productivity on the reprocessing as 25%, not 20%. With maximum productivity everywhere, 19 U238 + 1 U235 gives 10 x 1.4 = 14 fuel cells, which reprocess to 14/5 x 3 x 1.2 = 10.08 U238 for a net consumption of 8.92 U238. The U235 can be kovarexed from 3/1.2 = 2.5 U238, so we end up with 14 fuel cells from 11.42 U238, which is 0.816 U238 per cell.

But that is a small correction, and the point you are making is still valid; there was already a synergy between reprocessing and productivity, and this change enhances it. On the other hand, both reprocessing and nuclear fuel production are very slow processes, so the payback time for high-level productivity modules is long – long enough to wonder whether it is really worth doing.

Return to β€œReleases”