[Twinsen][1.1.4] Crash during some actions after attempting to overwrite locked saved file

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Xalos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Twinsen][1.1.4] Crash during some actions after attempting to overwrite locked saved file

Post by Xalos »

What did you do?

I saved the game, attached the save file to a bug report thread in Firefox, and then attempted to overwrite the save to create a test save that better demonstrated the bug in the original thread.

What happened?

I got an in-game error dialog on the initial save attempt:
Screenshot 3113.png
Screenshot 3113.png (3.13 MiB) Viewed 2521 times

after which the game continued to work normally. However, upon clicking Save Game the second time, Factorio crashed with a Windows modal error dialog:
Screenshot 3112.png
Screenshot 3112.png (7.4 KiB) Viewed 2521 times

The same also happens shortly after clicking Quit Game, and upon attempting to start Factorio after loading finishes, whenever Firefox is still locking the save file.

What did you expect to happen?

I expected the save menu to appear, and to be able to save the game to another location.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.7 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
factorio-previous.log
(8.94 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twinsen][1.1.4] Crash during some actions after attempting to overwrite locked saved file

Post by Twinsen »

I can't seem to reproduce the issue.
GetFileAttributesExW seems to have failed for you, but I can't reach that state no matter how I lock the file.

I have a theoretical fix but i'm reluctant of pushing it until I better understand what's happening.

Xalos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Twinsen][1.1.4] Crash during some actions after attempting to overwrite locked saved file

Post by Xalos »

Twinsen wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:48 pm
I can't seem to reproduce the issue.
GetFileAttributesExW seems to have failed for you, but I can't reach that state no matter how I lock the file.
Confirmed on my machine as well. File locks cause an in-game error, but no crash. I'd assumed Firefox was locking the file itself, but it must be doing something different.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Should be fixed in Version: 1.1.6.

Even though I never got to reproduce the issue, the game will no longer crash when failing to read the file attributes.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”