[posila] [1.1.0] Blueprint does not show preview

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jagholin
Inserter
Inserter

[posila] [1.1.0] Blueprint does not show preview

Post by jagholin »

Some blueprints made in 1.0 now don't show preview, although the blueprint itself is working fine.
example screenshot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2298006021

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Blueprint does now show preview

Post by AntiElitz »

actually it is shown at micro scale in the bottom right.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Let me guess, it is not fresh blueprint, but you were using "choose new content" for the blueprint and new entities were placed on completly different end of the map compared to where were entities primarily used for blueprint.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

I saw something similar for blueprints I made pre 1.0, but deactivating "snap to grid" and reactivating fixed it for me.

jagholin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jagholin »

valneq wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:33 am
I saw something similar for blueprints I made pre 1.0, but deactivating "snap to grid" and reactivating fixed it for me.
mine was created in 1.0. Since it uses new grid layout mechanic, i coudn't have made it before.
boskid wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:46 am
Let me guess, it is not fresh blueprint, but you were using "choose new content" for the blueprint and new entities were placed on completly different end of the map compared to where were entities primarily used for blueprint.
I didn't understand entirely, but the bp is working absolutely fine when i use it, no strange offsets or anything. It's just preview dialog that broke.
Did I use 'choose new content' sometime when working on this particular bp? Perhaps, but not recently. I can't say now, because the bp is months old, and i do use the 'choose new content' button sometimes.
AntiElitz wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:43 am
actually it is shown at micro scale in the bottom right.
you might be right, i couldn't decipher what that thing bottom right was.

xenal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xenal »

Blueprints when using the relative grid have this. Even if it's a relative grid, it still have a anchor point and that's what messes it up in this version. Probably if you move the "grid position", it would fix itself.

For me it's blueprints that I carried from 1.0 who have this issue, Only those with relative grids enabled since their anchor point wasn't set properly (we didn't need it and couldn't even set it while in relative grid). In the previews versions, relative grid didn't have an anchor, so I feel like it's the conversion of version which is messed up

selplacei
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by selplacei »

My guess:

If you decode a blueprint string, you'll see that absolute positions of entities are stored, even in pre 1.1 blueprints that aren't aligned to an absolute grid. It seems that when opening old blueprints, the anchor point is implied to be (0, 0), but the actual entities still keep their coordinates, which can be hundreds or thousands of tiles away. The preview then tries to fit both the anchor point and all the entities while keeping the scale accurate, so they appear tiny. You can fix the preview by changing grid settings (and optionally changing them back) or right-clicking an entity, then restoring it.

Seems to just be an issue with converting old blueprints to the 1.1 alignment system.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

I took that BP and pasted it. I then opened it for editing. Selected "Add new content" and selected the previously pasted content, and it created a new "diminutive" BP preview
BP-recreate.PNG
BP-recreate.PNG (173.63 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
Starting from scratch with the same pasted content creates a perfectly formed BP

burninghey
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Blueprint does not show preview

Post by burninghey »

same issue here. most of the bp's i generated in 1.0 got offset with snap to grid actived itself in 1.1.1

I very rarely used "snap to grip" and i can tell i DID NOT activate it for these bps

I'm doing "new content for bp" quite often, if i find another optimization

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

burninghey wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:47 am
same issue here. most of the bp's i generated in 1.0 got offset with snap to grid actived itself in 1.1.1
Blueprint strings or in-save (or in blueprint library) blueprints?
Do you have 1.0 blueprint I could reproduce this with? The one in the first post is already version 1.1.1 and technically working correctly. It is my understanding that 1.0 to 1.1 migration is what needs to be fixed.

selplacei
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by selplacei »

posila wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:53 pm
burninghey wrote:
Do you have 1.0 blueprint I could reproduce this with? The one in the first post is already version 1.1.1 and technically working correctly. It is my understanding that 1.0 to 1.1 migration is what needs to be fixed.
Actually, I had a similar issue in just 1.1 that got marked as duplicate of this bug. I'll just link the original topic: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=92135

EDIT (by posila): added quote of selplacei's repro-steps
selplacei wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:33 am
Steps to reproduce:
1. Make a blueprint from something that's built on the map and enable "Snap to grid". Make sure it's set to Relative. Setting custom size or position is optional. The automatic grid position will be as expected, at X=0 and Y=0.
2. Save the blueprint.
3. Go into the blueprint again and select new contents (selecting exactly the same contents still produces this bug).
Result: the grid position will be nonsense unless it happens to be the same as it was previously. If the same entities in the world are selected as the new contents several times, the resulting nonsense grid position will also stay the same - my guess is that the game remembers the original coordinates of the entities relative to the world, and sets the grid position to (0, 0) relative to the world, which can be many blocks away from the actual entities.
Expected result: the grid position will be automatically set the same way as when making a new blueprint (at 0, 0 relative to the blueprint), or, alternatively, it should be kept the same as before selecting new contents.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] [1.1.0] Blueprint does not show preview

Post by posila »

Thanks for the reports.

Based on the info, I am gonna say my assumption about problem with migration of old blueprints was incorrect and the problem was actually reassigning existing blueprints with new content while the blueprint had relative position set.
This is fixed for 1.1.6

burninghey
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by burninghey »

posila wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:53 pm
burninghey wrote:
I could reproduce the issue

Sorry I'm late to the party. I did a blueprint library backup before 1.1 ... so reverted back to 1.0 and loaded the old library. Copied 3 blueprints for you. Then, update to 1.1.5 killed them.
Loading a 1.0 save with 1.0 blueprints after patch to 1.1.5 activated the set relative position checkbox with strange values. Maybe updated them in 1.0 before and the off values got stored. But checkbox was disabled in 1.0

1.0 blueprints working fine in 1.0:

bbq 4" Reaktor simple v1.0 Grundlast

bbq 4" Reaktor v3.0 Beltbased

bbq Mauer Endgame Turrets 1.0

after Update to 1.1.5 they got this:

bbq 4" Reaktor simple v1.0 Grundlast

bbq 4" Reaktor v3.0 Beltbased

bbq Mauer Endgame Turrets 1.0

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”