[Twinsen][1.1.4] "Research completed" sound competes with Technology screen

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Firedodger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Twinsen][1.1.4] "Research completed" sound competes with Technology screen

Post by Firedodger »

Hi all,

I did search and perhaps I failed and it was reported before, but since I am playing 1.1 I might be someone who noticed this while others didn't.

Since I am eagre on not losing time between research, I switched on the reasearch popup and after some time noticed that the sound of the research completed (the all femiliar tundeedun) only sometimes plays after closing the research window when it popped up instead of while popping up.

The strangest thing, is that it doesn't do this always. about 50% of the time, the sound plays exactly when the window opens, the other 50% it plays after closing it (when pressing close or esc_. :) I noticed this when using no mods at all, and it didn't change when I started using mods all together.

Perhaps it was already known, otherwise I am happy I have been for once been able to help you guys with this one of a kind awesome game!

Have a good one :D

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.1.4] "Research completed" sound competes with Technology screen

Post by valneq »

I like using the interface setting "Technology screen opens when research is completed".

With 1.1 I noticed that sometimes the technology screen opens (& pauses the game) before the sound for "Research completed" is played. The sound is played once I close the technology screen in these cases. Sometimes, and it is most of the times really, it plays before the technology screen opens, just as it should. I have not played a proper map with 1.0.0, so not sure if it is a new problem.

I do not know of a way to reliably make it play before or after the technology screen. It appears random.

Using the editor I set up a very simple map to test this, but it should be reproducible on any map.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
research_sound.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 105 times

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twinsen][1.1.4] "Research completed" sound competes with Technology screen

Post by Twinsen »

Apparently the way to have it play after the technology screen closes is to have a window(e.g. entity gui) open when a research finishes.

Should be fixed in Version: 1.1.6.
Let me know if there are some new issues related to the research complete sound, as now it's played though some different game mechanism.

Thanks for the report and the save.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Twinsen][1.1.4] "Research completed" sound competes with Technology screen

Post by valneq »

Twinsen wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:27 pm
Should be fixed in Version: 1.1.6.
<3

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”