Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.67

Post by FactorioBot »

Graphics
  • New chemical plant graphics.
  • Heat pipes (also in reactors and heat exchangers) glow with high temperatures.
Changes
  • Pressing ESC while catching up to a multiplayer game will disconnect instead of opening the menu. (74735)
  • An entity can't be teleported into a position where pipe connections would overlap. (74652)
  • The camera will zoom to center instead of zooming to cursor in God controller, Ghost controller and Spectator controller.
Features
  • Added an area tool to the map editor tile editor.
  • Added highlighting of the source entities when selecting areas to clone in the map editor.
  • Added a setting in the map editor to hide entity health bars.
  • Added a setting in the map editor surface editor to generate new chunks using lab tiles.
  • Added support to manipulate items on the stored character while in the map editor.
  • Added infinity settings for automatically controlling items in the map editor.
  • Changed the infinity chest so it can also spawn hidden items.
Gui
  • Rearranged key-bindings in Control Settings to different categories. Improved and added more descriptions of key-bindings.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed cloning ghost entities with rotation didn't work correctly. (74635)
  • Fixed that the lab GUI wouldn't update when the technology being researched changed. (74605)
  • Fixed loader front patch and back patch were not sorted correctly when drawing. (74680)
  • Fixed wire connection distance sometimes being inconsistent. (74666)
  • Fixed a rotation of modded pump with regard to blocked pipe connections. (74629)
  • Prevented a crash resulting from teleporting a pipe to a fluid system with blocked connection. (74702)
  • Fixed that the filter GUI tooltip would flicker when changing tabs. (74623)
  • Fixed fluid mixing from creating an underground pipe by script into a blocked fluid system. (74614)
  • Fixed fluid mixing from copy/pasting an infinite pipe next to a different fluid. (74702)
  • Prevented playing Jesus and changing water into other fluids. (74624)
  • Fixed assembler ghost fluid filters disappearing through loading. (74723)
  • Cliffs sections which are fully marked as indestructible can't be exploded. (73939)
  • Fixed interaction of underground pipes with modded length. (74610)
  • Fixed fluid mixing caused by fluid producing furnace. (74648)
  • Fixed that opening the technology GUI in the same tick as the entity tooltip being shown didn't work correctly. (74710)
  • Prevented rotation of a modded assembler with a blocked pipe connection that results in fluid mixing. (74657)
  • Fixed train condition button indentation not being properly updated under special circumstances. (74527)
  • Fixed that train schedule waypoint was considered to be passed when train departed the related rail rather when it entered it. (74678)
  • Fixed that storage tank entities ignored pipe_picture property in their fluid box definition. (74878)
  • Fixed improper action selection for UI actions for key bindings differentiated by modifiers only. (74631)
  • Fixed a crash related to a modded assembler and fluid mixing. (74746)
  • Applied the cannon shadow to the artillery wagon, fixing some unintended highlights. (57931)
  • Fixed crash when removing electric pole. (73458)
  • Fixed event handler could try to register events twice in some cases. (74665)
  • Fixed blueprinted locomotives would preview as snapped to train stop. (74540)
  • Fixed items spilling on the ground when using fast entity transfer while robots are trying to insert into the player. (74819)
  • Fixed hand reserving a non-empty slot in some situations when player inventory auto-sorting is disabled.
  • Fixed custom lua slider sometimes initializing with the marker in the wrong position. (75052)
  • Fixed "list-box" and "drop-down" custom GUI elements would not update selected index when changing its items programmatically. (75044)
  • Fixed that the map editor 'instant blueprint building' would fail to place trains correctly.
  • Rail signal that is to be reserved by circuit network doesn't allow train to go through even when the block is already occupied by the given train. (74506)
  • Rail signal will change from reserved by circuit network state to closed state when train is manually placed into the block it guards. (74862)
  • Fixed train stop name in map not being positioned properly. (75099)
Modding
  • Changed default value of LoaderPrototype::structure_render_layer from "lower-object" to "transport-belt-circuit-connector", in order to be consistent with other on-belt structure sprites.
  • Different wall types will connect visually by default. If this behavior is not desired for a wall prototype, set it unique "visual_merge_group". (74695)
  • Added optional random_variation_on_create to all simple entity prototypes.
  • Pump was changed to not expand its bounding box when connected to pipe. Collision box for vanilla pump was adjusted to reflect this change.
Scripting
  • Added additional filtering to LuaGameScript::get_filtered_..._prototypes() functions.
  • Added optional "tags" to entities in blueprints and entity ghosts.
  • Added optional "tags" to script_raised_revive, on_built_entity and on_robot_built_entity events when reviving ghosts.
  • Added LuaEntity::tags read/write for entity ghosts.
  • Added LuaItemStack::get_blueprint_entity_count(), get_blueprint_entity_tags(), set_blueprint_entity_tags(), get_blueprint_entity_tag(), and set_blueprint_entity_tag().
  • Added on_force_friends_changed and on_force_cease_fire_changed events.
  • Added "area" to on_chunk_charted and on_sector_scanned events.
  • Added "position" to on_chunk_generated event.
  • Added area to the LuaChunkIterator operator() return value.
  • Added LuaPlayer::toggle_map_editor().
  • The script_destroyed_entity event is raised for map editor instant deconstruction.
  • Added LuaEntity::tick_of_last_attack and LuaEntity::tick_of_last_damage write.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.67

Post by Adamo »

Just updated all my mods with recipe tints for chemistry recipes. Looking forward to seeing how that looks on the new graphic.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:47 pm

Scripting
  • Added optional "tags" to script_raised_revive, on_built_entity and on_robot_built_entity events when reviving ghosts.
  • Added LuaItemStack::get_blueprint_entity_count(), get_blueprint_entity_tags(), set_blueprint_entity_tags(), get_blueprint_entity_tag(), and set_blueprint_entity_tag().
W...w...w...wwaaaait.... Did you just say custom data in blueprints is now officially supported? *cleans glasses*
Is there any size limit on those tables?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adamo »

The cloud coming out of the chemical plant's smoke stack is very choppy at slow speeds, e.g. in a plant with productivity modules but no speed modules. The fluid flow animation still looks smooth at this speed, so it appears there are plenty of frames available to make a smooth animation. Please consider increasing the frame density for the cloud coming out of the smoke stack.

alexk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alexk »

Hey guys, this event is no longer called when copy-pasting ghost buildings on_built_entity. It does work if not copy-paste.
I just made a mod which is now partially broken.
Is this intentional? It used to work on v66.

Code: Select all

-- piece of code which stopped working after v67
script.on_event(defines.events.on_built_entity, dtmg.handlers.on_built_entity)
Thanks.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

eradicator wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:18 pm

Scripting
W...w...w...wwaaaait.... Did you just say custom data in blueprints is now officially supported? *cleans glasses*
The catch is that currently the only way to match up your entity in the blueprint vs in the real world is to catch all the blueprint events and work it out by position.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

alexk wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:58 pm
Hey guys, this event is no longer called when copy-pasting ghost buildings on_built_entity. It does work if not copy-paste.
I just made a mod which is now partially broken.
Is this intentional? It used to work on v66.

Code: Select all

-- piece of code which stopped working after v67
script.on_event(defines.events.on_built_entity, dtmg.handlers.on_built_entity)
Thanks.
Please make a bug report

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

justarandomgeek wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:01 pm
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:18 pm
Scripting
The catch is that currently the only way to match up your entity in the blueprint vs in the real world is to catch all the blueprint events and work it out by position.
Yea. I saw that. But this is a huge leap in the right direction (Thanks btw to everyone who had a hand at this). And i wouldn't even know *how* to officially support better linking. Some kind of callback-capable on_blueprinted event? Does the engine even support returning values from event handlers...
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:12 pm
Yea. I saw that. But this is a huge leap in the right direction (Thanks btw to everyone who had a hand at this). And i wouldn't even know *how* to officially support better linking. Some kind of callback-capable on_blueprinted event? Does the engine even support returning values from event handlers...
Events are just c++ calling a lua function, so it's certainly possible to return data from an event handler, but it would be... unusual. Also, there's some complications if multiple mods return values for it, how you combine them.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

justarandomgeek wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:35 pm
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:12 pm
Events are just c++ calling a lua function, so it's certainly possible to return data from an event handler, but it would be... unusual. Also, there's some complications if multiple mods return values for it, how you combine them.
The doc says tags can have subtables, so it should be possible to store it as {mod_name=returned_data}. Or handle it like data stage: in a shared environment let everyone watch out for themselfs and do their own prefixes, and then do a dumb merge and for duplicate keys last one who writes wins. Having a handlers with return values at all certainly sounds like the larger hurdle here.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gergely »

Changes
  • The camera will zoom to center instead of zooming to cursor in God controller, Ghost controller and Spectator controller.
Nooooooo! This is going to mess with my memory so much... I was so used to this not only in Factorio but basically everywhere where such thing is applicable.

TRauMa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TRauMa »

A word of warning - this breaks space exploration, so either play a new SE-less save to marvel at the new eye candy, or wait for SE to update.

nafira
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nafira »

FFS I think you were done with big changes and focusing on bug fixing/HD texture ?

Seriously, why the camera ??? It's the most important thing in the game and you just broke it. It's the first time I'm seriously pissed about an update.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

nafira wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:19 pm
FFS I think you were done with big changes and focusing on bug fixing/HD texture ?

Seriously, why the camera ??? It's the most important thing in the game and you just broke it. It's the first time I'm seriously pissed about an update.
How can something that you don't encounter in the default game (freeplay + campaign) be the most important thing in the game? Could you explain that to me please.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

Gergely wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:04 pm
Changes
Nooooooo! This is going to mess with my memory so much... I was so used to this not only in Factorio but basically everywhere where such thing is applicable.
I'm on the opposite side, I hated zoom-to-mouse with a passion. They should probably make it an option.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

funky.bibimbap
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by funky.bibimbap »

TRauMa wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:41 pm
A word of warning - this breaks space exploration, so either play a new SE-less save to marvel at the new eye candy, or wait for SE to update.
It also breaks some Bob's and Angel's.

huancz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by huancz »

GOG doesn't offer me the update (I can still update in-game of course).

Seaish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Seaish »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:21 pm
nafira wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:19 pm

How can something that you don't encounter in the default game (freeplay + campaign) be the most important thing in the game? Could you explain that to me please.
It's still zoom-to-cursor in map view, right?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Seaish wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:47 pm
Yes.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

nafira
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nafira »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:48 pm
Seaish wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:47 pm
Yes.

That wasn't clear ...
My apologies... :roll:

Changing how you zoom in the map would be a terrible idea. That was how I was understading "ghost and spectator mode".

Return to β€œReleases”