Version 0.17.53

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.53

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes Bugfixes
  • Fixed that curved rail bounding box wasn't rotationally symmetric.
  • Fixed window would flicker when dragging window from left to right, from normal DPI display to higher DPI display. (72474)
  • Fixed that modded pollution modifiers wouldn't show in some cases. (70545)
  • Fixed that trying to repair inoperable entities would show the "can't mine" message. (71638)
  • Fixed that checking for mod updates could fail when old versions of a mod had bad data. (72558)
  • Fixed graphical artifacts in curved rail sprites when zoomed out (OpenGL). (71332)
  • Fixed a crash of some modded entities with fluid energy source. (72529)
  • Fixed that sending long commands through RCON could cause some players to drop from the game. (72495)
  • Fixed drawing speech bubbles on top of other gui elements, and on top of the map view.
  • Fixed NPE crash when building ghosts. (71991)
  • Fixed rotated text not working with certain fonts. (65780#p438232)
  • Fixed that the drag-map action wasn't allowed when the cursor had specific items even if the drag map control didn't conflict with building. (71069)
  • Fixed that restarting scenario levels would leave the generate-map GUI in a strange state. (71671)
  • Fixed that RCON commands would not be processed if a player had paused the game. (70930)
  • Fixed that the "include modules" checkbox would always show if the blueprint had a train with fuel in it. (72627)
  • Fixed that infinite technologies wouldn't display the level in the technology screen if their prototype name didn't include a level. (69296)
  • Fixed that clicking alerts from multiple modded surfaces wouldn't work correctly. (72632)
  • Fixed that unit groups wouldn't be able to pathfind if their centre was colliding with another entity of the same force. (63832)
  • Fixed a crash related to train crashing while passing a reserved signal. (72320)
  • Fixed a crash related to teleporting reserved signal. (72292)
  • Fixed that errors from the asynchronous saving process sometimes wouldn't be communicated back to the parent. (64794)
  • Fixed that dying and respawning wouldn't preserve the toggle-personal-roboport setting. (72602)
  • Fixed that train waiting time was reset when adding temporary station. (72403)
  • Fixed that entity-to-be-built tooltips didn't work correctly with tooltip delay. (65663)
  • Fixed that train without a schedule didn't try to stop. (72355)
Modding
  • Fixed that the game would allow entities with different sized bounding boxes or collision masks to be upgraded. (72698)
  • Fixed excessive memory usage and long time to exit related large amounts of sprite definitions. (72200)
  • Fixed that GUI graphical_sets wouldn't render corners correctly in some cases. (69468)
  • Fixed that technologies marked as "visible_when_disabled" would still be researchable when the research queue was enabled. (72423)
  • Moved the entity_renderer_search_box_limits values into utility constants.
  • Secondary bounding box of rail is not moddable anymore.
  • Changed module prototype property "tier" to unsigned int from float.
Scripting
  • Fixed that get_blueprint_entities() didn't include train schedules. (71614)
  • Added LuaSurface::calculate_tile_properties().
  • Added LuaEntity::storage_filter read/write.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

KrazyTygr
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.53

Post by KrazyTygr »

I tried to automatically update and get this error message:
Update failed: Checking update packages failed: File G:/Factorio/0.17/data/../doc-html/Classes.html has unexpected content
Edit - it appears that the solution is to download the experimental version from the web site - no idea what was wrong with the classes.html file though...
Last edited by KrazyTygr on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avaspell
Inserter
Inserter

Post by avaspell »

If anyone wants to let bobingabout know, looks like some tweaks are needed to Bob's Logistics to deal with the new boxing checks.

Merssedes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Merssedes »

FactorioBot wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:50 pm
[*]Fixed drawing speech bubbles on top of other gui elements, and on top of the map view.
IMHO, new bubbles sometimes hard to read because of distortions.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

Merssedes wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:44 pm
FactorioBot wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:50 pm
[*]Fixed drawing speech bubbles on top of other gui elements, and on top of the map view.
IMHO, new bubbles sometimes hard to read because of distortions.
This. I definitely think the distortion should stay, but tone it down slightly after the initial blip, and increase the contrast slightly. The text should remain readable and unmoving after the initial blips, because there were several times when I was reading, and the text flew around causing me to lose my place.

It's a step in the right direction, but still needs some work! :D
Don't forget, you're here forever.

kreeg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreeg »

KrazyTygr wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:17 pm
I tried to automatically update and get this error message:
Update failed: Checking update packages failed: File G:/Factorio/0.17/data/../doc-html/Classes.html has unexpected content
Edit - it appears that the solution is to download the experimental version from the web site - no idea what was wrong with the classes.html file though...
Automatic update failed me too.

The solution for me was to wait a couple hours and now it works on it's own again.

Shoooter13
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shoooter13 »

Shoooter13
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shoooter13 »

i thing need off mods(

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

Rotational bounding box.. No more letting train roll through each other?

Return to “Releases”