Version 0.17.13

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.13

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Modified NPE quest structure to give the player more notice of impending attacks
  • Added missing Steel plate recipe to NPE tech tree (67504)
  • Removed unneeded Iron stick recipe from NPE
  • Fast replacing between rail signal and rail chain signal will preserve circuit wire connection and relevant settings. (67682)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that the evolution pollution factor wasn't migrated properly. (pollution was increasing evolution 16.6 times faster than it should for existing saves).
  • Fixed a crash when trying to assign invalid things to LuaPlayer::game_view_settings. (67682)
  • Fixed that replays could trigger autosaves and take screenshots. (65901)
  • Fixed that changing mod settings through Lua commands wouldn't trigger the settings-changed event. (66395)
  • Fixed that /config didn't support name, description, or tags. (67463)
  • Fixed a crash when using temporary stations. (67700)
  • Fixed that drop-item into vehicles didn't work. (65948)
  • Fixed that resizing the window while loading on 4k screens would cause the progress bar to not render. (65987)
  • Fixed that the crafting queue GUI wouldn't show correctly when loading a save with crafting in progress. (66220)
  • Fixed text box line wrapping didn't work correctly in most cases. (65437)
  • Fixed a crash when re-joining a multiplayer game while the tips-and-tricks window is visible.
  • Fixed a crash when opening the set-filter GUI on the ammo inventory of other player using the /open command.
  • Fixed that the pollution generation of steel furnace wasn't what it was supposed compared to 0.16.
  • Fixed that you could die during a cutscene and become a ghost when it ended. (67651)
  • Fixed that you could die with required items in your inventory and make the NPE unwinnable. (65829)
  • Fixed that some turrets wouldn't be detected by the quest objectives in the NPE. (66013)
  • Fixed issue with detecting Steam engine on network in NPE (66717)
  • Fixed biters getting stuck in massive clumps in NPE (66226)
  • Fixed biters becoming frozen after arriving at target destination in NPE (66494)
  • Fixed crash when mining scrap metal in NPE (65512)
  • Fixed biters losing aggression after save/load during NPE (66410)
  • Fixed some windows in the NPE having inconsistent header draggable textures (66295)
  • Fixed build order for Compilatron in NPE so it is more successful (66703)
  • Fixed set_active_quick_bar_page not updating the GUI. (66142)
  • Fixed that waiting on temporary stop was reset every time other station was added. (6034)
  • Fixed that blueprints with trains and rails still could snap the trains to different rails. (67384)
  • Fixed LuaGameScript::take_screenshot with anti_alias = true would produce bad screenshots (67685)
  • Fixed that snapping to position while building ghost didn't update the ghost position properly, leading to invisible entities in rare cases. (66908)
  • Fixed a crash when destroying trains while in the paused map editor state. (67734)
  • Fixed that recipes could be setup to produce > 1 count of items that are never meant to be stacked. (67736)
  • Fixed that creating a new blueprint and pressing Q after it was setup removes it instead of putting it into inventory. (67737)
  • Fixed LuaGameScript::take_screenshot with anti_alias = true would produce bad screenshots. (67685)
  • Fixed Artillery targeting remote not showing the correct ability count in the quickbar. (65310)
  • Fixed scrolling through blueprint book with Shift+mouse wheel on macOS. (67225)
  • Fixed Artillery targeting remote not showing the correct ability count in the qickbar. (65310)
  • Fixed that blueprint shortcuts in quickbar linked to the library wouldn't remember their orientation. (65716)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

ejg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.13

Post by ejg »

Must have been a serious bug:

Fixed Artillery targeting remote not showing the correct ability count in the qickbar. (65310)

since it is fixed twice ;)

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

ejg wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:13 pm

Fixed Artillery targeting remote not showing the correct ability count in the qickbar. (65310)

Naw, the second time its totally different
Fixed Artillery targeting remote not showing the correct ability count in the qickbar.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

DragonMaus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DragonMaus »

Ah, but the first one was fixed in the quickbar. An entirely different bug!

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Just to be clear: that evolution pollution thing is only about spawners actively absorbing pollution, right?

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Did they fix that the artilery remote adds a black shadow behind will items?

TheBrain0110
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TheBrain0110 »

Serenity wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:36 pm
Just to be clear: that evolution pollution thing is only about spawners actively absorbing pollution, right?
AFAIK, Spawners absorbing pollution only causes them to spawn / send attacks. It has no effect on the evolution level. The evolution level is determined by total pollution produced, regardless of where it goes.

So I *think* the bug was referring to pollution production having a higher effect on the evolution level than intended, and has nothing to do with spawners.

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

TheBrain0110 wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:01 pm
AFAIK, Spawners absorbing pollution only causes them to spawn / send attacks. It has no effect on the evolution level. The evolution level is determined by total pollution produced, regardless of where it goes.
Correct. Evolution is determined by three factors, as seen on the wiki.
Wiki wrote:The evolution factor is increased by three kinds of events:

The passage of time very slightly increases the evolution factor.
The global pollution production increases the evolution factor.
Destroying nests significantly increases the evolution factor.

MimigaKing
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MimigaKing »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:05 pm

[*]Fixed that the evolution pollution factor wasn't migrated properly. (pollution was increasing evolution 16.6 times faster than it should for existing saves).

THIS is why Evolution went from 75 to 85% in about 1h30 of gameplay >_>,

thanks for the fix

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Ranakastrasz wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Fixed Artillery targeting remote not showing the correct ability count in the qickbar.
But they did fix something twice:

Fixed LuaGameScript::take_screenshot with anti_alias = true would produce bad screenshots (67685)

thecatlover1996
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by thecatlover1996 »

DRY411S wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:28 pm

But they did fix something twice:

Fixed LuaGameScript::take_screenshot with anti_alias = true would produce bad screenshots (67685)
Again, an entirely different bug. The second listing has a period, the first one doesn't ;)

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

In the revised tutorial, I'm being attacked by a constant stream of biters from the west before I've researched turrets. The new pollution display shows 0 pollution being absorbed by spawners.

They are not coming from the initial starter base, but from further west, well outside my pollution cloud. Some new scripted spawn mechanic? Anyway, my iron ore miners are under constant attack, which makes it somewhat difficult to do anything else in the factory. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it is already filed as a bug and fixed for the next version.
Last edited by Therax on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Miniloader β€” UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders β€” Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer β€” Route items and fluids freely underground

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

Every time I read your "NPE" I think of Java's NullPointerException...

"Modified NullPointerException quest structure" -- huh? they come with quests now?

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

Therax wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:57 pm
In the revised tutorial, I'm being attacked by a constant stream of biters from the west before I've researched turrets. The new pollution display shows 0 pollution being absorbed by spawners.

They are not coming from the initial starter base, but from further west, well outside my pollution cloud. Some new scripted spawn mechanic? Anyway, my iron ore miners are under constant attack, which makes it somewhat difficult to do anything else in the factory. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it is already filed as a bug and fixed for the next version.
I know it's late in the week for the devs, but instead of pushing a full release, maybe we can get just the fixed scenario so that those wishing to test replay the scenario (as requested by the FFF) over the weekend aren't meeting the same unfortunate demise.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

The other mention of it was merely stating that they corrected the spelling of quickbar.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

malventano wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:35 pm
we can get just the fixed scenario so that those wishing to test replay the scenario (as requested by the FFF) over the weekend aren't meeting the same unfortunate demise.
FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:20 pm
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that research queue setting in the New Map GUI wouldn't remember its value. (67370)
  • Fixed a crash when hand replacing an assembler ghost with fluid mixing. (67732)
  • Fixed migration of fluid-using modded mining drill.
  • Fixed ten_minutes modifier bug in NPE.
  • Fixed broken resetting of scenario context.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.
It was already fixed and released when you made your post :)
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Now that the migration for pollution-based evolution is fixed, does that apply to existing saves that were already played on the buggy version as well? And does it mean that the evolution factor went back down to what it should have been, or just that it will only increase at the normal speed going forward?

Acacel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Acacel »

From some "testing" it seem they normalized the evolution to the falue it should have but all that was added dueto the bug stays.
A new challenge :)

HadesSupreme
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HadesSupreme »

Here I was taking my ability to reach 26% evolution in under an hour, with 80% of that coming from pollution, as evidence of how good I was at quickly building a base nowadays. Had some truly huge hordes of small biters with large ones mixed in that killed me before I had walls researched (Deathworld Marathon).

Return to β€œReleases”