[0.17.2] Scenario script can trigger save while in replay

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[0.17.2] Scenario script can trigger save while in replay

Post by boskid »

What i did:
1/ Play introduction mission to win screen
2/ Save replay
3/ open replay and run it till end (i am using 64x speed)
3.5/ (how i found this: Since i unpacked one of autosaves to directory, factorio while in replay was trying to autosave but there was notice i was not expecting "cannot save map: there are multiple packages for package _autosave-survive in directory....")
4/ all autosaves: "_autosave-fortify", "..-leave" , "..-prepare-evacuation", "..-rebuild", "..-repair-assembler" and "..-scan-wreck" are overwritten by replay.

What i expected:
- while in replay, factorio should quietly discard save requests from scenario script (for me, replay is "read operation" and should not modify anything)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.2] Scenario script can trigger save while in replay

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next version of 0.17.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

murgo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by murgo »

Damn it boskid, because of this bug we lost the ability to make timelapses of replays since take_screenshot no longer writes files in replays. Too bad, was looking forward to it.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

murgo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:59 am
Damn it boskid, because of this bug we lost the ability to make timelapses of replays since take_screenshot no longer writes files in replays. Too bad, was looking forward to it.
My report did not mention screenshots, only save files - however it was fixed that way as extension of general rule of "read operation"

Your use case if valid, most likely qualifies for "ideas and suggestions". I guess it could be implemented by adding checkbox "allow screenshot during replay" into settings (even hidden, ctrl+shift settings) or as write-only lua property that could be set by changed control.lua. Changing control.lua of replay file is most likely error-prone as any change in game state would cause desync. I guess because of this, timelapse is quite fragile.

-- edit:
I have created topic in "ideas and suggestions": 75272

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”