Version 0.13.10

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.13.10

Post by FactorioBot »

• Minor Features
    • Added logistics auto-trash slots: the opposite of logistic request slots.
    • Added --mod-directory: Specifies which mod directory to use
  • Changes
    • Increased the size of the curved rail bounding boxes slightly so trains won't damage things built next to them.
    • Server stdout messages now contain timestamps and message-type tags
    • Biters and other units won't become aggressive as a result of friendly-fire.
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed golem achievement incorrectly showing as not-obtained when loading pre 0.13.9 saves in 0.13.9. (29121)
    • Fixed crash related to wire rendering after switching to copper wire while dragging wire. (29216)
    • Map generator tweaks (predictable starting area resources, water only in starting area works now, fixed a few bugs in biome generation).
    • Fixed chat message rainbow when the game tick would go past 2147483648. (29307)
    • Fixed password field not being focused when connecting to a game. (29175)
    • Fixed rocket silo moving slow when using efficiency modules.(29108)
    • Fixed pressing Escape in multiplayer connect password dialog closed all gui windows. (29176)
    • Fixed gates sometimes not opening soon enough. (28593)
    • Fixed side menu buttons being focusable. (27575)
    • Fixed numbers display rounding up when it shouldn't. (29184)
    • Fixed constant combinator GUI slider sometimes showing different value than the number of items. (28637)
    • Fixed assembling machine GUI progress bars not sizing correctly. (28980)
    • Fixed tight-spot scenario missing walls around trees. (26922)
    • Narrower descriptions with more line breaking opportunities (mod list, roboport). (29348)
    • Fixed that cunning cancellation of crafting orders could result in free items. (27459) As a result of this fix, your entire crafting queue will be lost when loading a save from 0.13.9 or earlier. We suggest that you finish or cancel all your crafting before upgrading.
    • Fixed crash related to custom units. (29202)
    • Fixed mod enabling/disabling sometimes didn't restart the game. (28738)
    • Fixed several issues with buildability checks returning false but entities actually being buildable. (28883)
    • Fix that aggroing a huge amount of biters would cause UPS drop for a long time. (29513)
    • Fixed freeze when dragging sound sliders in some instances. (29441)
    • Fixed bullet shooting speed not working properly. (28707)
  • Optimizations
    • Improved performance when building large electric poles in the latency state by click-and-drag. (29104)
    • The game's main loop has been rewritten. This should increase performance in some cases and fixes some freezes and stability issues. For example game freezing when changing system time.
  • Modding
    • Starting area is now 1.5x the size in tiles (also affects tier_from_start).
    • Fixed manually defining the localised_name of an item didn't work correctly. (29148)
  • Scripting
    • Added LuaEntity::copy_settings() - copies settings from one entity to another as if the player did it.
    • Changed LuaSurface::find_entities/count_entities/filtered to search the entire surface if the area isn't defined.
    • Fixed crash when trying to set compound command with missing list of commands. (29164)
    • Fixed technology effects are now applied before the research_completed event is fired. (29451)
    • Added LuaGameScript::direction_to_string(...) - converts a defines.direction to the string name.
    • Added LuaPlayer::clean_cursor() - acts as if the player pressed the "clean cursor" key.
    • Added LuaEntity::mining_target read.
    • Added properties to LuaSurface::create_entity to make the creation act as fast-replace building.
    • LuaGameScript::take_screenshot now has an additional field "by_player" that when set will cause the screenshot to only be taken on that players local game.
    • Added LuaEntity::circuit_connected_entities - the entities directly connected to an entity by the circuit network.
    • Added LuaEntity::circuit_connection_definitions - the connection definitions for all wires connected to an entity.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

ytsejam
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.10

Post by ytsejam »

Map generator tweaks (predictable starting area resources, water only in starting area works now, fixed a few bugs in biome generation).
Yes! Can't wait to test this :mrgreen:

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Added --mod-directory: Specifies which mod directory to use
YESSSSS! I can remove the drudgery and error prone process of switching from development directory to actual mod directory I am using.

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Ooooh, just noticed it states the name of the mod currently being loaded on the loading screen now :D
Was that change from a previous version that I just now noticed, or an untracked new minor change? Either way, I liiike~

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

FactorioBot wrote: [*]Biters and other units won't become aggressive as a result of friendly-fire.
Awww, but it was fun!

seriously though, my enemies mod was a huge culprit for doing this, the subject came up quite often.
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Changed LuaSurface::find_entities/count_entities/filtered to search the entire surface if the area isn't defined.
This one was one of my suggestions!

FactorioBot wrote: [*]Added LuaEntity::circuit_connected_entities - the entities directly connected to an entity by the circuit network.
Another useful one.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Bearnaise
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bearnaise »

Love all the changes. However, I'm getting periodic and heavy UPS slowdowns. I haven't tested reproducibility yet.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

FactorioBot wrote:
    • Changed LuaSurface::find_entities/count_entities/filtered to search the entire surface if the area isn't defined.
Any mod that runs find_entities on a single tile is broken and causes huge slowdowns.

Pyrii
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pyrii »

bobingabout wrote:
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Biters and other units won't become aggressive as a result of friendly-fire.
Awww, but it was fun!

seriously though, my enemies mod was a huge culprit for doing this, the subject came up quite often.
Me and a friend have just been doing a couple of achievement runs and we were scratching our heads at what the hell the enemies were doing. "Are they eating eachother? Ewww."

cpw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by cpw »

Sadly, unplayable here because of viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29614 - seems to be a linux specific(?) CTD on any form of hand crafting. *sigh*

markw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by markw »

After getting a crash in my 0.13.9 game (and posting the bug), I tried a brand new game with this version. As soon as I tried to craft a pick axe, boom, game closed.
factorio-current.log
Crash log
(3.34 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
_autosave1.zip
auto save of beginning of game
(2.78 MiB) Downloaded 227 times
Forgot to mention, I was running this game from Steam client on Linux

There

OvermindDL1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Instead of a `--mod-directory` switch, have you thought about replacing the mods directory with a set of subfolders? Say, any mod in `./mods/` is loaded always, any mods in `./mods/someOtherDir` gets loaded by selecting the `someOtherDir` mod 'pack' in-game, where it then re-loads using that mod subdirectory as a 'pack' of a sort (perhaps even support a `modpack.json` file or so for a modpack description file, could then load such a directory up as a zip even?).

Nsomnia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nsomnia »

I'm loving how richness affects variation now however I'm having the HARDEST time getting a desert, kindve missing the segmentation setting now haha. But its a step in the right direction resource distribution wise I'd say near perfect. I dont mind grass, I mind trees. Nice work guys! The crop circles are a litte odd though. Although I think ill revert to .9 for now I simply cannot roll a map to my likings, but I'll play with the mapgen settings some more they are verrrry different now.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

All lights green for this build!
It feels snappier then the last version and is running overall smoothly

Pe334
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pe334 »

Hi,

how does --mod-directory work?
I have a steam-version of factorio.

THX :)

torham
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by torham »

I am out of the country atm, so mobile internet for me now. After I saw there was some map gen changes I couldn't resist, so I paid £2 for the update data. Loving it so far. Thumbs up! :D

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Kryzeth wrote:Ooooh, just noticed it states the name of the mod currently being loaded on the loading screen now :D
Was that change from a previous version that I just now noticed, or an untracked new minor change? Either way, I liiike~
Yes it's not mentioned in the changelog. Was surprised too.
The downside is, the mod names are shown twice or three times because of data, data-updates and data-final-fixes i guess.
This could lead to distortion for average users.
Maybe the state can be shown before mod name: "Loading mods: [data] base" ...

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

supagu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by supagu »

0.13.10 is crashing on linux

both the client and server headless are crashing moments after loading into the game

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

supagu wrote:0.13.10 is crashing on linux

both the client and server headless are crashing moments after loading into the game
This will be fixed in 0.13.11: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29614
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

illmaren
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by illmaren »

daniel34 wrote: This will be fixed in 0.13.11: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29614
When should this fix be released? cause its quite the major bug ;$

dratone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dratone »

markw wrote:After getting a crash in my 0.13.9 game (and posting the bug), I tried a brand new game with this version. As soon as I tried to craft a pick axe, boom, game closed.
factorio-current.log
_autosave1.zip
Forgot to mention, I was running this game from Steam client on Linux

There
I'm having the same problem. Version 0.13.10 (haven't tried 0.13.9) on steam and ubuntu. Game closes the moment I craft a pick axe.

Edit: Only just saw that its going to be fixxed in 0.13.11 :-) Can't wait. Thanks for the good work guys!

Return to “Releases”