Version 0.17.17

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.17

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Fast replacing power poles will keep existing connections but also try to connect to further away power poles if possible. (67967)
  • 0-255 numbers are now allowed in [color] tags. The game will detect if you want to use floats or 0-255, just like the /color command. (67726)
Bugfixes
  • Solved transport line compression related to splitters for various corner cases. (67815)
  • Fixed texture-compression config values that were valid in 0.17.15 but are not valid since 0.17.16 would cause error on startup. (68133)
  • Fixed that reverse/forward speed limits of the train movements were mixed up. (68047)
  • Fixed that reverse locomotive power was the same as forward.
  • Fixed item transfers tutorial giving combinators instead of wood. (68046)
  • Fixed tutorials showing migrations dialog.
  • Fixed slow inserters on transport belt madness level 3. (68149)
  • Fixed massive biter clumps in Wave defense. (66136)
  • Fixed a crash when importing save files into saves with different technology levels researched.
  • Fixed that swapping Command and Option keys on macOS caused neither one to work in Factorio. (65671)
  • Fixed that the technology GUI would list all technology levels if the technology was fully researched. (68037)
  • Fixed a crash when using /swap-players. (66381)
  • Fixed a crash when rotating some modded underground pipes. (67710)
  • Fixed poor performance when large chat messages are rendered. (68040)
  • Fixed a crash when a train traveling to a temporary stop has its schedule copy-pasted. (68130)
  • Fixed a crash when using "Join server after sync" for server hosted over Steam Networking. (67963)
  • Fixed hand missing from quickbar when selecting shortcuts to the blueprint library. (68141)
Scripting
  • Added LuaControl::open_technology_gui(technology) which will open the technology GUI and select the given technology.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

bman212121
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.17

Post by bman212121 »

Does the pole issue also fix / make blueprints better or worse now?

I'm not on the newest releases of this, but I've noticed that I can blueprint power poles that I explicitly disconnected the wires from. When you make the blueprint the wires will be displayed in the blueprint itself. However when you place the blueprint on the map it tries to connect things that shouldn't be connected.

Case in point, put down a row of poles to connect some inserters to the circuit network. I use a copper cable to disconnect the poles from each other, and then use red wire to connect the poles to each other and the inserters. When you blueprint it, everything shows up just fine. When you place it back on the map however, the poles automatically get copper wires connecting them again even though I explicitly removed those connections.

EDIT: Nope still broken. Guess I'll put in a bug report to see if it can be fixed. The ghosts even display correctly, but when the bots build it you end up with the additional connections. You also end up with additional connections when you go to hand place, although in that case the preview does add that it's going to do so.
Last edited by bman212121 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boggis2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by boggis2 »

i love the new train ui but the player transports trains schedule can get quite crowded when we have to keep the wait condition there, would have been nice to have a feature to hide them.

ColonelSandersLite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ColonelSandersLite »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:49 pm
Changes

Fun fact - IRL, this is actually true! This applies to both electric and steam driven engines.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

ColonelSandersLite wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 pm
Changes

Fun fact - IRL, this is actually true! This applies to both electric and steam driven engines.
Yep I think that one could have been left.. unfixed :D

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

orzelek wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:15 pm
ColonelSandersLite wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:58 pm
Changes

Yep I think that one could have been left.. unfixed :D
Oh yeah truly could! So many times it was suggested, they stealth implement it and then publicly remove lol :)

Tigre Demon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tigre Demon »

Oh, so it wasn't an impression, my trains were a bit slower

psa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by psa »

Another vote for "train reverse speed == forward speed" was not broken. Please return that behavior.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

bman212121 wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:59 pm
Does the pole issue also fix / make blueprints better or worse now?

I'm not on the newest releases of this, but I've noticed that I can blueprint power poles that I explicitly disconnected the wires from. When you make the blueprint the wires will be displayed in the blueprint itself. However when you place the blueprint on the map it tries to connect things that shouldn't be connected.

Case in point, put down a row of poles to connect some inserters to the circuit network. I use a copper cable to disconnect the poles from each other, and then use red wire to connect the poles to each other and the inserters. When you blueprint it, everything shows up just fine. When you place it back on the map however, the poles automatically get copper wires connecting them again even though I explicitly removed those connections.

EDIT: Nope still broken. Guess I'll put in a bug report to see if it can be fixed. The ghosts even display correctly, but when the bots build it you end up with the additional connections. You also end up with additional connections when you go to hand place, although in that case the preview does add that it's going to do so.
I seem to remember a while ago maybe v0.15 that this got a "won't fix" response.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

DRY411S wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:04 am
I seem to remember a while ago maybe v0.15 that this got a "won't fix" response.
A lot of us still want it fixed though. And things change in the game so the context of their response changes. Maybe they are open to fixing it now?

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

I'm looking forward to testing the new splitters this evening. Thanks!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

It might not be a fix (as in bug fix) but a change request.
I would indeed be a nice feature to be able to drag a power pole ghost, and get the same result, once the building is complete, as when an actual power pole is dragged (whatever the mechanism behind).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ejg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ejg »

I think rebuilding the wires correctly is especially needed when you have a blueprint with separate power grids linked via a power switch, e.g. disabling oven/beacon arrays when no train is present in the station. At the moment you have to first disconnect all the wires after the bots built your blueprint (in which the wires show correctly) and them reconnect them again...

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

If I'm not mistaken, the issue is how to keep the wire connection information in the blueprint without bloating the string size ?
(Only save the "manually added/removed" wire connections?)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

ejg
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ejg »

Each copper wire could be treated like circuit wires. But maybe make it a checkbox like with tiles. Include wire connections, just like include tiles in blueprint. (and string size of blueprints sounds a bit silly as design limitations imo)...

Llama
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Llama »

With regards to copper wires merging with blueprints, depending on what you're building you may be able to get away with a blueprint that uses medium power poles on one side and substations on the other side, the power area covers all the buildings but they are too far apart to connect automatically and have them meet at a power switch or something.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Qon wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:12 am
DRY411S wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:04 am
A lot of us still want it fixed though. And things change in the game so the context of their response changes. Maybe they are open to fixing it now?
Add me to "a lot of us" I wasn't defending the Devs response.

Seems to be that there is some code in the blueprint handling that looks at wire lengths and presence. Coloured wire lengths that were allowed in 0.16 are now lost when migrated into 0.17.

LastDawn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LastDawn »

I really hope they'll fix these blueprint issues. It's totally annoying if you're reading somewhere about an awesome logic network, download the blueprint and it doesn't work because there's one tiny mistake that keeps it from working properly. Can't be that hard only to rebuild the copper cable connections included in the blueprint - I'm totally fine with manually connecting the outside power supply with the new blueprint structures. Anyone already created a new bug report?
Last edited by LastDawn on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

IIRC there was a bug where circuit wires didn't check for all the cases of wire length restrictions - which was recently fixed ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

_Attila_
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by _Attila_ »

Manually created wires should enforce the wire length restriction, but wires from blueprints should not.

This would preserve backward compatibility of blueprints, but it would also ensure that new blueprints could only be created with the wire length restriction enforced.
Attila's QuickBar Mod - Auto-links hand crafted item to first free quickbar slot if not already linked.
Attila's Signals Mod - Alternate signals to use in same circuit as standard signals.
Attila's Zoom Mod - Modifies zoom functionality.

Return to β€œReleases”