Version 0.17.16

Information about releases and roadmap.
Post Reply
User avatar
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Version 0.17.16

Post by FactorioBot » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:50 pm

Changes
  • Disabled vanilla pollution attacks in the NPE until after the final wave.
  • Changing teams in PvP will try to preserve the current character. (68018)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed alerts showing for trees and rocks in the NPE (65370)
  • Fixed solid fuel not triggering "fuel furnace" quest item (67941)
  • Potentially fixed scrap metal crash bug again (67821)
  • Fixed that a fluid furnace revived from a ghost would not work. (67372)
  • Fixed that launching tutorials could leave the running game in a broken state. (68046)
  • Fixed that clearing the ghost cursor did not clear the hand in the quickbar. (68062)
  • Fixed Compilatron blocking placement of burner inserter in NPE (68063)
  • Fixing a bug from last version that allowed fluid mixing by setting a recipe in assembler. (68074)
  • Different alert when unable to revive ghost due to fluid mixing by hand vs. by robot. (68074)
  • Fixed spitters would not properly target construction robots that are blocked from fulfilling their task. (67886)
  • Fixed a crash when joining Steam game invites while a multiplayer connection is in progress.
  • Fixed that the "research finished" indicator would display the wrong technology level. (67864)
  • Fixed a crash when removing the end rail of a temporary train order. (67926)
  • Fixed that cargo wagon filters wouldn't get preserved in blueprint strings. (67641)
Scripting
  • Fixed that printing the output of LuaProfiler anywhere except log(...) would cause a desync. Note: this means if the results are shown in things like player.print() they won't persist through save/load (but won't cause desyncs).
  • Fixed Electric Pole smart coverage placement not building over other pole ghosts. (68083)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

User avatar
SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 676
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:54 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by SuperSandro2000 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Do I even read the changelog? [Moderated by Koub]

When to we get the UI improvements? The new UI is still very clunky and we only got bug fixes so far.
Last edited by Koub on Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: No firsting on this forum please.

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by luc » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:57 pm

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 pm
Do I even read the changelog? No. Do I want to be first? Yes
I opened .15 and .16 and read them in-order. While reading the complete .15 changelog, I could have been first on .16. Now you're too fast for me. I should have checked this page first :P

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 4789
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by Koub » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:10 pm

luc wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:57 pm
SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 pm
Do I even read the changelog? No. Do I want to be first? Yes
I opened .15 and .16 and read them in-order. While reading the complete .15 changelog, I could have been first on .16. Now you're too fast for me. I should have checked this page first :P
And it would have been pointless. Good thing you didn't.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

BlackHat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:45 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by BlackHat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:27 am

Hmm Release and 16 updates in about 21 days?

You know your making all the other developers look bad..... :lol:

User avatar
Lubricus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by Lubricus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:13 am

BlackHat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:27 am
Hmm Release and 16 updates in about 21 days?

You know your making all the other developers look bad..... :lol:
or make such a mess they have to frenetically patch the game...
Seriously the experimental branch is more stable and polished than most AAA games on release day.

McPoldy28
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by McPoldy28 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:07 am

After updatingfrom 017.15 to 0.17.16 i becaeme an Error Message on Start, "Error Invalid value "false" Texture Compression", no chance to start the Game.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 4789
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by Koub » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:16 am

McPoldy28 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:07 am
After updatingfrom 017.15 to 0.17.16 i becaeme an Error Message on Start, "Error Invalid value "false" Texture Compression", no chance to start the Game.

Hi McPoldy, you should definitely post your issue in the Technical Help subforum, with your game logs, ...
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

User avatar
BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by BlueTemplar » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:20 am

BlackHat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:27 am
Hmm Release and 16 updates in about 21 days?

You know your making all the other developers look bad..... :lol:
It seems that what they're actually doing is 1 patch per work day ?

McPoldy28
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by McPoldy28 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 am

Koub wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:16 am
McPoldy28 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:07 am
After updatingfrom 017.15 to 0.17.16 i becaeme an Error Message on Start, "Error Invalid value "false" Texture Compression", no chance to start the Game.

Hi McPoldy, you should definitely post your issue in the Technical Help subforum, with your game logs, ...
Problem solved, is step manuelly back to 0.17.15 an updating manually to 0.17.16 Game runs normaly, now im goin to Version 0.17.xx latest an Game runs normaly. I think it was an Update failure on my Steam Account.

TheMax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:22 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by TheMax » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Any News when the new fluid system will be activated?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1998
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:02 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by Jap2.0 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:10 pm

BlackHat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:27 am
Hmm Release and 16 updates in about 21 days?

You know your making all the other developers look bad..... :lol:
17, give them some credit.

BlueTemplar wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:20 am
BlackHat wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:27 am
Hmm Release and 16 updates in about 21 days?

You know your making all the other developers look bad..... :lol:
It seems that what they're actually doing is 1 patch per work day ?
And two if they add stuff and it has problems. :P
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

MrXuiryus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by MrXuiryus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi team,

My latest save is now broken after updating, no mods installed and I haven't modified anything in the vanilla game:

Here's the error:

Code: Select all

Error while running event level::on_load()

...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:508: attempt to index field 'story' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:508: in function <...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:507>
https://pastebin.com/7VFEunwM Pastebin of my factorio-current after the issue

EDIT: This only seems to be saves on version 0.17.15, older saves prior to this version still work any save with this version including auto-saves presents the same error.

Mendel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by Mendel » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Any idea when the campaign will be complete?
I don't want to start it before it has all the missions.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 4789
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am
Contact:

Re: Version 0.17.16

Post by Koub » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:14 pm

MrXuiryus wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:50 pm
Hi team,

My latest save is now broken after updating, no mods installed and I haven't modified anything in the vanilla game:

Here's the error:

Code: Select all

Error while running event level::on_load()

...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:508: attempt to index field 'story' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:508: in function <...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:507>
https://pastebin.com/7VFEunwM Pastebin of my factorio-current after the issue

EDIT: This only seems to be saves on version 0.17.15, older saves prior to this version still work any save with this version including auto-saves presents the same error.
See viewtopic.php?f=226&t=68135
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Post Reply

Return to “Releases”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users