[Twinsen][0.17.15] Wrong power pole placement with dragging over partly build blueprints

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Twinsen][0.17.15] Wrong power pole placement with dragging over partly build blueprints

Post by irbork »

So the problem is that when you drag power poles over a blueprint, that has some electrical entities build and does include full coverage of ghosted power poles, the poles are being forced to be build on the ghosted entities (good), but at the same time they are forced over any unpowered entities (it's good as well but there is some problem in script's step order).

It's very hard to explain for someone, who do not speak English very good.
Let's try by example.
e - empty tile
s - small electric pole ghost
S - small electric pole
I - inserter (not ghost)
We try to fast place small electric poles from left to right over this layouts:

1)
e I I e e I I e e I I e e I I e e I I e
S I I e e I I S e I I e S I I e e I I S
Very nice

2)
s I I e e I I s e I I e s I I e e I I s
S I I e S I I S e I I S S I I e S I I S
Overkill

So now lets analyze 2 case to get to the point why I think it's a bug (script checks order problem).
We start by clicking on the first ghost and holding LMB and dragging it right. Each line represents a step where power pole was placed.

S I I e e I I s e I I e s I I e e I I s
S I I e e I I S e I I e s I I e e I I s - so far so good
S I I e S I I S e I I e s I I e e I I s - what? the second pair of inserters were covered in step before
S I I e S I I S e I I e S I I e e I I s - maybe it was one time thing
S I I e S I I S e I I S S I I e e I I s - no!!!
S I I e S I I S e I I S S I I e e I I S - is it the end?
S I I e S I I S e I I S S I I e S I I S - no if you drag a bit too far

If the inserters are not build yet (ghosts) then the power poles are placed only over ghosted entities.
If the inserters are powered from different source than build power poles than it works as intended.

If the inserters are unpowered or get power during dragging process, we get the bugged result discussed here.

I hope it is possible to fix and that the fix will not take long to figure out.
Thanks for patience, I do not know how to make it TLDR.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twinsen][0.17.15] Wrong power pole placement with dragging over partly build blueprints

Post by Twinsen »

Fixed in Version: 0.17.16.
Thanks.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Twinsen][0.17.15] Wrong power pole placement with dragging over partly build blueprints

Post by AntiElitz »

Oh my god, finally! Yippie! Thank you so much.

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

It is not working. It's even worse than it was before, as if you remembered to place poles first before any inserters and assemblers, you got proper blueprinted layout, what is not true now. Currently I see no difference over dragging the poles over empty terrain and a blueprint.

S I I e e I I S e I I e s I S e e I I s e S - just like there is no blueprint, even one ghost inserter got overwritten

The poles have to be forced to be placed as soon as you go over ghosted ones of the same type. After this dragging script has to sort of restart and next will be placed after wire reach of the last one unless another ghost will get over cursor first. No ghost entity of the other types should ever be replaced by power pole dragging. Dragging medium power poles over small power pole ghosts forces the placement but not the other way around.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”