Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.32

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Admins ignore multiplayer map upload slot limit
  • "Player is being dropped"/"Server not responding" messages will only show after 2 seconds, to avoid irrelevant short pop-ups.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that the server-settings.example.json had an additional comma at the end of the file. (69451)
  • Filled in a missing fluid mixing check for miner. (69381)
  • Fixed that create-blueprint-item shortcut prototypes could have no item_to_create set. (69500)
  • Fixed upload slot queue blocking players from joining even if not all slots were filled.
  • Fixed a desync from rotation of an assembler with fluid energy source. (69395)
  • Fixed a connection consistency problems of wire/circuit connections ghosts and undo. (69452)
  • Added a no-crop requirement to the wire sprite definitions to avoid mods removing it, which can confuse the drawing logic. (69325)
  • Fixed text boxes would not respect keyboard layout for shortcuts like copy or paste. (68380)
  • Fixed blocking of game shortcuts when a text box has focus did not take into account keyboard layout settings. (67021)
  • Fixed the game would not respect remapping of modifier keys (Ctrl, Shift, Alt) in operating system. (65093)
  • Fixed it wasn't possible to bind mouse buttons 6 to 9. (69588)
  • It is no more possible to teleport an entity into fluid mixing. (69316)
  • Fixed a crash when defining a programmable speaker with no instruments. (69632)
  • Sync-mods-with-save will no longer offer to load-save when attempting to sync while hosting a multiplayer game. (67756)
  • Fixed that negative health regeneration wouldn't work when the entity had full health. (69605)
  • Fixed a crash related to migrating game versions while having gates marked for deconstruction with ghost walls built over them. (69473)
Modding
  • For performance reasons inserter pickup/dropoff vectors are now limited to half a chunk or less.
Scripting
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::lab_inputs read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::researching_speed read.
  • Added LuaGameScript::pollution_statistics read.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.32

Post by leadraven »

The time has already come to release new fluid physics. Come on, make a final effort and do it already. You put it off for too long.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

leadraven wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:46 am
The time has already come to release new fluid physics. Come on, make a final effort and do it already. You put it off for too long.
Oh wait they're taking orders now?

I'd like a ham sandwich and a skim latte, please.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

5thHorseman wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:59 pm
leadraven wrote:

Right away sir!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

leadraven wrote:
If you can't wait for features to be implemented, maybe you should stop playing early access games. :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Sente
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sente »

Klonan wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:01 pm
5thHorseman wrote:
leadraven wrote:

Right away sir!
Dang. He must've already had root privilege. Didn't even need a sudo!

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

Sente wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm
Klonan wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:01 pm
5thHorseman wrote:
leadraven wrote:

Right away sir!
Dang. He must've already had root privilege. Didn't even need a sudo!
:lol:

ReverseRoll
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ReverseRoll »

Thankyou guys/girls for your continued efforts. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Alfie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alfie »

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

When can we expect to see revamped blueprint storage (the “tree”/books in books we saw on FFF)? :D

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

leadraven wrote:
How about we let them work on getting us a stable version of 0.17 first, THEN we can talk about features being added to 0.17 or maybe until 0.18. Patience is a virtue. ;)

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

Bah new fluid system, I just wish the fluid rounding would stop eating .1 point of my fluids every few cycles in angels/bob haha. Keep up the good work.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Fixed the game would not respect remapping of modifier keys (Ctrl, Shift, Alt) in operating system
It's not fixed. Control-C shoots, Control-X toggles the toolbar, 0.17.32 does not respect remapping of modifier keys.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

quyxkh wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:51 pm
Fixed the game would not respect remapping of modifier keys (Ctrl, Shift, Alt) in operating system
It's not fixed. Control-C shoots, Control-X toggles the toolbar, 0.17.32 does not respect remapping of modifier keys.
Are you pressing the physical CTRL key, or the one that you remapped to CTRL in the OS?

If you're pressing the physical CTRL key, then this is as expected. You're pressing a key that is no longer CTRL, so Factorio ignores that and acts as if you were only pressing C or X. If you're pressing the remapped CTRL key, then what physical key did you remap to CTRL, and what OS are you using?

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

leadraven wrote:
I'm actually pretty surprised it's not already done. With all the fuss about nuclear eating your UPS, I'm running ~20GW nuclear with only 0.25ms on fluid manager update per frame (inclusive of all the plastic/light oil etc), with UPS hovering around 50-55 for a 2k spm base, dipping to 45 when there's a biter barbecue going on.

MageKing17
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MageKing17 »

Ultros wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:58 pm
leadraven wrote:
I'm actually pretty surprised it's not already done. With all the fuss about nuclear eating your UPS, I'm running ~20GW nuclear with only 0.25ms on fluid manager update per frame (inclusive of all the plastic/light oil etc), with UPS hovering around 50-55 for a 2k spm base, dipping to 45 when there's a biter barbecue going on.
They did some optimization of the existing system, but the new system would still be better.

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

MageKing17 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:29 pm
Ultros wrote:
leadraven wrote:
They did some optimization of the existing system, but the new system would still be better.
I guess that kind of reinforces my previous point, if even megabases running 20GW of nuclear aren't seeing a significant hit to UPS from fluid dynamics, is there even that urgent of a need to release it? I'd certainly wait until the fluid dynamics rewrite is bug-free since the existing implementation is already pretty damn efficient.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Ultros wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:02 am
MageKing17 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:29 pm
Ultros wrote:
leadraven wrote:
I guess that kind of reinforces my previous point, if even megabases running 20GW of nuclear aren't seeing a significant hit to UPS from fluid dynamics, is there even that urgent of a need to release it? I'd certainly wait until the fluid dynamics rewrite is bug-free since the existing implementation is already pretty damn efficient.
I think one of the biggest benefits of the new system they’re working on is that they’ve fixed disproportionate flow of the fluids around junctions.

While that’s certainly something that’s gonna be great for the game and I can understand eagerness, some patience should be exercised. :D
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

I think the 0.17 fluid system has close to the theoretical max performance. The new system will make things more accurate at the cost of some speed.

The hypothetical merging of pipes might beat 0.17 performance, but that is not part of the new system as far as I know.

boran_blok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by boran_blok »

My main pet peeve with the fluid system currently is that fluids cannot be easily split. This is a modded example, but in my current seablock game I have plastic and resin, both which require 100 units of methanol gas, one liquifier supplies 100 units, in an ideal world both would get 50/50, but in reality the first one built gets 100, and the other 0 until the first is completely backed up.

leadraven
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by leadraven »

boran_blok wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:20 am
My main pet peeve with the fluid system currently is that fluids cannot be easily split. This is a modded example, but in my current seablock game I have plastic and resin, both which require 100 units of methanol gas, one liquifier supplies 100 units, in an ideal world both would get 50/50, but in reality the first one built gets 100, and the other 0 until the first is completely backed up.
You can control fluid distribution with pumps+circuits OR by placing plants alternately along the pipe.

My main issue is that fluid behavior depends heavily on orientation.

Return to “Releases”