Version 0.18.37

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.37

Post by FactorioBot »

Major Features Features
  • Added blueprint building from the map view.
  • Blueprints can have snapping dimensions specified. When they are built by dragging, they are only built in the grid relative to where the build started.
  • Blueprints can have absolute map snapping specified, so the blueprints are always aligned to the global grid.
  • Blueprint books can be inserted into blueprint books, cycling through the books works in a hierarchical way.
  • Upgrade planners and deconstruction planners can be inserted into blueprint books and the blueprint library.
  • Blueprint books, upgrade planners and deconstruction planners can now have custom icons specified.
  • All blueprints tools have an editable description.
  • Added Blueprint reassign tool. It allows to set new contents of a blueprint by world selection.
  • All blueprint tools have a copy function.
  • All the blueprint tools are usable directly from the blueprint library.
  • Quickbar links to blueprint tools are persistent when moving them between library shelves and inventories.
  • Most of the blueprint tools manipulation in the blueprint library is part of a multiplayer latency hiding.
  • Icons on the blueprint tools and filters in the upgrade planners/deconstruction planners are preserving the original values so whenever the mods would be re-added, the original values can be restored, unless the player clears the related icons manually.
  • Any blueprint contents that are not available due to mod removal are also kept in the blueprint persistently, so blueprints can be copied and transferred in multiplayer without losing its original data.
  • Added downgrading feature to upgrade planner. It works on blueprints, books and also when applying in the world.
  • Clicking an upgrade planner button in the blueprint or a book now provides a list of all available upgrade planners to be applied.
  • Upgrade planners now also update the relevant icons of blueprints and books.
Minor Features
  • Grabbing an item from a blueprint book has the same hand item functionality as when holding an item from inventory, so it goes back to the original position when clean cursor is triggered.
Gui
  • All the blueprint tools now show all possible actions it can perform in the tooltip.
  • Control settings search now also searches by the currently assigned key-binding.
Optimizations
  • Decreased the header size of blueprint-storage and of individual blueprints with backed up modded entities, as only the id mapping relevant to the blueprints (and whole storage) is now saved.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that exporting blueprint didn't include the unconfirmed blueprint changes into the exported string.
  • Fixed blueprint preview icons rendering scale when blueprint was held in cursor.
  • Fixed that blueprint was not detecting modded data to be lost when loading unless one of the top level entities or tiles were to be lost. This means, that a blueprint with vanilla constant combinator (for example) with a modded signal will no longer silently lose the modded signals on resaving the blueprint storage when the mod is not currently active.
  • Fixed that biters when faced with a rock might get stuck in an infinite pathfinding loop. (86552)
  • Fixed that clicking a technology in the research queue, holding the mouse down and moving it over the cancel button would make the cancel button flicker. (82014)
  • Fixed slider tooltip would show old value. (86632)
  • Fixed terrain particles would be spawned when walking over belts. (84874)
  • Fixed player movement on belts in latency state was not exactly matched with the real game state logic. (84554)
  • Fixed that the set-request GUI didn't respect the show-all-items setting. (86956)
  • Fixed that burner assembling machines could cause inserters to get stuck holding extra fuel in some cases. (87031)
  • Fixed noise.terrace function did not assert that constant parameters are constant.
  • Fixed that item durability tooltips used the wrong locale key in some places. (87000)
  • Fixed that upgrading inserters in blueprints wouldn't preserve modded pickup/drop locations. (86982)
  • Fixed that exporting empty blueprint books didn't work correctly. (86945)
  • Fixed that the mods GUI didn't have any mod selection by default. (85232)
  • Fixed that positions of entities in blueprint string were not properly fixed to be aligned to grid according to our rules and centered.
  • Fixed a crash when mods destroy the character entity during the on_gui_closed event. (87058)
  • Fixed a crash when canceling loading some modded saves. (87086)
  • Fixed that artillery turrets didn't fully use the shooting speed research. (87140)
  • Reduced flicker of mining drill indicator lights when zoomed out. (86777)
  • Fixed lua documentation for LuaGuiElement::index read. (87195)
  • Fixed that biters would try to attack over large distances individually instead of in groups. (86920)
  • Map tag edit GUI can now be confirmed with Enter key even when the textbox is not focused. (86386)
  • Fixed a pathfinder crash related to entities and tiles using collision layers 11 to 15. (82098)
  • Fixed the changelog GUI indentation.
Modding
  • Implemented compileIntoCurrentProcedure for the "if-else-chain" noise expression type. This allows non-constant values to be used as conditions.
  • Added "modulo", "ceil" and "floor" noise expression types.
  • Added "bitwise-and", "bitwise-or", "bitwise-xor" and "bitwise-not" noise expression types.
  • Added "sin", "atan2" and "cos" noise expression types.
  • Added "less-than", "less-or-equal" and "equals" noise expression types.
  • Changed turret base_picture animation to actually play the animation.
  • Added several properties to ExplosionPrototype to control light fading through applying a multiplier to the light's size and intensity. "light_intensity_factor_initial" (default 0), "light_intensity_factor_final" (default 0), "light_intensity_peak_start_progress" (default 0), "light_intensity_peak_end_progress" (default 0.9), "light_size_factor_initial" (default 0.05), "light_size_factor_final" (default 0.1), "light_size_peak_start_progress" (default 0.1), "light_size_peak_end_progress" (default 0.5)
Scripting
  • Added permission events: on_permission_group_edited, on_pre_permission_string_imported, on_permission_string_imported, on_per_permission_group_deleted, on_permission_group_deleted, and on_permission_group_added.
  • Simplified the rules of entity positions aligned to grid in the blueprint. Now they have the same rules as entities in the world.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.37

Post by billbo99 »

Think we might have a bug .. Pressing 'Q' to get a ghost item in hand, then pressing 'Q' again will not clear the hand. The ghost item will still stay in hand.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Been looking forward to this for a while. Awesome.

From my initial impressions, I'd just say list view could be made so much better (at least to me) by shrinking the icons on it a lot.
List view's primary source of info is, well, the names. But those are spread rather far apart. If the icons were eve 1/4th their current size, it would be much easier (faster) to scroll through a list of names. (It would give a much greater display density.)
It's kinda like using Excel, but making each row 3 or 4 times the height of the text in the cell.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

MarvinCZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MarvinCZ »

No nuke today?

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

MarvinCZ wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:00 pm
No nuke today?
That will be in the 1.0 release

MarvinCZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MarvinCZ »

Twinsen wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:01 pm
MarvinCZ wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:00 pm
No nuke today?
That will be in the 1.0 release
I see, thanks for clarification.

EnerJi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EnerJi »

Excited for these changes!
FactorioBot wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Features
  • Most of the blueprint tools manipulation in the blueprint library is part of a multiplayer latency hiding.
What does this mean?

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

Based on the scope of this patch, is this the last one prior to transitioning to version 1.0, unless there is a client crashing bug?

Hiladdar

Pat4yczek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pat4yczek »

billbo99 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:48 pm
Think we might have a bug .. Pressing 'Q' to get a ghost item in hand, then pressing 'Q' again will not clear the hand. The ghost item will still stay in hand.
I havt the same problen, you need to change to item in backpack

Pat4yczek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pat4yczek »

The button 'select new content for the blueprint' should be changed,
now when you drag new blueprint, it change automaticly
this should be when you hit 'save blueprint.
I already delete my few stuff ;(

EnerJi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EnerJi »

Hiladdar wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:11 pm
Based on the scope of this patch, is this the last one prior to transitioning to version 1.0, unless there is a client crashing bug?

Hiladdar
My guess is there'll be at least one stability / bug fixing patch prior to 1.0.

Shadow_Man
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shadow_Man »

How can I see other player blueprints in MP game now?

Oscar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oscar »

very nice! I have been looking forward to this one for a very long time!

one remark: copy icon for blue prints is using the letter "C", wouldn't it be much better visually to just use the "usual" copy icon, like two sheets of paper one in front and one in the back?

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

EnerJi wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:10 pm
Excited for these changes!
FactorioBot wrote:

Features
What does this mean?
It means that the blueprint UI will appear more responsive, as it can show you feedback for your action before the server responds to confirm it has applied to the "real" central game state remotely.
Shadow_Man wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:26 pm
How can I see other player blueprints in MP game now?
By asking them to share them in the Game Blueprints. Personal blueprints being shared by default was a privacy issue.

Illiou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Illiou »

Oscar wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:56 pm
one remark: copy icon for blue prints is using the letter "C", wouldn't it be much better visually to just use the "usual" copy icon, like two sheets of paper one in front and one in the back?
That was also my thought, it would fit better with the other icons and would make it language independent.

kronss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kronss »

heyo, i usually use "shit-right-click" to clear blueprint quickly, does not seem to work in this patch.
sorry if this is the wrong place to post or if i have missed something.

i love the new blueprint-book recursion.
great game 10/10

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

EnerJi wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:10 pm
FactorioBot wrote:

Features
What does this mean?
It means things happen instantly multiplayer games, instead of the normal lag.

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

Looking at why one mod I use is failing, it's looking like the `collision_mask` field of the 'tile-unknown' global game tile prototype is nil. That's kind of weird. It wasn't the case before this update, and I haven't changed which mods I have installed.
Last edited by Omnifarious on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

who releases new "major features" just 16 days before the supposed "stable 1.0" release? huh? who does that?

Goose
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Goose »

Blueprint rework is stellar :)
On the artillery shooting speed fix, was there worry that artillery lag would be higher than it was?

Return to “Releases”