Version 0.18.25

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.25

Post by FactorioBot »

Features Changes
  • Added a search bar to the mod settings GUI.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a crash when building entity ghosts that immediately get invalidated through script.
  • Fixed that the choose-elem-button elem_type "signal" didn't show special signals. (84877)
  • Fixed that furnaces required module slots to be effected by beacons. (84337)
  • Fixed that some select-a-thing GUIs didn't have search bars. (84907)
  • Fixed that LuaEntity::revive({raise_revive=false}) would still raise the revive event.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to iterate game.forces with the maximum number of forces created. (85053)
  • Fixed a desync related to fast-replacing modded beacons. (85037)
  • Fixed performance issue with initializing huge Lua arrays, that could cause loading of some modded saves take forever. (84794)
Modding
  • Added item prototype flag "draw-logistic-overlay".
  • Added support to play a sound when a robot deconstructs something through utility-constants "deconstruct_robot".
Scripting
  • Added on_force_reset event called when LuaForce::reset() is run.
  • Added remove_colliding_entities and remove_colliding_decoratives parameters to LuaSurface::set_tiles().
  • Added LuaSurface::get_script_area, edit_script_area, add_script_area, remove_script_area, get_script_position, edit_script_position, add_script_position, remove_script_position.
  • Added 'elem_filters' onto choose-elem-button LuaGuiElements to control what options appear in the picker GUI.
  • Added 'crafting-category' filter to EntityPrototypeFilters.
  • Added 'has-ingredient-fluid', 'has-ingredient-item', 'has-product-fluid', 'has-product-item' filters to RecipePrototypeFilters which can accept a nested set of FluidPrototypeFilters or ItemPrototypeFilters.
  • Added 'place-result', 'burnt-result', 'place-as-tile', 'placed-as-equipment-result' filters to EntityPrototypeFilters which can each accept a nested set filters.
  • Added 'name' filter to EntityPrototypeFilters, FluidPrototypeFilters, and ItemPrototypeFilters which accepts either a single name or a list of names to accept, similar to LuaSurface::find_entities_filtered.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.25

Post by Amarula »

On upgrade, I got the notification that research for radar had been removed. Not a problem, just curious what that was about, as I didn't see it in the list of changes.
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Amarula wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:59 pm
On upgrade, I got the notification that research for radar had been removed. Not a problem, just curious what that was about, as I didn't see it in the list of changes.
It was just some technology used in the now removed NPE.
I did a bit of clean up of these things as I was working on the new campaign maps

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

FactorioBot wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:40 am
Changes
  • Added a search bar to the mod settings GUI.
It would be very useful/more user friendly if you weren't limited to searching for the individual setting name alone, and could also search for the mod name as well.

Mod names tend to come to mind very easily, but the specific setting name I'm looking for... not so much.

Of course I'm the type that also wants to search through keybindings by the "bound" key itself... "What bindings are currently bound to 'g'? Better start scrolling..."

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

When I first loaded .25, I did notice radar message as mitigated content, after that I did briefly lost radar coverage for a few ticks. I wrote this off as nothing more then a one time migration issue transitioning a map from pre .25 to post .25 Factorio. Nothing to really get excited about.

Hiladdar

Axios
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Axios »

After 0.18.25 I noticed a performace boost on my vanilla savegame.

Until 0.18.24 my fps were 35 to 60 randomly walking in the map according to the zoom and the objects present on the terrain.

Now with 0.18.25 I have a solid 57 / 60 fps all time. Same save, same pc.

Asus CN65 with ChromeOS running Debian Buster under Crostini project
CPU Intel i3-8130U
GPU Intel HD Graphics 620
8 gb ram

Just for curiosity, which are the possible causes of this boost?

Thanks.

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

Axios wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:03 pm
After 0.18.25 I noticed a performace boost on my vanilla savegame.
Yes, I noticed it too, got from 20 to 24/25 ups.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Impatient »

Guenni7 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:02 am
Yes, I noticed it too, got from 20 to 24/25 ups.
that must be a hell of a factory :shock: :lol:

Return to “Releases”