[0.18.24] Wrong beacon effects when up-/downgrading modded beacons

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
blahfasel2000
Inserter
Inserter

[0.18.24] Wrong beacon effects when up-/downgrading modded beacons

Post by blahfasel2000 »

When up- or downgrading to/from modded beacons with a higher distribution efficiency the beacon effects get applied wrong. Tested on latest experimental as of writing this (0.18.24), the modded beacons I tested with are from "FactorioExtended Plus-Module", some other mods (faster belts, loaders, Creative Mod) are active to aid with testing.

To reproduce the bug load the attached save file with mods synced to the save. On the left is an assembler with 12 vanilla beacons (full speed-3), as expected it has a speed bonus of 600% and thus a crafting speed of 8.75. On the right is the same assembler, but now with 12 mk2 beacons from Factorio Extended+ that have a distribution efficiency of 0.75. Again as expected the assembler has a speed bonus of 900% and a crafting speed of 12.5.

Upgrade all beacons on the left by fast replacing them with the mk2 beacons. After that the assembler only shows a speed bonus of 825% (and crafting speed 11.5625 accordingly), as if one of the beacons were missing. Comparing throughput between the two assemblers (just rotate the output belts to run one or the other) also shows that it's not just a display bug, the left assembler really does run slower than the right one.

The same happens when you downgrade the beacons on the right to vanilla beacons, again by fast replacing them. After the downgrade, the assembler now shows a speed bonus of 550% and a crafting speed of 8.125, again as if one of the beacons were missing.

After saving the map in this state and loading it again (no restart or anything, just loading the same map again) suddenly the correct numbers show up. That's why I can't provide a save that directly shows the wrong numbers, you have to go through the steps above to reproduce it. The fact that saving/reloading fixes it also makes me think that this might cause multiplayer desyncs under some circumstances, although I haven't tested this.

Taking the modules out of one of the beacons and putting them back again also fixes it for the one assembler affected by this particular beacon.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.93 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
demo_beacon_upgrade.zip
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 93 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.24] Wrong beacon effects when up-/downgrading modded beacons

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”