[0.18.24] fluids in choose-elem-button don't have search box

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.18.24] fluids in choose-elem-button don't have search box

Post by Honktown »

Just as it says.

In the add function, these values are listed:

Code: Select all

choose-elem-button
elem_type :: string: The type of the button - one of the following values.
item :: string (optional): If type is "item" - the default value for the button.
tile :: string (optional): If type is "tile" - the default value for the button.
entity :: string (optional): If type is "entity" - the default value for the button.
signal :: SignalID (optional): If type is "signal" - the default value for the button.
fluid :: string (optional): If type is "fluid" - the default value for the button.
recipe :: string (optional): If type is "recipe" - the default value for the button.
decorative :: string (optional): If type is "decorative" - the default value for the button.
item-group :: string (optional): If type is "item-group" - the default value for the button.
achievement :: string (optional): If type is "achievement" - the default value for the button.
equipment :: string (optional): If type is "equipment" - the default value for the button.
technology :: string (optional): If type is "technology" - the default value for the button.
Only otherwise tested with "item", but items have a search box and fluids don't. This comes up if a modder is "irresponsible" and has lousy orders on the prototypes. The window can become tall and a scrollbar is needed to go down in the list. Also, would be convenient for mods that add a lot of fluids, but that's a convenience, not as much of an issue compared to always needing to scroll.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.24] fluids in choose-elem-button don't have search box

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I changed it for the next release so the search bar will show when groups are used or if there are more than 30 elements in the window.

That way it doesn't show a search bar for 7 things (vanilla fluids) but still handles modded cases.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.24] fluids in choose-elem-button don't have search box

Post by Honktown »

Cool, thanks.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”