Version 0.18.18

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.18

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Adjusted steam engine and turbine collision boxes so player can walk between two steam engines.
  • Roboports allow exporting both logistics and robot stats at the same time. (80652)
Graphics
  • Added offshore pump remnants.
  • Added new dying effects for biters, spitters, worms, and spawners.
Gui
  • Added confirmation box for deleting blueprint book.
Sounds
  • New or updated sound effects include:
  • Transport belts - new concept for these sounds.
  • Turrets rotation sounds and fold/unfold.
  • Weapons improved and made more powerful, e.g. submachine gun, shotgun, gun turret, vehicle machine gun, Laser and electric beam.
  • Particles: Water splashes, Tree debris.
  • Various mix level tweaks including the train, enemies.
  • Attenuations (audible distance) adjusted for entities such as Pipe, Substation and Offshore Pump.
  • New sound when walking over ore patches.
  • Default Sound Settings Updated:
  • Music, Game Effects and Walking sound lowered, Environment sounds and Master Level raised.
  • Zoom audible distance and volume levels adjusted.
  • Maximum Environment Sounds increased (edited).
Bugfixes
  • Fixed mining entity with randomized mining result amount would never return the largest defined amount. (82959)
  • Fixed crash when loading replay. (83030)
  • Fixed reading LuaPlayer::entity_copy_source when the player is dead. (83133)
  • Fixed that upgrading and delivering modules at the same time didn't work right. (83175)
  • Fixed a crash when closing the game while some GUIs are shown. (83227)
  • Fixed crash when setting max_group_gathering_time and min_group_gathering_time to the same value. (82985)
  • Fixed discharge defense equipment had the wrong sprite in the equipment grid. (83248)
  • Fixed that artillery wagons wouldn't show out of ammo icons. (82834)
  • Fixed that modded cargo wagon colors wouldn't copy correctly through blueprints. (83302)
  • Fixed furnaces with recipes using fluid ingredients could cause crash. (81482)
  • Fixed a crash when removing a player that has modded associated character entities. (83349)
Modding
  • Furnaces now ignore off_when_no_fluid_recipe property of their fluid box definition. Fluid boxes will not be disabled based on enabled recipes. (77971)
  • Changed colored concrete tiles to be non-mineable.
Scripting
  • Added LuaEquipmentPrototype::automatic.
  • Added "include_entities", "include_trains", "include_station_names", and "include_modules" fields to LuaItemStack::create_blueprint.
  • Added LuaRoboportControlBehaviour::read_logistics and read_robot_stats
  • Removed LuaRoboportControlBehaviour::mode_of_operations
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

PSquared1234
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.18

Post by PSquared1234 »

Hoorah for the confirmation for deleting a blueprint book! I've been backing up my Factorio directory specifically for the cases when I've accidentally deleted my railroad blueprint book.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

EDIT:
At first I thought the belt sounds were too loud. But it turns out I still had the Volume Control Mod installed and that seems to have messed up things a lot. When I uninstalled it I didn't have any belt sounds. Re-installing brought them back. Look a while to figure out what's going on here.

The volume seems fine now. Very audible, but not too loud. Yellow could be a bit more quiet maybe, because the sound is deeper than red or blue. The belt sounds in of themselves are a lot better

Assembly machines could stand to be made more quiet thought
Last edited by Serenity on Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

what, no headless server? :(

Windsinger
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Windsinger »

Would be nice to actually also update the servers oops :mrgreen:

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Headless download link works just fine for me: https://factorio.com/get-download/0.18. ... ss/linux64

Windsinger
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Windsinger »

Klonan wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:09 pm
Headless download link works just fine for me: https://factorio.com/get-download/0.18. ... ss/linux64
It was definitely not working before, it is now. Thanks for the fix!

> https://updater.factorio.com/get-available-versions Now shows the correct version, website is updated too.
Could it be your CDN was being slow? just a hint to check, in EU nothing was showing as 0.18.18, only the clients (which are via steam).

slaved34ler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by slaved34ler »

New or updated sound effects include:
Transport belts - new concept for these sounds.
I don't hear sound of transport belts at all after this update.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Changed colored concrete tiles to be non-mineable.
Wait, what?
Why?
I think i understand what it says, but looking at it for 10mins hasn´t given me more insight as to what this is for.
Can we get a forum balance complaint post, a bug report, or something else?
At the moment i dont have a save ready to test what this really means, because i had long break and my old saves were "broken" in one way or the other and my 0.18 modded factory is not at a point to paint it.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Just found out by crash on start-up that the definition of "car_wood_impact" in __base__.prototypes.entity.demo-sounds changed from a table:

Code: Select all

sounds.car_wood_impact =
{
  {
    filename = "__base__/sound/car-wood-impact.ogg", volume = 0.5
  },
[…]
}
to a function:

Code: Select all

sounds.car_wood_impact = function(volume)
  return
  {
    {
      filename = "__base__/sound/car-wood-impact.ogg", volume = volume
    },
[…]
  }
end
with this update. So, if your mod is using car_wood_impact, you should change this ASAP! :-D
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:01 pm
Changed colored concrete tiles to be non-mineable.
Wait, what?
Why?
I think i understand what it says, but looking at it for 10mins hasn´t given me more insight as to what this is for.
Can we get a forum balance complaint post, a bug report, or something else?
At the moment i dont have a save ready to test what this really means, because i had long break and my old saves were "broken" in one way or the other and my 0.18 modded factory is not at a point to paint it.
It is related to 83386, I didn't include the link because it's not exactly what the request was asking for but the change was intended to address it. Colored concrete in vanilla was added for purpose of "lobby room" in our scenarios, it can't be placed outside of editor or script so it doesn't make sense for it to be mineable by players. If a mod wants to allow players to place it, it can also change it to be mineable again.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Hello ! Thank your for all the updates. First thoughts :

- The 3 belt tier sounds go really well together. Love them.
- Deconstructing entities now seems to produce 2 different sounds at once ? (a distinct one, and a very soft and low pitched one) Feels kinda weird.
- Hurting yourself with a grenade now produces a sound. It's bad because a grenade exploding at 6.6 distance is very quiet, and a grenade exploding at 6.4 distance is very loud.
- Yellow inserter is now louder than assemblers or furnaces, it's feels disordered.

theolderbeholder
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by theolderbeholder »

Weapons improved and made more powerful, e.g. submachine gun, shotgun, gun turret, vehicle machine gun, Laser and electric beam.
So there is a new tier of enemies coming behind "Behemoth"? How will it be called? You wouldn't make ussuch a gift without good reason, wouldn't you?

avenetucci09
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by avenetucci09 »

theolderbeholder wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:23 pm
Weapons improved and made more powerful, e.g. submachine gun, shotgun, gun turret, vehicle machine gun, Laser and electric beam.
So there is a new tier of enemies coming behind "Behemoth"? How will it be called? You wouldn't make ussuch a gift without good reason, wouldn't you?
Only the sounds were updated. Nothing was changed about the actual effectiveness of the weapons.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

theolderbeholder wrote:
More powerful weapon sounds do not change balancing.

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

slaved34ler wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:48 pm
Same here!

I can't believe how quiet the belts are now relative to other entities, for example the roboports which are far too loud! I maxed the game effects, maxed master volume, maxed facotrio volume in windows and now additionally need to turn up my speakers 30% louder than before to hear the faintest buzzing of the belts. And only when standing near a bunch of belts with no other machines nearby. Sad.

Belt sound were something distinctive to factorio. Admittedtly the original belt sound (months or years ago) where too dominantly "hissing". Then came the wonderful subdued mechanical belt sound with actual gears/friction/crunching noticable.... and now: a barely audible boring homogenous buzz. :( :(

Please revert. :D

plepper1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by plepper1 »

theolderbeholder wrote:
So there is a new tier of enemies coming behind "Behemoth"? How will it be called?
Ultral...err...Biter. :lol:

Dutchy_Gamer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dutchy_Gamer »

Dear dev's,

Idk what u have done to the sound of the Personal Laser Defense, but in my ears it's horrible! I hope next patch there will be something fixed with that noise :).

Thanks in advance!

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

Usul wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:53 pm
slaved34ler wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:48 pm
Same here!

I can't believe how quiet the belts are now relative to other entities, for example the roboports which are far too loud! I maxed the game effects, maxed master volume, maxed facotrio volume in windows and now additionally need to turn up my speakers 30% louder than before to hear the faintest buzzing of the belts. And only when standing near a bunch of belts with no other machines nearby. Sad.

Belt sound were something distinctive to factorio. Admittedtly the original belt sound (months or years ago) where too dominantly "hissing". Then came the wonderful subdued mechanical belt sound with actual gears/friction/crunching noticable.... and now: a barely audible boring homogenous buzz. :( :(

Please revert. :D
Unfortunately quite a few people actively disliked those sounds, which is why they were changed again. IMO these newest sounds are the best of the lot, but they do need to be turned up a bit. They're extremely hard to notice in the middle of a busy factory.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

theolderbeholder
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by theolderbeholder »

avenetucci09 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:28 pm
Only the sounds were updated. Nothing was changed about the actual effectiveness of the weapons.
Ah. Sounds. should have read the headlines, too. THX.

Return to “Releases”