Version 0.17.70

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.70

Post by FactorioBot »

Features
  • Added interface option to adjust the number of shortcut bar rows that are visible on the screen.
  • Added ability to shift click a research in the technology screen to start that research.
  • Allowed setting filters with the ghost cursor.
Changes Graphics
  • Added new remnants for several entities. They are still work-in-progress and subject to further change.
Bugfixes
  • Excluding runtime fluid mixing check from assembler migration that caused some crashes when loading a save with mixing in it.
  • Fixed landfill map color on old saves. (75870)
  • Added migration to recalculate tile transitions when tile layer definition changes in tile prototype. (75871)
  • Fixed that artillery remote failure sounds could be duplicated in some cases. (75639)
  • Fixed that the game would still process mod dependencies for disabled mods. (75873)
  • Fixed that underground pipes with different length could sometimes connect one tile further.
  • Fixed that the cursor would appear in the wrong position after textbox alignment was changed by scripting. (74971)
  • Fixed placement of scrollbars around textboxes. (74969)
  • Fixed a crash related to teleporting biters during the ai-completed events. (75962)
  • Fixed that non-square crafting machines without fluid boxes didn't rotate correctly. (75944)
  • Fixed that the game would freeze when trying to find automatic artillery targets with very high levels of artillery range. (76056)
  • Fixed tile ghosts sometimes overlapped on edges which created visible lines. (76189)
  • Fixed that the on_gui_switch_state_changed event would fire twice in some cases. (76211)
  • Fixed wrong damage bonus values in tooltips of combat robots and units in a different force. (76182)
  • Fixed that the research screen would show a technology as "available" when it was queued. (75960)
  • Fixed that LuaEntity::last_user didn't support writing `nil`. (76360)
  • Fixed that mod GUIs could show on top of the technology screen after loading a save. (75979)
  • Fixed a crash when using the /screenshot command. (76418)
  • Fixed that the --disable-migration-window command line option didn't always work. (76542)
  • Fixed that pumps had a drain when using a non-electric energy source. (76355)
  • Fixed a bug in fluid system splitting.
  • Changed order of pipe connections to avoid previous cases of fluid mixing. A.k.a Boskid's deferred pipes.
  • Offshore pumps now set fluid filter automatically based on produced fluid. (76286)
  • Fixed crash when closing shortcut selection list while dragging. (76718)
  • Fixed that biters could get overloaded by artillery and stop moving. (64334)
  • Fixed that biters could get stuck during attacks. (74740)
  • Fixed that biter pathfinding could cause unreasonably large save files. (74058)
  • Fixed that biters would attack in a single file due to their colliding with each other. (66977)
  • Fixed that personal roboports would function with literally no power.
  • Fixed migrating pre-0.17 maps with detached characters that had a grid armor in quick bar would corrupt game state. (76466)
Modding
  • Added optional flying robot prototype property "max_speed".
  • Added light_renderer_search_distance_limit to utility constants.
Scripting
  • Changed LuaEntity::color to also work for cars.
  • Changed LuaStyle::padding, margin to also accept arrays of padding values.
  • Added optional "unit_number" to on_post_entity_died event.
  • Added support to teleport car entity types between surfaces.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::call_for_help_radius, max_count_of_owned_units, max_friends_around_to_spawn, spawning_radius and spawning_spacing read.
  • Added LuaForce::research_enabled read.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Ludwig234
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.70

Post by Ludwig234 »

Added ability to shift click a research in the technology screen to start that research.
Thanks this seems very nice. :)
But whenever I say that I will do this or that, it looks very different when the time comes.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

i like the updated
inserters & poles
remnants 👍

BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BattleFluffy »

"Deadly Bitters Tuesday"

I've been anticipating this patch since it was announced that bitters attacks would be less derpy. It did not disappoint! The attacks are much more coordinated and far deadlier with a huge swarm. I think this change makes the game much more exciting. :>

coreyt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by coreyt »

The new Mac signing seems to work on the version 0.17.70 downloaded from the web site.

Running macOS Catalina with the new security features. Downloaded 0.17.69, extracted and double clicked the app. Mac said developer can't be verified and offered to trash it. With 0.17.70, the was a dialog stating that it was downloaded from the internet. Selecting open runs OK.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Anyone else getting a

Code: Select all

207.525 Error DownloadingUpdatesGui.cpp:108: Checking update packages failed:
File C:/****/factorio_tux.0.17.latest_Bob/data/changelog.txt has unexpected content
when trying to update from ..69 ?

Why would the content of a purely descriptive file cause issues ?!?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:55 am
Anyone else getting a

207.525 Error DownloadingUpdatesGui.cpp:108: Checking update packages failed:
File C:/****/factorio_tux.0.17.latest_Bob/data/changelog.txt has unexpected content
when trying to update from ..69 ?
Nope:

118.193 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:54: Downloading https://updater.factorio.com/updater/get-download?package=core-linux64&from=0.17.69&to=0.17.70&isTarget=true&username=xxx&token=<private>&apiVersion=2
 164.481 Info Updater.cpp:269: Applying update /home/pc/GOG_Games/Factorio/0.17/script-output/temp/core-linux64-0.17.69-0.17.70-update.zip
 165.637 Info AppManager.cpp:1211: Restarting Factorio
Why would the content of a purely descriptive file cause issues ?!?
Perhaps some checksum that didn't match, perhaps somebody accidentally emptied changelog.txt in the zip file? Not very likely, but people can get very creative and make the most amazing mistakes! :-D
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I *did* mess around copying the content from the windows x64 folder to the linux install one... but why would changelog.txt be the file that didn't match ?

urmet
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by urmet »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:39 am
I *did* mess around copying the content from the windows x64 folder to the linux install one... but why would changelog.txt be the file that didn't match ?
maybe different line endings?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Oh, right, I thought that Microsoft had finally joined the Unix bandwagon on that, but looks like that they just improved compatibility :
Windows Notepad fixed after 33 years: Now it finally handles Unix, Mac OS line endings
(Note that this seems to be not so much about Notepad, than about Windows' new shell...)

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

Following the recent notable increase in consumption of walls and laser turrets, the biters seems to stress my defenses adaequatly more. Should a further update fix the decreased frozen Biter issue even more, we will have a noteworthy adversary in the game.

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by wheybags »

coreyt wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:13 am
The new Mac signing seems to work on the version 0.17.70 downloaded from the web site.

Running macOS Catalina with the new security features. Downloaded 0.17.69, extracted and double clicked the app. Mac said developer can't be verified and offered to trash it. With 0.17.70, the was a dialog stating that it was downloaded from the internet. Selecting open runs OK.
\o/ hallelujah!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

conn11 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Following the recent notable increase in consumption of walls and laser turrets, the biters seems to stress my defenses adaequatly more.
I guess I'll have to play without biters starting from now, or at least to tune them significantly down - and hurry to get the achievements I lack before I upgrade.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Koub wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:06 pm
conn11 wrote:
Following the recent notable increase in consumption of walls and laser turrets, the biters seems to stress my defenses adaequatly more.
I guess I'll have to play without biters starting from now, or at least to tune them significantly down - and hurry to get the achievements I lack before I upgrade.
What happens if you just downgrade to 0.15.x or something where peaceful mode was still allowed?
That would adequatley demonstrate that achievements are bullshit :D.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

eradicator wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:54 pm
Koub wrote:
conn11 wrote:
What happens if you just downgrade to 0.15.x or something where peaceful mode was still allowed?
Like them or not, but at least the steam achievements do require the most up to date conditions.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

conn11 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 pm
eradicator wrote:
Koub wrote:
conn11 wrote:
Like them or not, but at least the steam achievements do require the most up to date conditions.
Are you sure about that ? Because if that's true then I've been wasting my time with 0.14 trying to get the 8 & 15 hour achievements :o
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

The non-colliding aliens are excellent.

Please don't ever become swayed to buff/nerf/reduce the weapons/aliens/attackers in the future, as a result of this change. The way they act now is much better, and I'm a player who plays exclusively in peaceful mode. The difficulty of managing defenses is too much for my style of play, yet I still think this functionality is much more appropriate. I may become more interested in the alien aspect now, actually.

On the flip side, I imagine that creating artificial bottlenecks could now become extremely (inappropriately?) useful. If that works out, that may be too much of an accidental defensive buff paired with the belt interaction change here:
https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-283

And at some point wasn't the pathfinding logic changed to do more "something is in the way, find another route" than "something is in the way, so destroy it and continue on the desired path"? Could that all end up being defensive buffs when matched with the non-collision change?
Last edited by Jon8RFC on Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

I can’t say for sure how many stuck / frozen biters I had on the map (looked at the statistics - I think about 30,000 biters were destroyed - it means there were so many frozen)), but when I switched to this version, the UPS / FPS fell to 0.6 and grew up slowly for about 15 minutes, fifteen hundred laser turrets involved in the destruction (out of 487 thousand :), but successfully repulsed and the FPS grew from the usual (at the last time) 42-45 to almost 60! This is a good bid to win, I can continue my expansion to the east and destroy another 5-10 million biters and maybe I will reach the end of the world :)
Last edited by azesmbog on Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JaJe »

So many bugfixes for this game and but I never found any bug while playing since the experimental 0.17.
Congratulations! I will be sad once the game is released with no more features or other fixes :D

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

jockeril wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:34 am
conn11 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 pm
eradicator wrote:
Koub wrote:
conn11 wrote:
Are you sure about that ? Because if that's true then I've been wasting my time with 0.14 trying to get the 8 & 15 hour achievements :o
I don‘t know exactly about those particular ones, but for example: the techmaniac achievement I‘ve got way back in the pre infinite science age had its conditions changed an I therefore had to reearn it.
So there is a good chance, since time to finish hasn’t changed, that those achievements aren’t affected (like e.g. the Iron throne and most of the production focused ones).

Return to “Releases”