Version 0.17.50

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.50

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Inserters are slightly faster when picking up from belts as they can now select an item and pick it up in the same tick.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a special case of assembler pipe connection bug. (71776)
  • Fixed a crash when trying to check for mod updates with mods that have dependencies not on the mod portal.
  • Fixed that multiple modded inserters aiming for the same belt would compete for the same item. (58613)
  • Fixed that opening signal by circuit network could let train to go to a reserved/occupied block. (72000)
  • Fixed that it was possible to build a special rail crossing that didn't merge the blocks and allowed trains to cross without collisions. (71990)
  • Fixed a crash related to pathfinding toward a moving target, such as when the player was fighting biters. (71989 72011)
  • Fixed turret ranges would not render properly on some models of Apple computers with Intel integrated GPU. (67259)
  • Fixed most of the Map Editor GUI would still work when doing replays. (72031)
  • Fixed that "the hand" didn't work correctly in the Map Editor when the inventory was full. (72016)
  • Fixed that cut ignored the not-minable and not-deconstructable flags in some cases. (72010)
  • Fixed rail signal to block binding that occurred in special cases. (71986)
  • Fixed shooting would refresh only the first beam if multiple beams were active. (71868)
  • Fixed that cloning rails with locomotive on top in the map editor made the copied rails not minable even when the locomotive was removed. (72085)
  • Fixed another train pathfinding issue related to re-pathing while in chain signal sequence. (72032)
Scripting
  • Added LuaEntity::energy_generated_last_tick read.
  • Added LuaGameScript::parse_map_exchange_string().
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Gergely
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.50

Post by Gergely »

And so the fiftyfirst release of 0.17 was still experimental...

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

When you gonna fix all the stuff that litters up my signature? :D
But thx for the beams fix, gonna try it out tomorrow <3
(That one actually just made my personal laser defense glow flicker a bit, so it wasn't so crucial - but the other stuff is^^ .. maybe you can ignore rcon, function ref serialization and possibly even the heat interface for the moment, but please take another look at the other stuff..? thank you <3)
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BattleFluffy »

wooo faster inserters :>

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

ownlyme wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:51 pm
When you gonna fix all the stuff that litters up my signature? :D
One of the bug reports is waiting on info from you. Textbox::selection||Better Heat IF are missing associated modding interface request threads.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

there are threads but the signature has a link limit of 5 :P

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69724&p=424298#p424298 (text box selection)
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69736&p=424183&hilit=heat#p424183 (heat interface)
forgot to subscribe to the biter ai thread, but i replied now
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

TatsuZZMage
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TatsuZZMage »

Very nice looks like burner inserters are Pulling off blue almost enough to have a full furnace set up using burners to insert and powered to remove.

laggerfromrussia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by laggerfromrussia »

I don't know which of these fixes made this, but now Factorio runs much more smooth. Now I see what is pure 60 fps.
Linux, old ati/amd hd5770 gpu with opensource driver (radeon + mesa).
Thank you, dev team. <3

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

Alright i updated my laser beams mod, just wanted you to know that your work was not for nothing ;)

maddoctor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by maddoctor »

its very frustrating that i still cant get my performance to be like how it use to. and i dont know how to provide a report. i cant be the only one who is having problems. i use to get way better performance earlier but i just dont know what is happening now. my gpu is simply not being used right. even if i reduce the the screen resolution the little resources that it was already use just becomes less and the performance still become garbage. there is not on the performance page but a post and i cant post there. when i open and old save from 16.x i get just slightly less performance but the size of the old base is at least 7 times bigger with over a 100k bots but my new base of 17.x only has 250 construction bots. problems, problems. factorio uses about 30% utilization of the computer resources, if this is just how the game is, maybe it time for me to hang up my coat now, idk. frustrating

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

What's stopping you about making a proper bug report about this? Sounds like something is wrong, so a normal bugreport will surely get you more help than posting randomly on the newest version. :mrgreen:
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

maddoctor wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:09 am
its very frustrating that i still cant get my performance to be like how it use to. and i dont know how to provide a report. i cant be the only one who is having problems. i use to get way better performance earlier but i just dont know what is happening now. my gpu is simply not being used right. even if i reduce the the screen resolution the little resources that it was already use just becomes less and the performance still become garbage. there is not on the performance page but a post and i cant post there. when i open and old save from 16.x i get just slightly less performance but the size of the old base is at least 7 times bigger with over a 100k bots but my new base of 17.x only has 250 construction bots. problems, problems. factorio uses about 30% utilization of the computer resources, if this is just how the game is, maybe it time for me to hang up my coat now, idk. frustrating
You would have to give more detailed info with the same save to compare. 0.17 is supposed to be around twice the fast compared to 0.16 generally.

Return to “Releases”