Version 0.17.43

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.43

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • The argument to --generate-map-preview is treated as a directory only if it ends with a '/' or '\'.
  • Car/tank color keeps the color of the last user.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that the technology GUI could freeze on certain technologies. (70997)
  • Fixed a crash when trying to build train ghosts not on rails. (71118)
  • Fixed a crash related to changing the logistic mode on an infinity-chest type entity through mods. (70911)
  • Fixed low readability tag color highlighting in textboxes. (67469)
  • Fixed Korean IME still did not work (Windows only). (71123)
  • Fixed statistics graphs X axis labels showing wrong values for 250h and 1000h time frames. (71091)
  • Fixed that the wrong entry could be highlighted in the electric network graph. (67361)
  • Fixed that picking up an item from quickbar wouldn't reserve the slot with an inventory hand when the inventory was full. (70974)
  • Fixed robot energy consumption when using very high speed bonuses. (70951)
  • Fixed a false-positive changed message in the mods GUI under specific situations. (69772)
  • Fixed icons inside blueprint book items not being scaled properly.
  • Fixed that delimit-procedure noise expressions at the root of an expression tree would crash the compiler.
Modding
  • Added util.combine_icons(icons1, icons2, inputs) function to aid in combining icons tables.
  • Changed the auto_barrel recipe icon generation to account for fluids with an icon_size not set to 32, or fluids with an icons table. (71158)
Scripting
  • Added LuaNamedNoiseExpression and LuaGameScript::named_noise_expressions read.
  • Added LuaEntity::tree_stage_index read/write.
  • Added LuaEntity::tree_stage_index_max and tree_color_index_max read.
  • Added "player_index" to the on_rocket_launch_ordered and on_rocket_launched events.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.43

Post by Dev-iL »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Fri May 24, 2019 1:04 pm
Car/tank color keeps the color of the last user.
Hehe... I have to ask - what prompted this change?
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Dev-iL wrote: ↑
Fri May 24, 2019 1:14 pm
Car/tank color keeps the color of the last user.
Hehe... I have to ask - what prompted this change?
well...
Klonan wrote: RSeding! Give my my car back, you took it! Again!?!
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

More contributions by me :3
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

theolderbeholder
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by theolderbeholder »

[*]Car/tank color keeps the color of the last user.
Can we have this for turrets as well, so we may build a rainbow of fiery death to the biters?

BigWolfUK
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BigWolfUK »

theolderbeholder wrote: ↑
Fri May 24, 2019 3:58 pm
Can we have this for turrets as well, so we may build a rainbow of fiery death to the biters?
Might as well code in a paint gun, and each model has a part of the texture that can be recoloured on the fly

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

BigWolfUK wrote: ↑
Fri May 24, 2019 4:35 pm
Might as well code in a paint gun, and each model has a part of the texture that can be recoloured on the fly
Aw hell, I'd use that! Especially if you can set the color.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

tehfreek wrote: ↑
Fri May 24, 2019 6:25 pm
BigWolfUK wrote: ↑
Fri May 24, 2019 4:35 pm
Aw hell, I'd use that! Especially if you can set the color.
One could mod that in now...
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

tehjanderson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tehjanderson »

was there a change to https://updater.factorio.com/get-available-versions with this?
it is only showing "core-linux_headless64" now where prior releases showed the other versions

i use a script to update different installs in linux which is expecting "core-linux64" to be in the list and it isnt

thanks.

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

tehjanderson wrote: ↑
Sat May 25, 2019 12:14 am
was there a change to https://updater.factorio.com/get-available-versions with this?
it is only showing "core-linux_headless64" now where prior releases showed the other versions

i use a script to update different installs in linux which is expecting "core-linux64" to be in the list and it isnt

thanks.
Works just fine when I pass it the username and token.

KiJoHe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KiJoHe »

I downloaded and installed this 0.17.43. Everything works nice. But I noticed that it brought forward my blueprints from Ver 0.16. Ok, but I was using 0.17.4 previously, and a lot of the blueprints from v16 was now not working correctly. So, since I had installed this as a separate install, I went to get the blueprints from 0.17.4 and found that it was uninstalled. Further, I then found that my v16 was uninstalled. A lot of work went into those versions and I don't appreciate this update automatically uninstalling my stuff. All my revised v17 blueprints, and now all the maps that I had created.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

KiJoHe wrote: ↑
Mon May 27, 2019 8:12 pm
I downloaded and installed this 0.17.43. Everything works nice. But I noticed that it brought forward my blueprints from Ver 0.16. Ok, but I was using 0.17.4 previously, and a lot of the blueprints from v16 was now not working correctly. So, since I had installed this as a separate install, I went to get the blueprints from 0.17.4 and found that it was uninstalled. Further, I then found that my v16 was uninstalled. A lot of work went into those versions and I don't appreciate this update automatically uninstalling my stuff. All my revised v17 blueprints, and now all the maps that I had created.
when you update, it creates a backup from your blueprints (blueprint-storage-backup.dat). It would never come to your save folder anyway, so maybe user error on the maps?

AndrewIRL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AndrewIRL »

Convinced my friend to buy Factorio and then watched him play the campaign. It all went fairly smoothly until he decided to move on and start a freeplay game. Apparently the extreme aggression of the biters in the campaign had left a deep impression because he went through the menus and tried to set peaceful on his first game. Took some convincing and I got him to turn peaceful off but he still went through the options and nerfed the biters hard.

The campaign gives the wrong first impression as to the threat biter pose in freeplay.

Return to β€œReleases”