Version 0.17.38

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.38

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • When a train performs path finding while in a chain signal sequence, the pathfinding will have a constraint to not go through reserved block before exiting the chain sequence. This solves a problem of train intersections being possible to be deadlocked even with proper chain signals usage in cases of using temporary stops or when path is changed because of station is being enabled/disabled by a circuit network. (68681) This also allowed us to to let train recalculate path spontaneously even in chain signal sequence, as it shouldn't break anything now.
  • When a temporary blueprint(e.g. blueprint from copy) is placed in the quickbar, the blueprint won't be destroyed when clearing the cursor and instead moved to the inventory. (65332)
  • Separated incompatible mods from dependencies in browse mods GUI.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a crash when trying to build locomotives near water/edges of the map. (66407)
  • Fixed players getting a new player character when they connect twice to a paused game. (62555)
  • Fixed that entity tooltips did not show negative emissions. (68016)
  • Fluid assembler ghosts now show correct pipe connections.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to write auto trash filters with not-a-table.
  • Fixed possible fluid mixing from reviving fluid assembler ghost by higher version. (70266)
  • Disabled areas of new map GUI are set correctly on exchange string import. (70355)
  • Fixed that script rendering sprites loaded from files would disappear on save/load. (70318)
  • Fixed that LuaForce::reset_technology_effects() wouldn't preserve things in the research queue. (70543)
  • Fixed that using an upgrade planner on a blueprint wouldn't upgrade configured modules. (70565)
  • Fixed cross-platform issues related to the Lua bit library. (70571)
  • Fixed crash when changing controller in multiplayer and changing your selection at the same time.
  • Fixed that blueprint shortcuts in action bar would become magically available when they are destroyed, if they originated from the blueprint library. (66002)
  • Fixed that technology tooltips could sometimes end up behind the technology screen. (66413)
  • Fixed that target leading would not take into account any slowdown modifiers on units. (70584)
  • Fixed that the favorite button for servers wouldn't work correctly if the server was already selected. (70616)
  • Fixed that rocket silos would show an unhelpful status in the tooltip. (68251)
  • Fixed PvP crash when loading save games before "player" -> "character" rename. (70633)
  • Fixed PvP crash when importing old configs. (70633)
  • Fixed that only some parts of the current research info panel would open the technology tree when clicked. (67092)
Scripting
  • Added LuaTechnology::visible_when_disabled read/write.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

csduff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.38

Post by csduff »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 pm
[*]When a temporary blueprint(e.g. blueprint from copy) is placed in the quickbar, the blueprint won't be destroyed when clearing the cursor and instead moved to the inventory. (65332)
So does this now create a blueprint in inventory, or just in the quickbar?

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

csduff wrote: ↑
Fri May 10, 2019 2:39 pm
[*]When a temporary blueprint(e.g. blueprint from copy) is placed in the quickbar, the blueprint won't be destroyed when clearing the cursor and instead moved to the inventory. (65332)
from the description it sounds like the clear destination is then set to the inventory, and likely reserves a slot for it.

How does it behave with a full inventory though?
Last edited by ratchetfreak on Fri May 10, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dog80 »

ratchetfreak wrote: ↑
Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm
csduff wrote: ↑
Fri May 10, 2019 2:39 pm
from the description it sounds like the clear destination is then set to the inventory, and likely reserves a slot for it.

it falls on the floor

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

it falls on the floor
Fake news! It does not reserve an inventory slot, so when you do the described action with a full inventory, you simply won't be able to clear your cursor (you get an "inventory full" error when you try).
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Fri May 10, 2019 2:52 pm

it falls on the floor
Fake news! It does not reserve an inventory slot, so when you do the described action with a full inventory, you simply won't be able to clear your cursor (you get an "inventory full" error when you try).
This behavior was one of the curses before items started reserving slots in inventory while bots harvest wood. You could end up with a stack of something in hands with generally no sane ability to dispose of it. I am sure this should be avoided even though it is a single piece

csduff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by csduff »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Fri May 10, 2019 2:52 pm

it falls on the floor
So it sounds like it behaves like copy/cut did before, until you put the blueprint into you quickbar, then it functions like creating a blueprint (alt-b). Is that, effectively, what you are describing?

LastDawn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LastDawn »

[*]Fluid assembler ghosts now show correct pipe connections.
I think we are still waiting for correct placement of electrical connections when building a blueprint, aren't we? Hope they'll overhaul the functional issues of blueprint handling soon, I don't care as much about visual issues as long as it works (which it does not right now). Pls, devs! :cry:

Also see
viewtopic.php?t=49749
viewtopic.php?t=46624

Trapton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Trapton »

LastDawn wrote: ↑
Fri May 10, 2019 6:22 pm

I think we are still waiting for correct placement of electrical connections when building a blueprint, aren't we? Hope they'll overhaul the functional issues of blueprint handling soon, I don't care as much about visual issues as long as it works (which it does not right now). Pls, devs! :cry:
100%.
At last I have safely spent over 2 hours in the "perfect" wiring, copied ... and due to spontaneous dislike, closed the game.

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

I am experiencing intermittent lock up with the 0.17.38 client. I rolled back to 0.17.37 and was able to play through that without any issues.

This is with a fairly heavily modded map with over 4k rocket launches I use for testing some of the mods I am writing.

Hiladdar

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

Hiladdar wrote: ↑
Sat May 11, 2019 3:21 am
I am experiencing intermittent lock up with the 0.17.38 client. I rolled back to 0.17.37 and was able to play through that without any issues.

This is with a fairly heavily modded map with over 4k rocket launches I use for testing some of the mods I am writing.

Hiladdar
If you have a save that locks up occasionally on 0.17.38, post it in the bug forum.
Last edited by Omnifarious on Sat May 11, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Omnifarious wrote: ↑
Sat May 11, 2019 3:37 pm
Hiladdar wrote: ↑
Sat May 11, 2019 3:21 am
I am experiencing intermittent lock up with the 0.17.38 client.
If you have a save that locks up occasionally on 0.37, post it in the bug forum.
And by 0.37 you mean 0.17.38, right?

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

Qon wrote: ↑
Sat May 11, 2019 3:48 pm
Omnifarious wrote: ↑
Sat May 11, 2019 3:37 pm
If you have a save that locks up occasionally on 0.37, post it in the bug forum.
And by 0.37 you mean 0.17.38, right?
You're right. Oops. Fixed my original post. Thanks. :-)

Return to β€œReleases”