Version 0.14.6

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.14.6

Post by FactorioBot »

• Changes
    • Drop detection got little bit strictier so the drop timeout was increased from 10 to 20 seconds.
    • If you log in with your email, your multiplayer username gets set to your actual username, not your email address.
  • Minor features
    • Added --start-server-load-scenario <scenario name> command to start scenario with the given name.
    • As a tribute to Arumbas mega-game, the "build by" was renamed to "last user" and it is updated whenever the entity is: rotated, has circuit condition changed, setting pasted, recipe changed, filter changed, output signal changed, cominbator settings changed,
    • Added speed change based on zoom when in god mode into the latency hiding.
    • The player was killed messages now contains a name of entity or player who caused that.
  • Bugfixes
    • Player killed messages are shown only to players of the same force.
    • Fixed that zoom to cursor didn't work in ghost/god controller.
    • Fixed that player dropped, but it shown the "the can't keep up message" instead.
    • Fixed that server got deselected when changing sorting or filters in public game list. (29561)
    • Additional attempt to make the keyboard settings compatibile between linux and windows. (29686)
    • Fixed that player crafting categories accepted empty string as value, which resulted in crash later. (32507)
    • Fixed that progress bar during updating mods wasn't moving (31844)
    • Fixed beam damage_interval of 0 would crash the game. (32527)
    • Fixed gates wouldn't open while in a vehicle without a character. (32525)
    • Fixed GUI scaling in the mod browser. (30196)
    • Fixed (hopefully) that wrong server details were displayed (27110)
    • Fixed that it wasn't possible to build rail blueprint over floor-tile ghost. (32454)
    • Fluid status icons will display floored values, same as all other icons. (32439)
    • Fixed crash that prevented the game to start on some OS X configurations. (32515)
    • Fixed that changing character direction from script didn't work. (32318)
    • Fixed game getting stuck when a new account was created from the Steam version (31642)
    • Additional signal/rail building fix. (30350)
    • Fixed that some entities would not remember their circuit parameters in the map editor. (32153)
    • Fixed blueprint tooltip wouldn't update when clearing a blueprint. (32038)
    • Fixed crash when loading some old save files containing circuit connections to be removed. (32009)
    • Fixed crash when removing migrated equipment grids due to mod removal while mods had references to the grids. (32420)
    • Fixed wires wouldn't get applied to inserters through blueprints in some cases. (32045)
    • Fixed that player could get unkickable under specific circumstances.
    • Fixed train crash when it found a path in the opposide direction that it just started moving. (29610)
    • Fixed Factorio updater didn't pass command line arguments when restarting the game after update. (32412)
    • Fixed crashes when loading old or some invalid maps in the map editor. (32488)
    • Clearer error messages and interaction when loading old or invalid maps.
    • Fixed curved rail bounding box not allowing large electric poles to be build in specific configurations. (32532)
    • Fixed that joining games through Steam wouldn't work. (32479)
    • Fixed not being able to interact with the error dialog when an error happens while interacting with GUIs. (32259)
    • Fixed UI not responding to input in some situations when progress guis were shown. (32522)
    • Fixed personal roboport wouldn't update properly when modded equipment was used in some cases.
    • Fixed train ignoring wait conditions in some cases (32562)
    • Fixed chain signal visual state right before a station (30881)
    • Fixed that the client was stuck when he disconnected after a reconnect.
    • Fixed Save As GUI not responding to input after multiplayer disconnect with chat open. (32574)
    • Fixed inserter placement in the 2nd level of new hope campaign mission. (31688)
    • Server automatically deletes temporary save files once the upload of finishes.
    • Fixed recipe tooltips containing fluid in assembling machines wouldn't show the available fluids properly. (32647)
    • Fixed desync when placing floor blueprint and mining placed ghosts at the same time. (32378)
    • Fixed that you could disconnect wires in from Transport Belt Madness scenario's Electric Poles. (29168)
    • Potential fix of crash after desync.
    • Attempted to handle socket unblock error in a way that won't crash the game. (32663)
  • Scripting
    • Added LuaGameScript::print - print to all players.
    • Added LuaForce::print - print to all players on the force.
    • Added LuaSurface::print - print to all players on the surface.
    • Fixed entities with positive emissions_per_tick would generate pollution even when pollution was disabled. (32602)
    • Renamed LuaEntity::built_by to LuaEntity::last_user
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.14.6

Post by aubergine18 »

The player was killed messages now contains a name of entity or player who caused that.
Does this mean we can get an api event stating entity that killed player? :)
Last edited by aubergine18 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I believe so, twinsen probably just forgot to mention it in the changelog

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

kovarex wrote:I believe so, twinsen probably just forgot to mention it in the changelog
Awesome :D

Chocolatetthunder
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chocolatetthunder »

Player killed messages are shown only to players of the same force.

why is that a thing??

in pvp i want to see those. expecially now that it shows who killed them.
3Ra Gaming Owner
join us on discord @ http://www.3RaGaming.com/discord

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Research seems broken: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32720&p=206431

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Wow, so many bugfixes.

I love the new print functions. No need to write wrapper functions for them anymore. :D

About "Renamed LuaEntity::built_by to LuaEntity::last_user", I am not sure about this...
According to the new minor feature, it sounds like last_user is different from built_by. So I think "Replaced LuaEntity::built_by by LuaEntity::last_user" is better.
And if that is the case, please also update the API doc. It is still " The player who built the entity". :lol:

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

0.14.7 incoming, ETA 150 minutes.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Research is broken in the Macintosh version too.

marvtobi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by marvtobi »

Something odd with the website and the download. When i refresh/reload the website repeatedly i sometimes get 14.5 as latest version (and no 14.6) sometimes 14.6 (and all the other versions) showing.

I checked with firefox (regular browser) and chrome too where i have never opened factorio website (so no cached version there)

Quite confusing.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

HanziQ wrote:0.14.7 incoming, ETA 150 minutes.
:shock:

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Smarty wrote:

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

Mooncat wrote:
Smarty wrote:

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

marvtobi wrote:Something odd with the website and the download. When i refresh/reload the website repeatedly i sometimes get 14.5 as latest version (and no 14.6) sometimes 14.6 (and all the other versions) showing.

I checked with firefox (regular browser) and chrome too where i have never opened factorio website (so no cached version there)

Quite confusing.
Wait a little 0.14.6 had a mayor glitch and will be replaced by 0.14.7 in a few hours - we hope.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Smarty wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
Smarty wrote:

No, it is bad. kovarex is watching us.