Version 0.12.3

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.12.3

Post by FactorioBot »

Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.3

Post by jorgenRe »

So long, and thanks for all the fixes :D!

Oh and BTW loving the awesome new background :)!
It makes me want to create some form of smog as a mod because i just want to have something like that as soon as possible (odd to think i want something that in reality is bad for the planet :lol: ...But then i created Factorio's biggest machine so i umm guess thats fine :twisted: ) !
Meet the modular mining machine
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Align
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Align »

Like the new main menu background, a fine use for that concept art image!

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Align wrote:Like the new main menu background, a fine use for that concept art image!
The image gets distorted in windowed mode, sadly.

chris13524
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chris13524 »

What if the background image changes to a different picture every time Factorio starts? Maybe some fan art and stuff could be included too?

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

Fixed that script errors didn't stop the game, and it was possible to resume the game by pressing ESC.
Is that a fix?! I know you probably don't like that some error reports may be erroneous when you can't guarantee a valid game state, but in MP with mods it is pretty useful to be able to skip the script errors. I have yet to get a problem from this, where as it has stopped me having to reload autosave many times.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

billw wrote:Is that a fix?!
It's a necessary fix if your goal is zero desyncs.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

billw wrote:
Fixed that script errors didn't stop the game, and it was possible to resume the game by pressing ESC.
Is that a fix?! I know you probably don't like that some error reports may be erroneous when you can't guarantee a valid game state, but in MP with mods it is pretty useful to be able to skip the script errors. I have yet to get a problem from this, where as it has stopped me having to reload autosave many times.
This was not intended, and it is always a bad idea to continue the game after the error, as the internal state can be corrupted.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

billw wrote:
This was not intended, and it is always a bad idea to continue the game after the error, as the internal state can be corrupted.

Greg40
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Greg40 »

Thank's for the bug fixes

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

Love the new main menu background.
and thanks for the fixes :)

BTW - I wanted to Gift this game to several of my friends and family. but it seems there is no way of doing that.
hmmm. - This is a reason why steam would be a good thing in certain ways :)

Anyways, I hope the game will be available on (BOTH) the website itself and on steam.
Reason being is, there are people out there like myself that have lost Internet for several weeks do to the ISP technical difficulties,
or someone backing out of the driveway and the internet cable gets caught on their mirror and voila, out of internet.

this being said, Steam does not allow any games to be played unless it's actually connected to the net.
its kinda of a noose around the neck sometimes in some situations, if you know what i mean.
I hope it would be like minecraft, that it doesn't need internet if playing SP, when Factorio finally makes it on steam..
Just thought I would bring that up.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Cooolaid wrote:Love the new main menu background.
and thanks for the fixes :)

BTW - I wanted to Gift this game to several of my friends and family. but it seems there is no way of doing that.
hmmm. - This is a reason why steam would be a good thing in certain ways :)

Anyways, I hope the game will be available on (BOTH) the website itself and on steam.
Reason being is, there are people out there like myself that have lost Internet for several weeks do to the ISP technical difficulties,
or someone backing out of the driveway and the internet cable gets caught on their mirror and voila, out of internet.

this being said, Steam does not allow any games to be played unless it's actually connected to the net.
its kinda of a noose around the neck sometimes in some situations, if you know what i mean.
I hope it would be like minecraft, that it doesn't need internet if playing SP, when Factorio finally makes it on steam..
https://www.factorio.com/order and select "send upgrade code by email"

also DRM free games (lKerbal Space Program) can be started without internet access

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

ratchetfreak wrote: https://www.factorio.com/order and select "send upgrade code by email"

also DRM free games (lKerbal Space Program) can be started without internet access
Aaah. sweet :)

Also, another question, this one might be a dumb one, but I must ask :P
Lets say for example I am a (Furnace Attendant) when I purchased the game.
and I want to become a (Mining Drill Operator). Do I just pay the difference from one to the other, or do I have to pay the full amount again.?
just curious o.O

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Cooolaid wrote:
ratchetfreak wrote: https://www.factorio.com/order and select "send upgrade code by email"

Aaah. sweet :)

Also, another question, this one might be a dumb one, but I must ask :P
Lets say for example I am a (Furnace Attendant) when I purchased the game.
and I want to become a (Mining Drill Operator). Do I just pay the difference from one to the other, or do I have to pay the full amount again.?
just curious o.O
you pay the difference,

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Shift-clicking to Logistic Trash Slots

Post by Mion »

Question about Logistic Trash Slots.

I can't find information -
Why resource items (such as coal, stone, ores) and some other can "shift-click" in logistic slots, but other "solid-big" items (such assembler machine, mining drill and others) can't?

It was since 0.12.0, but I think it's a bug and wait until bugfix. But now is 0.12.3 and there is no answer.
If it is not a bug, but a feature, I wanna ask - why is it? Sometimes it needs to "trash" "big" items, and in this situation using Active Provider Storage, when there is new Feature in the game, is strangely

Win8.1x64, Factorio 0.12.3, no mods.

Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kirk »

The big items, or actually, placeable items, want to go to your hotbar when you shift-click, I think.

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

BTW to the Dev's of the game.
I purposely dont make Silo & rocket, so the game never ends.
I just keep expanding outward creating more and more factories, so I can keep playing until I get bored of the map and start over.. :P
Something I thought you should know :)

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Cooolaid wrote:BTW to the Dev's of the game.
I purposely dont make Silo & rocket, so the game never ends.
I just keep expanding outward creating more and more factories, so I can keep playing until I get bored of the map and start over.. :P
Something I thought you should know :)
When you build the Rocketsilo and fire rocket into space, the "victory-screen" pops up. There is a button called "continue". You can play on, after "finishing" the game. Also a counter appears in the upper left corner with a counter of how many rockets you fired into space ;)
You should consider building it :D
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

Schorty wrote: When you build the Rocketsilo and fire rocket into space, the "victory-screen" pops up. There is a button called "continue". You can play on, after "finishing" the game. Also a counter appears in the upper left corner with a counter of how many rockets you fired into space ;)
You should consider building it :D
Aahhh. I did not know that, thank you so much for this great info :D
every video I watched, people launch the silo missile and they show game end then video is finished.
Thank you so very much for giving me this great info. :D

runs to the base with hands in the air flapping like crazy, calls in the marines while yelling - build the silo, build the silo..!!

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Cooolaid wrote:Anyways, I hope the game will be available on (BOTH) the website itself and on steam.

Indeed, this is not steam but the specific game that has this limitation. Plenty of games on steam that do not require internet to be played.

You miss out on steam achievements and hours played stats, but you can still play them.

Return to “Releases”