Version 0.17.46

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.46

Post by FactorioBot »

Minor Features
  • Added an option to filter by has-players in the browse games GUI.
Changes
  • Tank no longer takes damage from hitting rocks.
  • Increased tank acid resistance from 50% to 70%.
  • Defender robots no longer require flying robot frames in their recipe.
  • Defender robotics technology only has Military science pack technology as a pre-requisite.
  • Defender robot damage increased from 5 to 8.
  • The Map Editor - resources - paint and spray options will show the non-infinite ore count next to the cursor.
Graphics
  • Added new higher resolution icons for resource ores with randomized variations when drawn on belts.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that global programmable speaker volume depended on the zoom level. (68119)
  • Fixed a crash related to changing biter forces. (71494)
  • Fixed that 'signal-check', 'signal-info' and 'signal-dot' were in the 'virtual-signal-color' item subgroup.
  • Fixed a new case of inserters behaving differently when rotated.
  • Fixed unexpected behaviour when it comes to dividing rail segments in some special cases. (70981)
  • Extended straight rail collision box, so there is not an empty space between individual rail entities.
  • Fixed Arithmetic Combinator sometimes outputting wrong number when setting a constant in the first field. (71492)
  • Fixed wording on the Lua Product documentation + fixed reading probability/amount_min/amount_max from Products. (71529)
  • Fixed that modded tiles in blueprints stored in the blueprint library wouldn't persist through mod enable/disable. (67917)
  • Fixed that quickbar pick item shortcut would sometimes select the wrong item when rotating quickbars in multiplayer. (71547)
  • Fixed that widget under the point of (0,0) got always hovered when mouse left the window. (71296)
  • Fixed that leaving the window while entity is selected didn't de-select the entity.
  • Fixed that a fresh stack of wires was not added back to cursor when the cursor stack was depleted. (71457)
  • Fixed that train stopped moving without a schedule. (71466)
  • Possibly worked around the game extremely flickering on some computers when rendering scenes with lot of draw calls. (69022)
  • Possibly worked around "Unknown D3D Error (0x8876017c)" preventing the game to start on some computers. (71521)
  • Fixed crash when dragging station while temporary stop being removed. (71262)
  • Fixed that train entering block that is reserved more than once by it cancelled all the reservations and opened the block for other trains after leaving (and still having another invalid reservation to it) it which could lead to train collisions and desyncs. (71409)
  • Laser turret and robot beams now render properly in the dark. (65114)
  • Fixed that in certain translations, there would be a gap between the shortcut bar and alerts if the shortcut selector was open. (71392)
  • Fixed that failed mod downloads would be incorrectly marked as successful. (71451)
  • Fixed that modded choose-elem-buttons would behave strangely when locked. (70550)
  • Fixed that the candidate_spot_count argument to the spot-noise function was ignored.
  • Fixed spitter and worm acid splashes would deal continuous damage to closed gates and trains. (71177)
  • Fixed that you could set some invalid signal combinations in combinators using lua. (71613)
  • Fixed a desync related to how Lua formatted negative zero. (67983)
Modding
  • Moved the train wait condition default times into utility-constants.
  • Fixed that it was possible to specify max_level of technology to be lower then level and crash the game by it. (71431)
  • Fixed that the game would allow invalid heat-pipe connections that would end up crashing the game. (69267)
  • The update mods GUI will now attempt to install new required dependencies. (70993)
  • Added "trigger_target_mask" to entity prototype definition and triggers as more flexible system for filtering entities in triggers.
  • Added "trigger-target-type" prototype type to define custom values for use in "trigger_target_mask". Current limit for total count of trigger-target-types is 56.
Scripting
  • Added LuaGameScript::evaluate_expression(), which can be used to calculate the technology unit cost formula at any level.
  • Added LuaProfiler::divide() to allow printing average duration.
  • Added optional snap_to_train_stop parameter to LuaGameScript::create_entity.
  • Added LuaEntity::ghost_unit_number read.
  • Added "source_index" to on_forces_merged event.
  • Added LuaStyle::padding, margin write.
  • Added LuaEntity::selected_gun_index read/write for cars.
  • Fixed that LuaForce::index was 1 larger than it was supposed to be.
  • LuaGameScript::forces can now be indexed with the name and the LuaForce::index.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.46

Post by eradicator »

Wtf...i just updated five minute ago to .45 D:.

I need an early warning system...
FactorioBot wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:17 am
Fixed that LuaForce::index was 1 larger than it was supposed to be.
If anyone had told me that was a bug i'd have reported it. This breaks all my global tables... *sigh*

But thanks for the modding interfaces.
Last edited by eradicator on Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

really good changes ! <3

ZaDarkSide
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ZaDarkSide »

My server is crashing

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Changes: fixed some bugs, added some bugs. :shock:

system
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by system »

Updated game. Now starting factorio with mods crash:
stuff
Last edited by system on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badtouchatr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by badtouchatr »

darkfrei wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:59 pm
.... but, but, but...... they're on a nuclear-fuel-powered train towards "stable"

Martinowitsch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Martinowitsch »

darkfrei wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:59 pm
It seems the patch needs a patch ;)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

zelazny@gmail.com wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:26 pm
system wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:01 pm
Updated game. Now starting factorio with mods crash:

70.458 Error Util.cpp:83: Specifying multiple group flags is invalid: "icon", "low-object"

Without mods it is able to start.
Same issue here
That one is already "fixed for next release" viewtopic.php?f=30&t=71664
(My mods are affected too)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

hiwiller
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hiwiller »

Love the new resource graphics! Can really visually assess the belt throughput now!

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

The Map Editor - resources - paint and spray options will show the non-infinite ore count next to the cursor.
This isnt working for oil.
I'd also like to see the per tile value. (ie whats under my cursor show on the right like it used to)

oil still paints faster if you use a larger brush per spot, regardless of settings. other ores do not work like that.

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

Just wanted to say that the new resources on belts still look great and they're not old news. This, as well as the new belts themselves, make a huge impact on the feel of the game for me.

Return to “Releases”