Multiple Monitor Gameplay

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

DrewTwells
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Multiple Monitor Gameplay

Post by DrewTwells »

I originally thought of this idea when I glitched my game and made it play partly on two monitors....

Is there a way to allow the game to play across monitors? I think this would be great for someone wanting to be able to see more on their screen.
Maybe someone can make a mod to do this?

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiple Monitor Gameplay

Post by MF- »

Can't your OS do that?

On linux when I can move my mouse pointer from one screen onto another,
then it means that it's technically just one big screen.

It should be easy to get a window split across monitors to begin with.

With fullscreen, not sure. It might involve some hacking at allegro or your windowmanager

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

If you run the game on two monitors I suppose (I don't have currently 2 monitors to check it) that screen split line will be exactly on the middle - it isn't very comfortable. Much better would be having separate pop-up window with eg. map or other information that you can place on second screen to have constant flow of important data. But that requires some coding.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

psorek wrote:If you run the game on two monitors I suppose (I don't have currently 2 monitors to check it) that screen split line will be exactly on the middle - it isn't very comfortable.
The solution to that is 3 monitors. :D

It works fine if you use windowed mode and stretch it across your monitors. The only problem is you can't zoom out as far when your window is not square.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ok, then the solution is four monitors. :) it has also the advantage, that I don't need to look where my character us, cause he is always in the cross center of all four monitors. ;)

Btw stretching windows across monitors doesn't work on MacOS. :(

And I see it working as in Supreme Commander, where you had one monitor for the game and the other for the tactical map. I think this could be the same here. Plus statistics, and other information.

But we need to keep in mind, that we need a control to forbid that in multiplayer, cause it is an unfair advantage.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Piranha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Piranha »

ssilk wrote:And I see it working as in Supreme Commander, where you had one monitor for the game and the other for the tactical map. I think this could be the same here. Plus statistics, and other information.

But we need to keep in mind, that we need a control to forbid that in multiplayer, cause it is an unfair advantage.

These two points are right on point. ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”