Version 2.0.11

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 2.0.11

Post by FactorioBot »

Features
  • [space-age] Asteroid collector filters can be modified by blueprint parametrisation.
  • Programmable speaker can be modified by blueprint parametrisation.
  • When imported blueprint is placed, assembling machines will be configured with the recipe even when recipe is not yet researched.
Changes
  • [space-age] Fulgora ruins now also drop iron sticks when mined so electric poles could be crafted without recyclers at the start.
  • [space-age] The "Custom minimum payload" slider for orbital logistics now offers more sensible values.
  • [space-age] Orbital logistics "Custom minimum payload" is now checked against largest possible payload before setting the filter.
  • [space-age] Cargo bays will show a warning icon when they are not connected to a Hub or Landing Pad.
Optimizations
  • Improved performance of technology GUI when viewing only essential technologies. (117044)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a crash when construction robots attempt to deliver modules in the same tick the target entity is destroyed. (116791)
  • Fixed that biter base menu simulation had more decoratives over the Wube logo than desired. (116882)
  • Tips simulation fixed with minor changes to texts (116394 116854 116442)
  • Fixed that the map editor couldn't change the spawn point of a force after it was set. (116966)
  • Fixed that the game would hang when closing the load game menu if the number of mods in the mods directory was too large on Linux. (116561)
  • Fixed incorrect pump speed reporting when pumping into a fluid wagon. (116492)
  • Fixed that pumps could not pump into a fluid wagon at full speed. (116492)
  • Fixed that inserters could get stuck if the crafting machine they're interacting with dies and is rebuilt. (116972)
  • Fixed a performance issue with ghost building. (117023)
  • Fixed achievement nucear-power to require building nuclear reactor. (116730)
  • Fixed a possible exploit of using parametrised blueprint to set unlocked recipes in assemblers. (117063)
  • Fixed that players in remote view were unable to open menu when the game was paused. (116472)
  • Fixed turrets sometimes being marked for deconstruction and rebuild if trying to upgrade through overbuilding.
  • Fixed position of car driven by local player would be delayed on minimap in multiplayer.
  • Fixed a crash related to rocket silos when adding and removing mods. (117067)
  • Fixed that zooming with buttons(keyboard or controller) would not zoom to pixel-perfect values.
  • Fixed a crash when reading cursor record of a character not assigned to a player. (116926)
  • Fixed that building with modded items did not work correctly in all cases. (116862)
  • Fixed a crash when merging forces related to chart tags. (116931)
  • Fixed that blueprinted containers would loose their settings when overbuilt over container without those settings (116130)
  • Fixed a crash when setting roboport requests to a negative value. (116996)
  • Fixed RecipePrototype::maximum_productivity was allowed to be negative. (117026)
  • Fixed rail description would suggest toggle rail layer binding when elevated-rails mod was disabled. (116885)
  • Fixed blueprints being able to produce two overlaying ghosts of tiles with the same placing item (like hazard-concrete-left/right)
  • Fixed technology GUI not updating technology cost label if the technology didn't have any science packs. (117237)
  • Fixed reading LuaTechnologyPrototype::research_trigger could throw an error. (117279)
  • Fixed modules technology icon when quality mod is disabled. (117284)
  • Fixed MapGeneratorGui would not enable reset to defaults button when changing technology price multiplier. (116864)
  • Fixed PVP scenario not having starting area protection enabled when the last player of that force logged out. (117028)
  • Fixed use-item-groups had no effects. (117367)
  • Fixed a crash when trying to render a surface which doesn't exist in a simulation. (117359)
  • Fixed crashes caused by calling missing library symbols on older macOS versions. (116227)
Modding
  • Added AssemblingMachinePrototype::disabled_when_recipe_not_researched.
Scripting
  • Added LuaEntity::insert_plan and LuaEntity::removal_plan read/write.
  • Added removal_plan parameter to LuaSurface::create_entity for item request proxies.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

StoneLegion
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 2.0.11

Post by StoneLegion »

Ahh Interesting. Is this the first Experimental Public Release now since SA released?

Thanks for all the hard work :)

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Probably because it's a Friday release.
P.S.: Nope, it's stable too, what made you think it wasn't ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

thuejk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by thuejk »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:25 am
P.S.: Nope, it's stable too, what made you think it wasn't ?
The release message above does say "check experimental updates in other settings", so it was a reasonable assumption.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

These days, we keep things experimental just for a very short time, to see if nothing critical is broken.

ener156
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ener156 »

Since the update, I have the logistics menu even though I haven't activated it yet and a new blue symbol on the right (see picture 1), when I click on it a new window comes up, which is not displayed correctly due to the UI size (see picture 2). and I noticed that I now speak German and English (see logistics window)

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

When imported blueprint is placed, assembling machines will be configured with the recipe even when recipe is not yet researched.
I'm glad this is finally in the game :). I asked for this years ago and it was denied by the developers.

It was always a needed feature.

Thanks

ghengiskhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ghengiskhan »

cant launch game since this update.
"cant launch version 2.11 with basemod 2.10"

nothing modded, fresh re-install or file-verification didnt help

StoneLegion
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by StoneLegion »

ghengiskhan wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2024 1:15 pm
cant launch game since this update.
"cant launch version 2.11 with basemod 2.10"

nothing modded, fresh re-install or file-verification didnt help
Please exit the game and verify the files via steam or if you use another method maybe re-install again.

Your basemod should = your version.

ghengiskhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ghengiskhan »

the game wouldnt even start up. steam pops up quickly and then i get the error message. and neither a full re-install or file verification fixed the propblem

StoneLegion
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by StoneLegion »

ghengiskhan wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2024 1:36 pm
the game wouldnt even start up. steam pops up quickly and then i get the error message. and neither a full re-install or file verification fixed the propblem
That is a odd one, I would if you did not already do a full reboot of the PC also just in case something in the memory or file system is locking parts of it down. As far as I know this is not normal and I have not seen others with the issue yet.

The Beaver
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by The Beaver »

Thank you so much for such a great game and such quick updates, really having a great time bonding with my young adult children, last time we all played together was back in 2014!
Last edited by The Beaver on Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghengiskhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ghengiskhan »

i tried to manually delete all the files, do a fresh installation and still nothing

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Tried switching from stable to experimental and back on steam?
It usually handles that pretty well.

ghengiskhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ghengiskhan »

is there a way to manually download the 2.0.11 base mod?

StoneLegion
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by StoneLegion »

ghengiskhan wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2024 11:40 am
is there a way to manually download the 2.0.11 base mod?
If your steam account linked to your Factorio site account it should let you download it from here the entire client:
https://factorio.com/download

ghengiskhan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ghengiskhan »

okay, that version runs. do i have to buy space age again then? i linked the steam account, but it seems like i only can download the main game

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Did you just do it ?
What do you see when you go to your Profile => Memberships ?
(I doubt it, but does inputting the Steam key for Space Age as an upgrade code work ??)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

StoneLegion
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by StoneLegion »

ghengiskhan wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2024 3:00 pm
okay, that version runs. do i have to buy space age again then? i linked the steam account, but it seems like i only can download the main game
I can download both, I had Factorio Originally on here, but I bought SA on Steam. I assume I was linked from a long time ago. If you are linked might take a bit for it to sync.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

ener156 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2024 11:53 am

Since the update, I have the logistics menu even though I haven't activated it yet and a new blue symbol on the right (see picture 1), when I click on it a new window comes up, which is not displayed correctly due to the UI size (see picture 2). and I noticed that I now speak German and English (see logistics window)
The blue button is not from vanilla/space-age, it is probably some mod.

Return to “Releases”