Version 1.1.62

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.62

Post by FactorioBot »

Minor Features
  • Added support for SRV records on Windows.
Changes
  • Integrated SDL_Mixer for audio mixing, which is now the default mixer.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a desync when canceling deconstruction of cliffs when a robot has already thrown the explosive. (102216)
  • Fixed startup mod settings would show as being able to be reset while the game is running. (102775)
  • Fixed an issue when installing mod dependencies related to base-game dependencies. (102751)
  • Fixed an issue with biter AI that could freeze the game. (102261)
  • Fixed a crash when viewing other player inventories when changing controllers. (102863)
  • Fixed that the LuaPlayer::remove_alert 'prototype' parameter wouldn't accept an actual prototype instance. (102860)
  • Fixed character inventory was not auto sorted when changing armor. (102875)
  • Fixed that the reset-to-default tooltip for string mod settings wasn't fully localised. (102847)
Modding
  • Modded tips and tricks information is remembered when the associated mods are temporarily removed/disabled.
  • Added support for container entities with filters by using inventory_type = "with_bar" or "with_filters_and_bar".
  • Added EntityPrototype::build_grid_size. Supported values are 1 (for 1x1 grid) and 2 (for 2x2 grid).
  • Added EntityPrototype::use_exact_mode.
  • Added support for circuit connections to linked containers.
Scripting
  • Added support to set player.opened to script inventories.
  • LuaEntity::get_connected_rail also returns rail_direction and rail_connection_direction going back to origin rail.
  • Added on_pre_ghost_upgraded event.
  • Added LuaEntity::get_rail_segment_rails.
  • Added LuaEntity::is_rail_in_same_rail_segment_as.
  • Added LuaEntity::is_rail_in_same_rail_block_as.
  • Added LuaEntity::get_parent_signals.
  • Added LuaEntity::get_child_signals.
  • Added LuaEntity::get_inbound_signals.
  • Added LuaEntity::get_outbound_signals.
  • Added LuaEntity::rocket_silo_status read and defines.rocket_silo_status
  • Added LuaBootstrap::register_metatable.
  • Added LuaLogisticNetwork::can_satisfy_request.
  • Added LuaLogisticNetwork::get_supply_counts.
  • Added LuaLogisticNetwork::get_supply_points.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::use_exact_mode read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::active_energy_usage, idle_energy_usage, lamp_energy_usage reads.
  • Added rocket_silo_input, rocket_silo_output, rocket_silo_modules inventory defines.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.62

Post by JaJe »

Minor Features
Added support for SRV records on Windows.
Care to explain what is this?

EDIT:
I found this: https://www.pair.com/support/kb/what-is-an-srv-record/

EDIT 2:
My only question is, what are benefits of this for Factorio? In which circumstances it is useful?

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

This version was changed to using SDL as the back-end for audio. Please let us know if you have compatibility issues, audio glitches or any audio issues in general compared to the previous version. Thanks.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

JaJe wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:48 pm
Minor Features
Added support for SRV records on Windows.
Care to explain what is this?

EDIT:
I found this: https://www.pair.com/support/kb/what-is-an-srv-record/

EDIT 2:
My only question is, what are benefits of this for Factorio? In which circumstances it is useful?
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=21276

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

The audio seems much improved in clarity, especially evident in a test save I created a long time ago with a Warptorio platform and huge attack waves against a dense turret array.

I noticed some oddities with massive numbers of explosions (chain-detonating explosive nests) being completely silent (a disappointment similar to distant nukes being silent in the base game) but that may be a result of the mod (explosive biters) so I'll have to test more.

Probably the most significant thing I've noticed is that there's a delay and then an abrupt switch in audio intensity when running between similar arrays of machines. When standing still, things are dramatically better, but when moving it's noticeable. Much better than some of the effects from dense sounds cutting in and out before, and in fact quite understandable, but still significant.

Depending on where exactly you stop running north/south in a situation like this the sound level will jump all at once to a new intensity (with a skip in the audio as well) after a moment.
turbines.png
turbines.png (2.04 MiB) Viewed 14368 times

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

Improving the audio clarity when a lot is going on (big enemy attacks) is definitely on our radar and in progress. The mixer itself won't do much there.
When it comes to massive number of anything producing sounds, you might be hitting the hard limit on the number of sounds that can play at the same time. If you have a save to share I can look into that specific case.

I'm aware of a couple of issues with working sounds, and pipes and turbines may be two of the worst offenders.

johnLate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by johnLate »

Twinsen wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:57 pm
This version was changed to using SDL as the back-end for audio. Please let us know if you have compatibility issues, audio glitches or any audio issues in general compared to the previous version. Thanks.
I have no audio at all on arch linux with pipewire. It also hangs on quit and requires double-CTRL-C.

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

johnLate wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:52 pm
I have no audio at all on arch linux with pipewire. It also hangs on quit and requires double-CTRL-C.
Which version of pipewire are you running and do you have pipewire-alsa installed?

mm177a
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mm177a »

I can also confirm audio issues on Kubuntu Linux 20.04 with ALSA. On startup the music is playing, in game is silence. Also same issue when trying to quit.

alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu5
alsa-topology-conf 1.2.2-1
alsa-ucm-conf 1.2.2-1ubuntu0.13
alsa-utils 1.2.2-1ubuntu2.1

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

Let's move these to Bug Reports to keep track

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

In the meantime it's possible to switch back to the previous Allegro audio backend.
Ctrl-Alt-Click settings => The rest => audio-backend => set to "allegro" and then restart the game. Or you can edit the config.ini, search for audio-backend and change that line to "audio-backend=allegro" (no semicolon at the beginning).

Usul
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Usul »

I noticed that for the first time, the game did NOT have to reboot after updating a mod that is not activated! This makes sense! Thank you!

However, this change is not mentioned in these release notes.

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

As stated in viewtopic.php?f=7&t=102981, the SDL audio backend on Linux uses the ALSA driver. You will need either pulseaudio-alsa or pipewire-alsa package for it to work, depending on what you're using.
Edit: Make sure you don't have both pulseaudio-alsa and pipewire-alsa installed.

For completeness, on Windows, WASAPI is used and Core Audio is used on Mac.

Ceisc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ceisc »

johnLate wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:52 pm
Twinsen wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:57 pm
Pop!OS 22.04 also has no sound and requires double ctrl-c to exit. Changing from "default" to "allegro" audio backend resolves both of these.

ErnieVanDyke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ErnieVanDyke »

With the new version Factorio crashes on my PC, Windows 10 Pro.

I checked the 1.1.61 version and everything is fine.
I also checked the allegro audio system but it is still crashing.

ErnieVanDyke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ErnieVanDyke »

ErnieVanDyke wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:38 pm
With the new version Factorio crashes on my PC, Windows 10 Pro.

I checked the 1.1.61 version and everything is fine.
I also checked the allegro audio system but it is still crashing.
here is the Windows log about it:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Factorio.exe, Version: 1.1.62.59925, Zeitstempel: 0x62dfd129
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.1806, Zeitstempel: 0x1000a5b9
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000374
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000ff609
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x25d8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d8a12129a683b8
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\bin\x64\Factorio.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Berichtskennung: 9d5266d1-aba9-4ba1-8dca-2097d62e5c43
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Sorry for the german language, but the error comes from the ntdll.dll file.
It is a Windows System file so far i got...

I hope this info will be helpfull ;)

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

ErnieVanDyke wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:21 pm

here is the Windows log about it:
Name of the faulting application: Factorio.exe, Version: 1.1.62.59925, time stamp: 0x62dfd129
Name of the faulting Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.1806, time stamp: 0x1000a5b9
exception code: 0xc0000374
Error offset: 0x00000000000ff609
ID of the faulty process: 0x25d8
Start time of the faulting application: 0x01d8a12129a683b8
Path of the faulting application: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\bin\x64\Factorio.exe
Path of the faulty module: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
report identifier: 9d5266d1-aba9-4ba1-8dca-2097d62e5c43
Full name of the faulting package:
Application ID relative to the faulty package:

Sorry for the german language, but the error comes from the ntdll.dll file.
It is a Windows System file so far i got...

I hope this info will be helpfull ;)
I was able to translate the German text very easily, it took me under 5 minutes in my Samsung Tab 10 (from 2011, yes) - shouldn't be an issue :) never apologise for who you are, in this age of technology we are able to overcome our differences much easier,

Hope this helped
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Jerymyas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jerymyas »

Donion wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:10 pm
In the meantime it's possible to switch back to the previous Allegro audio backend.
Ctrl-Alt-Click settings => The rest => audio-backend => set to "allegro" and then restart the game. Or you can edit the config.ini, search for audio-backend and change that line to "audio-backend=allegro" (no semicolon at the beginning).
Thanks, that helps solving the prob. The new version constantly crashes my pc and slowes the game including the gamestart - it takes 2 min to start it and then it mostly crashed in the startmenu :o !

ErnieVanDyke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ErnieVanDyke »

Jerymyas wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:05 am
Donion wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:10 pm
Thanks, that helps solving the prob. The new version constantly crashes my pc and slowes the game including the gamestart - it takes 2 min to start it and then it mostly crashed in the startmenu :o !
Yes, same here on my PC.

Return to “Releases”