Version 1.1.58

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 1.1.58

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Significantly reduced the intensity of the red screen flash when the player character takes damage.
  • Changed fish so they won't swim into inactive chunks. (102295)
  • Changed slowdown capsule and posion capsule icons to be matching in size. (85558)
  • Added email authentication to login GUIs.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that overwriting ItemRequestProxy item requests wasn't working properly in some cases when the same item was already requested. (102022)
  • Fixed that loading a mod with a corrupted image file would crash the whole game on Linux. (102067)
  • Fixed a crash with ghost overbuilding and script interactions. (102136)
  • Fixed that infinite technologies didn't respect ignore_tech_cost_multiplier. (102179)
  • Fixed that LuaEntity::belt_neighbours didn't work on ghosts. (102178)
  • Fixed an issue with item-with-inventory extending inventories and quickbars. (102095)
  • Fixed that a train stop helper would not draw when hovering inserters next to rails that were not straight connected to a train stop. (101954)
  • Fixed a crash when fast replacing electric pole marked to be deconstructed when there is another ghost pole on top of it. (101536)
  • Fixed a crash when creating a blueprint with connected electric pole while it has an upgrade target set to not electric pole. (101375)
  • Removed a NaN check when loading map. (102198)
  • Fixed a screenshot for save file preview would not account for a force of a player. (102090)
  • Removed duplicated frame in grenade and cluster grenade animation. (102060)
  • Fixed a map loading issue when changing mod dependencies and nothing else. (102253)
  • Fixed a crash when trying to perform some actions while in multiplayer. (101609)
  • Fixed rotating entities with non-symetric bounding boxes didn't work correctly. (101611)
  • Fixed that already built pipes to ground could show removal indicators for pipes they are bridging when selected.
  • Fixed the runtime multiplayer settings GUI wouldn't fit on screen. (102272)
  • Fixed that inserters could be flipped in some cases when they weren't supposed to allow it. (102294)
  • Fixed that cliff deconstruction wasn't issued when the corrected cliff collision box overlapped with ghost entities. (66400)
Scripting
  • Added on_research_cancelled.
  • Added on_player_reverse_selected_area.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

BlacKcuD
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.58

Post by BlacKcuD »

What was the reasoning behind the red flash change?
Modded Multiplayer Mega Bases Only!

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I'm guessing epilepsy-triggering risks ?

P.S.: No more fish «event horizon» ! :lol:
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

ixu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ixu »

FactorioBot wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 1:48 pm
[*]Added on_research_cancelled.
Thank you very much!
Mods: ingteb, ixuClock, ixuAutoSave, NoCheating, hardCrafting (Maintainer) and more
Desperately tried to implement redo :)

Seaish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Seaish »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Fixed that cliff deconstruction wasn't issued when the corrected cliff collision box overlapped with ghost entities. (66400)
Finally! Thank you! You said this was difficult to fix so I'm wondering how you did it.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

FactorioBot wrote:
  • Significantly reduced the intensity of the red screen flash when the player character takes damage.
Hey, this is great! I'll have to give that a try at some point without the mod that reduces the intensity to see if it's better as is. :)
BlacKcuD wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 2:16 pm
What was the reasoning behind the red flash change?
I'm not sure on their reasoning, but I know I didn't like it because it was hard to see what was going on while it was flashing. I've been using this mod to correct it for me: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/reduce_damage_flash
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ixu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ixu »

It seems that the on_research_cancelled-event is only raised when the research is cancelled by built-in game gui. No event is raised when canellation is done via research-queue-mod like sonaxaton-research-queue.
Mods: ingteb, ixuClock, ixuAutoSave, NoCheating, hardCrafting (Maintainer) and more

Khagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Khagan »

FactorioBot wrote:
At last! This has been a recurring irritation, for ages now the only obvious bug in normal vanilla gameplay.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

FactorioBot wrote:
[*]Fixed an issue with item-with-inventory extending inventories and quickbars. (102095)
So while skimming through the changelog I noticed the bit about "extending toolbars" and thought longer toolbars? I want that. (Specifically I want more toolbar slots without the toolbar taking up too much vertical space. So extend the toolbars horizontally). Unfortunately from the bug report, it sounds like the mod doesn't do that.

So I'm wondering if the mod api allows extending the length of toolbars to perhaps 20-30 slots. Alternatively is there a mod out that that allows players to add more toolbar-like slots (allowing mouse access to items and/or blueprints. I don't care about keyboard shortcuts).

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Zavian wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:44 am
FactorioBot wrote:
[*]Fixed an issue with item-with-inventory extending inventories and quickbars. (102095)
Alternatively is there a mod out that that allows players to add more toolbar-like slots (allowing mouse access to items and/or blueprints. I don't care about keyboard shortcuts).
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Placeables
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Xorimuth wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:43 am
Zavian wrote:
Alternatively is there a mod out that that allows players to add more toolbar-like slots (allowing mouse access to items and/or blueprints. I don't care about keyboard shortcuts).
Thanks

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Hell yeah, fuck those cliffs!
Finally you can be sure robots willl deal with them without further intervention.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Xorimuth wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:43 am
Zavian wrote:
FactorioBot wrote:
Yeah, also (kind of) : Helmod => Pin Production Block => Pipette tool + HotCraft + Intermediates in your inventory
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

ixu wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:33 pm
It seems that the on_research_cancelled-event is only raised when the research is cancelled by built-in game gui. No event is raised when canellation is done via research-queue-mod like sonaxaton-research-queue.
It's raised when the cancel function is used: either through the GUI or through the cancel API: https://lua-api.factorio.com/1.1.58/Lua ... t_research
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ixu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ixu »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:49 pm
ixu wrote:
It's raised when the cancel function is used: either through the GUI or through the cancel API: https://lua-api.factorio.com/1.1.58/Lua ... t_research
The mod I mentioned uses the setter of research-queue to cancel the research.
https://lua-api.factorio.com/1.1.58/Lua ... arch_queue
Shouldn't that be supported as well?

edited: broken link fixed
Last edited by ixu on Tue May 03, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

ixu wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:15 pm
Rseding91 wrote:
ixu wrote:
https://lua-api.factorio.com/1.1.58/Lua ... %20%5BRead
Your link appears to be broken. Here's one that works for me: https://lua-api.factorio.com/1.1.58/Lua ... arch_queue
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ixu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ixu »

While I'm on the subject of grumbling: The event interface of on_research_cancelled is also different from the previous research queue events:
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (101.13 KiB) Viewed 11723 times
This is a bit annoying, as you very often need a common handler for all on_research_xxx events. (However, I would like it better if the "old" events also had this new interface, but that's probably too late to change).

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

ixu wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:15 pm
Rseding91 wrote:
ixu wrote:
https://lua-api.factorio.com/1.1.58/Lua ... arch_queue

edited: broken link fixed
Maybe. It's similar to the act of killing an entity vs destroying an entity with destroy(). One will generate the on-entity-killed event and one generates no events. Overwriting the research queue is similar to the "destroy" vs canceling the active research and re-queuing anything that should be queued.
ixu wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:31 pm
While I'm on the subject of grumbling: The event interface of on_research_cancelled is also different from the previous research queue events:
This is a bit annoying, as you very often need a common handler for all on_research_xxx events. (However, I would like it better if the "old" events also had this new interface, but that's probably too late to change).
Different events have different data. That's just how events work. Sometimes the data is the same, sometimes it's not. But there are no guarantees that two events with the same data will always have the same data.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ixu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ixu »

Sorry for complaining so much.
Perhaps the documentation should mention that the force is also provided in event interface.

Therenas
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Therenas »

ixu wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:25 pm
Sorry for complaining so much.
Perhaps the documentation should mention that the force is also provided in event interface.
Good spot, I fixed the docs for the next release.

Return to “Releases”