We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by enterisys »

jodokus31 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:30 am
Collapse of sovjet union is something, he probably could have changed. WW2 was before his time.
Please read carefully: "collapse of the USSR the biggest geopolitical catastrophe of the century"
jodokus31 wrote:
"Russian lie all the time" needs also to be proven. Just several examples of lies (if they really are, which I don't want to contest right know) does prove nothing. It's more according to the saying: If somebody lies one time, he always lie.
If you say "russians lie all the time", it is also wrong from pure logical angle. Somebody cannot always lie, because he won't be able to communicate
Also some insults don't prove anything.
I mean there is almost of 70 pages of debunking russian fakes. You sure read through all of them to make your own conclusions?
jodokus31 wrote:
So, after USSR collapsed or disbanded or whatever (which also was a bit fishy IMO), they dream of reunion. Is there anything bad about that? I mean, there are a lot of people in those countries, who don't want that, I get that.
But that also is not "conquering as much territories...in the world"

IMO, the sentence is a conscious exaggeration, which helps to create a concept of an enemy.
But please proof me wrong...
Yes Ukraine, Georgia dreamed about reunion with USSR, then why they got invaded by friendly neighbour. If thats not conquest then what is?
Last edited by enterisys on Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

A bit more quality photo of russian success: 1 ship went full nahui, 2 more smokey nahui.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:44 am
Yes Ukraine, Georgia dreamed about reunion with USSR that why they got invaded by friendly neighbour. If thats not conquest then what is?
Georgia :shock: captured by russians ? Wow ,how fast. Back in January, I went boarding in the Georgian mountains.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:48 am
enterisys wrote:
Yes Ukraine, Georgia dreamed about reunion with USSR that why they got invaded by friendly neighbour. If thats not conquest then what is?
Georgia :shock: captured by russians ? Wow ,how fast. Back in January, I went boarding in the Georgian mountains.
Read again, use google translate.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:50 am
Djmixxx wrote:
enterisys wrote:
google translate:
Да Украина, Грузия мечтали о воссоединении с СССР, поэтому на них напал дружественный сосед. Если это не завоевание, то что?

Где и кто и кого ЗАВОЕВАЛ ?

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:52 am
enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:50 am
Djmixxx wrote:
enterisys wrote:
google translate:
Да Украина, Грузия мечтали о воссоединении с СССР, поэтому на них напал дружественный сосед. Если это не завоевание, то что?

Где и кто и кого ЗАВОЕВАЛ ?
Sorry I dont speak orcish, but are those russian bordering Georgian's territories with russian armies in them?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mmmPI wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:41 am
jodokus31 wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:18 am
I have also heard Putin says that he thought the collapse of the USSR was the most tragic event of the 20th century because it left 33 million (ethnic)russian out of the Russian federation. Those includes all the people that were sent by former USSR to "russify" certain area. But also many people in the modern industrial cities made by the USSR at the time of their high.
So, after USSR collapsed or disbanded or whatever (which also was a bit fishy IMO), they dream of reunion. Is there anything bad about that? I mean, there are a lot of people in those countries, who don't want that, I get that.
But that also is not "conquering as much territories...in the world"

IMO, the sentence is a conscious exaggeration, which helps to create a concept of an enemy.
But please proof me wrong...
What part is an exaggeration ? the 33 million is not my figure, i quote it from a speech of mister putin i heard that's the official figure from the russian gouvernment and it's not really constested as far as i know.

I am not the one calling "good" and "bad" label on things, i try not to use such simplistic terms, there is nothing "bad" in having a dream, the reality is a not a dreamworld that is unique for everyone though , one definition of the freedom, is that it's stops where someone's else freedom starts, if a minority people want my country to become a califate and dream about it's not my dream, who decide who's dream is valuable ? The concept of independance and soverignty, territorial integrity, those are the basis of the attempt mankind made to have some code of conduct such as laws, to prevent escalation of conflict into violence.

Who is the "they" ?

i haven't used the term "conquering as much territories" myself so please don't accuse me of exageration for this term, i used the term expansion, and i didn't say it was my belief personnaly, i said that people like djmixxxx say it, also that there speech of putin that could indiquate a will of expansion, i also said that the kremlin voice say it's re-conquest from lost territory by the USSR and pointed out as the political project of novorossyia as something that is factual and could indicate an "intention" even though i carefully said you can't proove an intention, one can only inform and make its own opinion.
I'm sorry, i don't mean any of your sentence, Your post was a source of info. I'm still talking about:
enterisys wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:58 pm
His biggest ambition is conquering as much territories and for his ancestors to remember him as biggest tzar in the world, and not destroying everything.
I'm gonna add that to my original post

"they" is still russian government, although I think many russian people are not against that dream.

CSO
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CSO »

You might be interested in another perspective of why it happened!
A reputable and knowledgeable American Professor has an interesting commentary of why he believes the west (USA) is partly to blame for whats going on in Ukraine.

Putin's Invasion of Ukraine (John Mearsheimer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppD_bhWODDc

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:56 am
Sorry I dont speak orcish, but are those russian bordering Georgian's territories with russian armies in them?
As I understand it, these two unrecognized countries are to blame for not asking for help from NATO? In August 1992, the political confrontation between the Supreme Council of Abkhazia and the leadership of Georgia escalated into a series of armed clashes in connection with the entry into the territory of Abkhazia of the forces of the National Guard of Georgia.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

CSO wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:19 am
I can only pass my thoughts and prayers on to both the people of Ukraine and of Russia who are caught up in this political cesspool.
Good and right words. Thanks.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

CSO wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:15 pm
A reputable and knowledgeable American Professor has an interesting commentary of why he believes the west (USA) is partly to blame for whats going on in Ukraine.

Interesting opinion, but seeing USA is neutral in the conflict why are they not protecting something that this professor claims they are partly blamed for?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

jodokus31 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:04 pm
I'm sorry, i don't mean any of your sentence
That's ok, some of them it's possible are exageration, it happens when facing someone that is full of bad faith when you are just trying to inform, i think it's a natural reaction /perception biais if you label inconscously or consciously someone as "dishonnest" like i did with djimixxx, which i consider is here to spread a particular point of view of when you catch someone liying once, then you label them "liar" and reconsider ALL their saying. The exageration i try to avoid but when someone is so biaised, the tentation of mirroring it's point of view is tempting, although counter productive because it would mean you are on the same level of disinformation. But that still can happen from me, i do mistakes !

jodokus31 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:04 pm
"they" is still russian government, although I think many russian people are not against that dream.
Russian government i would say definitly, although not always openly spoken.

Some russian feeling discriminated in their herited country, i have read reports.

Some russian feeling disconnected with their familiy that now lives in a foreign country due to new borders i can understand that.

But i can also imagine there are many person willing to not look at the past like it's an objective to restaure, but turn toward the future, a peaceful and prosperous future in a place you can call home.

The war ruined this all, it created hatred between brothers ? cousins ? neighbour ? it made the russian people living outside of russia worse in my opinion, those very people that were supposedly helped by the war, russian minorities in many country that are west-oriented will be looked down if they express their feeling for Russia because it will be associated with the war, but there are other things that Russia could be doing and be famous for to make those person prouds and the russian citizens too.

Russia is a space power, why focus on military and war ? and not baffle the world with space progress like they did with sputnik ? now sputnik is just the name of a lowly trusted media franchise ? Maybe the government-sponsored dream is one that leaves no room for the dream of the neighbours ? Why dream of imposing things onto other people that also have their dream ?

I feel in the west advertising is giving dream of consumerism to people and they paint "evil" the threat to consumerism , and in russia it's the government that is giving war/conquest dream to their citizens. I personnaly put the blame to what is often refered to as "hawk" vs "dove" those that promote aggressive policies. It leads to escalation and war.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:26 pm
enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:56 am
As I understand it, these two unrecognized countries are to blame for not asking for help from NATO? In August 1992, the political confrontation between the Supreme Council of Abkhazia and the leadership of Georgia escalated into a series of armed clashes in connection with the entry into the territory of Abkhazia of the forces of the National Guard of Georgia.
They are not unrecognized countries, they were autonomous parts of Georgian SSR. And now putin divided them artificially with help of his army. No, not conquest at all.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

CSO wrote:

Why do you say another ?

tuhe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tuhe »

CSO wrote:

Hi,

Just to make sure we are on the same page. Do you agree there is a war in Ukraine, and that Russia has invaded Ukraine?
As you can properly tell, this page is getting inundated with videos. Can you explain in your own words why "the west" is to blame for Russia's invasion and not Russia?
Do you feel Russia's invasion is justified?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:36 pm
They are not unrecognized countries, they were autonomous parts of Georgian SSR. And now putin divided them artificially with help of his army. No, not conquest at all.

It was necessary to wait until Georgia sorts itself out? Okay. What has NATO forgotten in Yugoslavia? You love it when countries themselves deal with their problems.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

CSO wrote:

I forgot to warn you, You can not criticize the authorities of Ukraine or the United States here. Since they are united with the people and criticizing the authorities, you mean all civilians.
It's strange that you don't know this. From every iron of the European Union they talk about it.

enterisys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by enterisys »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:44 pm
enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:36 pm

It was necessary to wait until Georgia sorts itself out? Okay. What has NATO forgotten in Yugoslavia? You love it when countries themselves deal with their problems.
Thats exactly what I thought. Why did putin interfere...

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:46 pm
I forgot to warn you, You can not criticize the authorities of Ukraine or the United States here. Since they are united with the people and criticizing the authorities, you mean all civilians.
It's strange that you don't know this. From every iron of the European Union they talk about it.
Your 300 + post all in the same topic for which you registered and posted only in here seem to proove that it is fairly possible on this topic to do the apology of the war with gross exageration without being blocked

But wait that's interesting ? is that one of your friend ? how could you have warn him ?

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:48 pm
Thats exactly what I thought. Why did putin interfere...
Looking how it did NATO and do the same. Nothing new.

Return to “News”