Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Mecejide »

Krastorio 2 is actually somewhat compatible with Angels.

nershir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nershir »

Hello! I wanted to use Angels mods with transport drones mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Transport_Drones. I have quickly found out that it is impossible to request some of the basic items like iron plates as they are not displayed in the request window (screenshot with all tech unlocked https://monosnap.com/file/UCKulmVQqFfvL ... TqQiWpKop4). I'm missing also other items from Angel smelting in that tab (quite a lot of them). First I went to transport drones author discord but only got a response that "Most likely the Angel Bob does something to the items in Data.Final-Fixes.lua".
Prepared a save to make it easier https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_oQlb0 ... sp=sharing.

Is this something that can be changed/fixed or are those mods not compatible?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

nershir wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:25 am
Hello! I wanted to use Angels mods with transport drones mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Transport_Drones. I have quickly found out that it is impossible to request some of the basic items like iron plates as they are not displayed in the request window (screenshot with all tech unlocked https://monosnap.com/file/UCKulmVQqFfvL ... TqQiWpKop4). I'm missing also other items from Angel smelting in that tab (quite a lot of them). First I went to transport drones author discord but only got a response that "Most likely the Angel Bob does something to the items in Data.Final-Fixes.lua".
Prepared a save to make it easier https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_oQlb0 ... sp=sharing.

"Most likely the Angel Bob does something to the items in Data.Final-Fixes.lua".
This is not true, the items are finished updating in data-updates. This is nothing wrong with angels mods. Especially the iron plates for example, which are added by the base game, and only receive graphics updates in data-updates shoudn't be an issue for sure! The prototype order can also be found using the prototype browser (ctrl + e) ingame. In the worse case, the transport drones could add a hidden prerequisite ( by adding a prerequisite with the explenation mark between brackets, as in: "(?)" without the quotes) to make sure angels mods load before transport drones.

EDIT: I did have a deeper look into this. So basically the building is an assembler and you set a recipe. I've searched for the recipe, and I did find it for this iron-plate in particular as you see in the picture below. It is changed by petrochem, where it basically converts the pet gas to methane gas. Other than that, angels does not change anything. Since the other recipes also use methane gas, I do not see this being an issue.
2020-08-19_234356.png
2020-08-19_234356.png (66.39 KiB) Viewed 4843 times
Last edited by lovely_santa on Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

ridesdragons
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ridesdragons »

lovely_santa wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:42 pm
Space exploration and krastorio 2 are compatible nowadays...
ah, didn't realize that. I did see that he recommends earendel's mods, but when he said "we recommend to you all mods", I didn't think he really meant all mods. I figured it was all mods except that one total overhaul mod lol. it does say it doesn't work with other major overhauls.

ok, revised. krastorio works with space exploration. but neither space exploration (at the moment) nor krastorio work with angels, and you (hetakin) should probably listen when a mod specifically names other mods as incompatibilities. it'll save you frustration when stuff inevitably breaks and you can't get support, and are forced to turn the mods off and restart.

again, if you're using 0.2 space exploration, it might be compatible with angels, but I couldn't say, I only discovered space exploration this week lol

nershir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nershir »

lovely_santa wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:46 pm
nershir wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:25 am

"Most likely the Angel Bob does something to the items in Data.Final-Fixes.lua".
This is not true, the items are finished updating in data-updates. This is nothing wrong with angels mods. Especially the iron plates for example, which are added by the base game, and only receive graphics updates in data-updates shoudn't be an issue for sure! The prototype order can also be found using the prototype browser (ctrl + e) ingame. In the worse case, the transport drones could add a hidden prerequisite ( by adding a prerequisite with the explenation mark between brackets, as in: "(?)" without the quotes) to make sure angels mods load before transport drones.
Thanks for the response! :) I'll create a topic for transport drones and link your message in it.

Zoocrewus97
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zoocrewus97 »

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I'm unable to create a new game with angels that has biters, in the world creation screen it adds a blank template that spawns no biters and even changing to a new template doesn't fix it. I've even gone in game to look for them and nothing. I turn them off and it works again, I guess this might be some strange bug with angels not being 1.0 yet?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Zoocrewus97 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:08 am
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I'm unable to create a new game with angels that has biters, in the world creation screen it adds a blank template that spawns no biters and even changing to a new template doesn't fix it. I've even gone in game to look for them and nothing. I turn them off and it works again, I guess this might be some strange bug with angels not being 1.0 yet?
Not a bug, it's a startup setting in refining, see this comment. In the next update we were able to change this to a new map gen setting for biters. When starting a new game there are some bugs that you don't get an ore crusher as well, which is also fixed for the next release.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

doria_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by doria_ »

When Angel's Refining and BOB are together, Spar Treatment 2 cannot be studied, indicating that the pre-research has not been completed.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 4789 times

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

tobinyehle@gmail.com wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:20 pm
I'm playing without bobs mods, and I can't seem to research the advanced steel smelting process, maybe because of missing required techs that aren't there without bobs installed?

steel-fail.png
Fixed for the next release! It was a missing manganese prerequisite that didn't remove correctly.
2020-08-20_160603.png
2020-08-20_160603.png (63.1 KiB) Viewed 4774 times
doria_ wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:04 am
When Angel's Refining and BOB are together, Spar Treatment 2 cannot be studied, indicating that the pre-research has not been completed.
We did some work on those technologies in the next release, and I can't seem to reproduce this, so it might be fixed. Can you upload a save file so I can double check with your mods?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Bug in the industry mod with blocks on:
Algae farm 2 has production block 3 in recipe, all other blocks are 1. Seems like misspelling somewhere since block 3 is orange tech.

doria_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by doria_ »

lovely_santa wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:13 pm
tobinyehle@gmail.com wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:20 pm
I'm playing without bobs mods, and I can't seem to research the advanced steel smelting process, maybe because of missing required techs that aren't there without bobs installed?

steel-fail.png
Fixed for the next release! It was a missing manganese prerequisite that didn't remove correctly.
2020-08-20_160603.png
doria_ wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:04 am
We did some work on those technologies in the next release, and I can't seem to reproduce this, so it might be fixed. Can you upload a save file so I can double check with your mods?
Is the latest version of the game
Attachments
1.png
1.png (79.01 KiB) Viewed 4691 times

pertm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pertm »

When setting deconstruction planner for trees and rocks it does not mark crystal rock for deconstruction.

Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zarnoo »

orzelek wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:37 am
lovely_santa wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:17 am
Zarnoo wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:56 am
I have never had anything but good things to say for these mods.. until now. This option is just stupid !! Why remove biters AND pollution by default ?? I get having the option there, but the default should be to have the same gameplay as vanilla. I hadn't realized that this was a setting, and thought "very quiet game", until I then also spotted no pollution. Since this is a startup option, that's an entire game ruined.
Angels is too difficult, especially when playing with industry overhauls. When not playing with exploration, we turn biters off to balance it. When adding angels exploration, biters will be enabled again by default. It was also explicitly mentioned in the changelog, as usual.
Maybe put a message through print on game start that says that biters are disabled through setting?
It would point out to players that this is happenning right away.
I don't agree that angels is too difficult, it's a challenge, but I like it that way. If I get to the rocket every time it'd be boring. However agree that there should be something a little more obvious. I read the detail before installing a mod, but not every changelog every time a developer updates a feature. Things that fundamentally change the game should be a little more obviously called out. A one-time message in the upgrade script maybe ?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Zarnoo wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:14 pm
orzelek wrote:
lovely_santa wrote:
Zarnoo wrote:
I have never had anything but good things to say for these mods.. until now. This option is just stupid !! Why remove biters AND pollution by default ?? I get having the option there, but the default should be to have the same gameplay as vanilla. I hadn't realized that this was a setting, and thought "very quiet game", until I then also spotted no pollution. Since this is a startup option, that's an entire game ruined.
Angels is too difficult, especially when playing with industry overhauls. When not playing with exploration, we turn biters off to balance it. When adding angels exploration, biters will be enabled again by default. It was also explicitly mentioned in the changelog, as usual.
Maybe put a message through print on game start that says that biters are disabled through setting?
I don't agree that angels is too difficult, it's a challenge, but I like it that way. If I get to the rocket every time it'd be boring. However agree that there should be something a little more obvious. I read the detail before installing a mod, but not every changelog every time a developer updates a feature. Things that fundamentally change the game should be a little more obviously called out. A one-time message in the upgrade script maybe ?
Go to industry mod options and enable both overhauls if it's not difficult enough :D

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Zarnoo wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:14 pm
orzelek wrote:
lovely_santa wrote:
Zarnoo wrote:
The newest release of Angel's Refining addresses this.
changelog of Angel's Refining 0.11.16
[…]
- Biter balance (354):
- Biter received an additional map gen setting to choose the size of biters between none and
the 'normal' amount. The 'normal' amount is still defined (and controllable) with the
settings that are available in the base game.
- Removed the old setting solution as this is now replaced with a more tweakable and usable
solution
[…]
So from that version on, the deactivation of biters is transparently handled via map gen settings. Would you need it more obvious than that?

Panthro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Panthro »

How to you turn Biter back on in the setting? I cannot see an option to enable biters..
Thx

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Panthro wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:59 pm
How to you turn Biter back on in the setting? I cannot see an option to enable biters..
Thx
Angel's Refining 0.11.16 (released yesterday) introduces a new setting labelled "Angel's Enemy Multiplyer" in the "Enemies" tab of the Map Generator.
Its tooltip explicitly says that enemies will only be generated if the size value of this multiplyer is bigger than 100%.

The previous solution with a mod setting was removed in that same version.

Panthro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Panthro »

K ths for the quick response and info. game was getting furstratingnot having enemies.. :D

Bronu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bronu »

Hi
I have a Problem with Chemical Fabrics. Since a week or so, i cannot produce the Liquid for Science Pack anymore in Angels Chemical fabric. The Game say i need a Vanilla Chemical fabric, but i dont have this...
Every Help is welcome.

Panthro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Panthro »

I dont have that enemy mutipyler option in my enemies tab! I have the same angel refing 11.6 mod from yesterday but the enemy multipyer option is not available

Return to “Angels Mods”