Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by lovely_santa »

emp_zealoth wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:00 pm
valneq wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:42 am
emp_zealoth wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:06 pm
Is it just kinda pointless way to try and get different gardens before mutation?
Garden mutations should not exist anymore.
Angel's Bioprocessing 0.7.9 changelog wrote:
  • Special gardens are now easier to (re)produce:
    • Reduces requirement to explore big sections of the map for gardens
    • Replaced Garden Mutation with Garden Cultivation, which is now red science
    • Altered the Garden duplication recipes to give certainly more gardens as output
Garden cultivation is negative on plant life samples, but garden duplication is positive. Those are different recipes. The latter one is unlocked by the specialized farming techs. Therefore you still need a couple of gardens to kickstart the entire process.
I would suggest lowering the time it takes to run 32 bio-token extraction to same effective time as it takes to run Garden Cultivation in a basic farm. Right now it takes 6.66 seed extractors per one basic farm and it's real annoying to deal with, since net gain is only 2 tokens per minute, and you end up with basically a dozen or more "dead" gardens stuck in extractors (since they will load up to two extra per extractor) and there isn't really any good ways of preventing it, especially since you have to consider that for just 10 specialized farms you need 134 (!!!) seed extractors

Took me like 30 IRL hours (or even more, I just left it to do a zyllion other things) just to have it fill up enough so that it starts to generate suprlus
I could round off the duplication so it uses like 5 seed extractors / basic farm.. and yes, it's meant to be slow, just build it as early as you can and just let it run while doing other stuff..
alercah wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:24 pm
lovely_santa wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:12 am
There are 2 kinds of decorations, you have the big ones, which don't get removed, but you got some minimal mossy textures of the terrain, and those should get removed.
Hm? That's not what's happening:

2020-07-15_17-24.png
Those are only the large decorations (and a rock) in your picture. I think it's mostly noticable on flat green land. Place tutorial grid first, then you'll see it almost fully covered, and then replace it with stone/concrete, and you'll see a lot of it goes away.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Ah, I don't think I have any of that.

Termak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Termak »

Theres a sprite rectangle size error about the slowdown capsules with angels exploration.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

I just noticed this: the garden mutation recipes were listed as being added in the latest bioprocessing changelog, but they are commented-out.

EDIT: Since I just did the locale pass, I'll also note that desert <-> swamp mutations are missing locale entries. I thought those recipes didn't exist but when I looked in the prototype file I see I was wrong!

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Termak wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:03 am
Theres a sprite rectangle size error about the slowdown capsules with angels exploration.
Thanks for the report. I've already fixed this for the next release, coming out tomorrow.
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:34 pm
I just noticed this: the garden mutation recipes were listed as being added in the latest bioprocessing changelog, but they are commented-out.

EDIT: Since I just did the locale pass, I'll also note that desert <-> swamp mutations are missing locale entries. I thought those recipes didn't exist but when I looked in the prototype file I see I was wrong!
Garden mutation is currently replaced with garden duplication as it was a game of chance at this point due to the low return rates. The current implementation is more stable, but we left the old recipes in there for future reference (commented out).
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:17 am
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:24 pm
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:12 am
There are 2 kinds of decorations, you have the big ones, which don't get removed, but you got some minimal mossy textures of the terrain, and those should get removed.
Hm? That's not what's happening:

2020-07-15_17-24.png
Those are only the large decorations (and a rock) in your picture. I think it's mostly noticable on flat green land. Place tutorial grid first, then you'll see it almost fully covered, and then replace it with stone/concrete, and you'll see a lot of it goes away.
I've added some decoration removal similar to how the other tiles work. On the left you see the concrete brick, which has a bit higher chance to remove decorations like how the base game tiles behave, while the reinforced concrete brick on the right will remove any decoration to leave you with a smooth grid. Both have the same walking speed bonus, so the difference between the two is just the decoration removal.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.95 MiB) Viewed 5911 times

Magen97
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Magen97 »

My pollution production is gone after server + mod update.
With selective disabling of mods, I figured out it happens when angels-refining 0.11.15 is active.

Please tell wheter this is already known or what I should provide more
Attachments
pollution2.png
pollution2.png (230.96 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
pollution.png
pollution.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 5788 times

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Magen97 wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:20 pm
With selective disabling of mods, I figured out it happens when angels-refining 0.11.15 is active.

Latest version of Refining turns off biters, pollution, and evolution. You have to manually turn biters back on (and I think current behavior is pollution is off regardless?)

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

kirazy wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:42 pm

Latest version of Refining turns off biters, pollution, and evolution. You have to manually turn biters back on (and I think current behavior is pollution is off regardless?)
The biters you have to enable through a setting in refining. When you do, the pollution and other settings should remain on. Make sure to load a save file before 0.11.15 was introduced. It's also mentioned in the changelogs.

tobinyehle@gmail.com
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tobinyehle@gmail.com »

I'm playing without bobs mods, and I can't seem to research the advanced steel smelting process, maybe because of missing required techs that aren't there without bobs installed?
steel-fail.png
steel-fail.png (282.65 KiB) Viewed 5706 times

CattyNebulart
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CattyNebulart »

Playing with angels bobs and space exploration and a bunch of other mods, with the angel blocks enabled. To make floaters I need green circuits which need liquid resin (not solid), to make liquid resin I need aluminium ore, to make aluminium ore I need floaters. So I am kind of stuck in a deadlock. There are a few other potential deadlocks but I haven't fully investigated the alternate routes. Using solid resin would help since wood can be converted to that. Some easier liquid resin recipe would help, maybe some recipe to turn solid resin back into liquid form.

Jugger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jugger »

I don't really understand the point of the "Motor casing 1 (iron with expendable mold)" recipe from Advanced iron smelting 2.

So I need to create casing first, then use it to create the mold and then use the mold to create another casing? Doesn't make much sense from resource POV.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

It should be all on, or all off. So when you turn biters back on, the pollution should also re-enable. For the next update we already have a better solution thanks to Maxreader.
tobinyehle@gmail.com wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:20 pm
I'm playing without bobs mods, and I can't seem to research the advanced steel smelting process, maybe because of missing required techs that aren't there without bobs installed?
steel-fail.png
I'll have another look.. What angel mods do you have installed? up to bio? industries?
Jugger wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:04 pm
I don't really understand the point of the "Motor casing 1 (iron with expendable mold)" recipe from Advanced iron smelting 2.

So I need to create casing first, then use it to create the mold and then use the mold to create another casing? Doesn't make much sense from resource POV.
It indeed doesn't make sense, it's more of a placeholder at the time. In the next update of the component overhaul we'll introduce a resin mold to be used instead of the iron motor casing to make both the expendable and non-expendable molds. I started working on this yesterday.

Dae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dae »

Hello angel !
i would like add your new fluid in my mods.
could you help me with the data ?

exemple for flammable oil i update.

Code: Select all

local fuel_values = {
	["crude-oil"] = "0.4MJ",
	["light-oil"] = "0.9MJ",
	["heavy-oil"] = "0.45MJ",
	["petroleum-gas"] = "0.45MJ",
	["diesel-fuel"] = "1.1MJ",
	}
local emissions = {
  ["crude-oil"] = 1.4,
  ["light-oil"] = 1.2,
  ["heavy-oil"] = 1.3,
  ["petroleum-gas"] = 1,
  ["diesel-fuel"] = 0.8,
}

for k, fluid in pairs (data.raw.fluid) do
  if not fluid.fuel_value then
    fluid.fuel_value = fuel_values[fluid.name]
end
if not    
fluid.emissions_multiplier then
    fluid.emissions_multiplier = emissions[fluid.name]
  end
end

Dechou
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dechou »

Raw fish oil cannot be voided by any way, I guess this is unintended, as every gas or liquid are voidable ?
You can't get fish pulp (wich is good to keep the fish farm running as it produces the needed nutrient pulp) without producing the fish oil, wich you then have to keep in tanks unless you have the tech to use it.

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

CattyNebulart wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:48 pm
Playing with angels bobs and space exploration and a bunch of other mods, with the angel blocks enabled. To make floaters I need green circuits which need liquid resin (not solid), to make liquid resin I need aluminium ore, to make aluminium ore I need floaters. So I am kind of stuck in a deadlock. There are a few other potential deadlocks but I haven't fully investigated the alternate routes. Using solid resin would help since wood can be converted to that. Some easier liquid resin recipe would help, maybe some recipe to turn solid resin back into liquid form.
Having this same problem....the loop is even worse than you might suspect though:

You need green circuits (liquid resin) to make floaters so you wouldn't even be able to get aluminum to use ANY other recipe than the bio-resin one and that one needs aluminum (so there's a 2-fold deadlock here) in making the catalysts to crack methanol to ethanol. Aluminum is then locked behind the floating cell (which needs green circuitry and, therefor, liquid resin). I'm thinking of writing a VERY expensive recipe to make green boards out of the solid resin instead or a way to convert solid resin to liquid resin albeit at an absurd conversion rate.

EDIT: Wrote that workaround in a recipe that converts 40 solid resin to 10 liquid resin over the span of 5 seconds. It's wasteful as can be and timeconsuming to boot and if that doesn't rattle you....it takes huge amounts of wood to create paltry amounts of liquid resin for usage in green circuitry (400 wood to convert to 25 green circuits).

Truth be told.....I like I can write something in, like that, myself.....but I have a serious hate on myself for always making those "scapegoat"-recipes expensive and/or wastefull AF. Don't mind me...I'm just spouting my thoughts whilst I process my next great american rainforest to make a handfull of green circuits...

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Ashprinny wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:51 am
CattyNebulart wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:48 pm
Having this same problem....the loop is even worse than you might suspect though:

You need green circuits (liquid resin) to make floaters so you wouldn't even be able to get aluminum to use ANY other recipe than the bio-resin one and that one needs aluminum (so there's a 2-fold deadlock here) in making the catalysts to crack methanol to ethanol. Aluminum is then locked behind the floating cell (which needs green circuitry and, therefor, liquid resin). I'm thinking of writing a VERY expensive recipe to make green boards out of the solid resin instead or a way to convert solid resin to liquid resin albeit at an absurd conversion rate.

EDIT: Wrote that workaround in a recipe that converts 40 solid resin to 10 liquid resin over the span of 5 seconds. It's wasteful as can be and timeconsuming to boot and if that doesn't rattle you....it takes huge amounts of wood to create paltry amounts of liquid resin for usage in green circuitry (400 wood to convert to 25 green circuits).

Truth be told.....I like I can write something in, like that, myself.....but I have a serious hate on myself for always making those "scapegoat"-recipes expensive and/or wastefull AF. Don't mind me...I'm just spouting my thoughts whilst I process my next great american rainforest to make a handfull of green circuits...
Pyblock there is a recipe to hand craft green circuits with different ingrediences. It's handcraft only so that limits it use naturally. But it's no problem to handcraft 100 green circuits or however many you need to build the first floater.

Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zarnoo »

Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:41 pm

It should be all on, or all off. So when you turn biters back on, the pollution should also re-enable. For the next update we already have a better solution thanks to Maxreader.
tobinyehle@gmail.com wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:20 pm

steel-fail.png
I'll have another look.. What angel mods do you have installed? up to bio? industries?
Jugger wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:04 pm

It indeed doesn't make sense, it's more of a placeholder at the time. In the next update of the component overhaul we'll introduce a resin mold to be used instead of the iron motor casing to make both the expendable and non-expendable molds. I started working on this yesterday.
I have never had anything but good things to say for these mods.. until now. This option is just stupid !! Why remove biters AND pollution by default ?? I get having the option there, but the default should be to have the same gameplay as vanilla. I hadn't realized that this was a setting, and thought "very quiet game", until I then also spotted no pollution. Since this is a startup option, that's an entire game ruined.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Zarnoo wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:56 am
I have never had anything but good things to say for these mods.. until now. This option is just stupid !! Why remove biters AND pollution by default ?? I get having the option there, but the default should be to have the same gameplay as vanilla. I hadn't realized that this was a setting, and thought "very quiet game", until I then also spotted no pollution. Since this is a startup option, that's an entire game ruined.
Angels is too difficult, especially when playing with industry overhauls. When not playing with exploration, we turn biters off to balance it. When adding angels exploration, biters will be enabled again by default. It was also explicitly mentioned in the changelog, as usual.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:17 am
Zarnoo wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:56 am
Angels is too difficult, especially when playing with industry overhauls. When not playing with exploration, we turn biters off to balance it. When adding angels exploration, biters will be enabled again by default. It was also explicitly mentioned in the changelog, as usual.
Maybe put a message through print on game start that says that biters are disabled through setting?
It would point out to players that this is happenning right away.

Return to β€œAngels Mods”