Topics and discussion about specific mods
Lowest0ne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.8

Post by Lowest0ne »

burner wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:10 pm
Looks that there is no recipe for lithia salt. So all lithium producst are broken
I'm seeing that the recipe is using brown algae.

Lowest0ne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lowest0ne »

An update on my tech-tree comments.

I was about to craft myself a personal roboport robot control. However, in order to do so, I need to make a module case. Imo, I should not have been able to research Personal Robot Modules without having researched modules. Furthermore, Module research is locked behind Crystal Splinter Processing, and Crystal Splinter Processing doesn't have any ingredient bearing on Modules (it's only when you get to advanced modules that you need crystals/fish).

I'm asking if there is any ongoing attempt to fix these discrepancies in the tech tree, otherwise, I will do it myself from scratch.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Lowest0ne wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:02 pm
An update on my tech-tree comments.

I was about to craft myself a personal roboport robot control. However, in order to do so, I need to make a module case. Imo, I should not have been able to research Personal Robot Modules without having researched modules. Furthermore, Module research is locked behind Crystal Splinter Processing, and Crystal Splinter Processing doesn't have any ingredient bearing on Modules (it's only when you get to advanced modules that you need crystals/fish).

I'm asking if there is any ongoing attempt to fix these discrepancies in the tech tree, otherwise, I will do it myself from scratch.
In bob angels, the modules should require the module boards, which require the crystals. Might be something the circuit mod is changing, leaving the module boards out... So that might be the issue

EDIT: I just had a look:
  • In bob angels, the research "modules" unlocks the speed/efficiency/productivity circuit boards. These depend on splinters, hence why modules prerequisite on crystals.
  • When ScienceCostTweaker is enabled, thre is a prerequisite technology named Modules lab, which unlocks the circuits, and such the crystal splinter prerequisite should move from Modules technology to the Modules lab technology. This seems to be an issue on SCT his end and should be fixed by SCT
  • The next tiers (Modules 2 and Modules 3) research are from angels bio processing itself, so those are alright.
  • The mod Circuit Processing introduces a 4th level of modules (module 3), which do not depend on crystals, so that's not up to me to change, however for consistency, there should be a prerequisite tech named Modules 4 for consistency.
Last edited by lovely_santa on Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by burner »

Lowest0ne wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:54 pm
burner wrote:
Looks that there is no recipe for lithia salt. So all lithium producst are broken
Do you have newest mods? It is how it was. But after updating mods it just dissapear.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

burner wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:17 am
Lowest0ne wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:54 pm
burner wrote:
Do you have newest mods? It is how it was. But after updating mods it just dissapear.
This is an error on angels side of things. I've fixed it for a future bugfixing release, as I mentioned in this post. That post also containts a quick fix, for those that want to update to the latest mods instead of downloading the seablock pack as trainwreck suggests.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

FYI update 0.18.43 breaks this pack. Either revert to 0.18.42 or apply the fix from this reddit comment.

theMightyMan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theMightyMan »

Fix recipe difficulty checking.
https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Recipe#Recipe_data states that if normal is set, expensive can be set to false.
This mod (together with others) assume that if normal is set expensive is set as well.
After updating my game today (from 18.38) the game didnt launch because of this.
There are 2 occurances of this in the seablock mod:
data-final-fixes.lua:226, fixed by:

Code: Select all

if r.normal then
	table.insert( iset, r.normal.ingredients )
  end
  if r.expensive then
	table.insert( iset, r.expensive.ingredients )
  end
  if not (r.normal or r.expensive) then
	table.insert( iset, r.ingredients )
  end
and lib.lua:48, fixed by:

Code: Select all

if recipe.normal then
	func(recipe.normal)
  end
  if recipe.expensive then
	func(recipe.expensive)
  end
  if not (recipe.normal or recipe.expensive) then
	func(recipe)
  end
Both work, I dont know if there are any cases where the output would be different compared to before, but this patch follows the documentation correctly and thus should work perfectly fine.

Jemsterr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jemsterr »

Circuit processing also has an issue in bobmodules.lua, line 140. I commented it out, probably your fix would be better?

theMightyMan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theMightyMan »

I already posted a fix on the mod page for that mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/CircuitPr ... 81c5cd6d11 since that mod doesnt seem to have a github/gitlab/forum.

Lithorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lithorn »

I get a Sea block error that mentions Sea Block Data Final fixes Lua38 in function func

lib.lua50 in function iteraterecpies
and data final fixes lua 49 main chunk

dank_penguinz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dank_penguinz »

This error:

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID: recipe with name 'lab-alien' does not exist.
Source: sct-lab-alien (technology).

pops up when I try to load the mods. I looked through the .lua files and it seems that the file at

\mods\ScienceCostTweakerM_0.18.2.zip\ScienceCostTweakerM_0.18.2\tweaks\bobsmods\1_update.lua

contains the recipe for "lab-alien" but it must not be being registered. any advice?
version: 0.18.34

dank_penguinz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dank_penguinz »

dank_penguinz wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:25 am
This error:

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID: recipe with name 'lab-alien' does not exist.

pops up when I try to load the mods. I looked through the .lua files and it seems that the file at

\mods\ScienceCostTweakerM_0.18.2.zip\ScienceCostTweakerM_0.18.2\tweaks\bobsmods\1_update.lua

contains the recipe for "lab-alien" but it must not be being registered. any advice?
version: 0.18.34
additionally i have been getting another error:

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID: technology with name 'advanced-research' does not exist.

the two errors seem to be used interchangeably each time i try to load the modpack. and without ScienceCostTweakerM (0.18.2) I cant play the modpack

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.9

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.4.9 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2020-8-18, version 0.4.9:
  • Update mods to latest versions.
  • Factorio 1.0 fixes
Just a minor update to keep things working with factorio 1.0. Mod list is unchanged from 0.18. I still plan on adding angels industries at some unknown point in the future, but not for this release.

flower
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.9

Post by flower »

Trainwreck wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:06 am
Sea block pack 0.4.9 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2020-8-18, version 0.4.9:
  • Update mods to latest versions.
  • Factorio 1.0 fixes
Just a minor update to keep things working with factorio 1.0. Mod list is unchanged from 0.18. I still plan on adding angels industries at some unknown point in the future, but not for this release.
Thank you very much. I love this pack and want to start a new Playthrough in the near future

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.4.10 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2020-8-18, version 0.4.10:
  • Bugfix for disable_crashsite crash.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Post by minno »

I have a few mods to suggest adding to the pack:

The Blueprint Designer Lab - in the early game before you have a lot of space, it really helps to be able to plan out how much room you need. On marathon, it helps to be able to test out designs before you've gotten together enough resources to actually build the machines. This mod gives you an alternate surface with unlimited space where cheat mode and god mode are enabled, but the only things you can bring back to the real world are the blueprints you make in there.

Inland Pumps - I made this to make it a lot easier to place blueprints that include pumps. Once you have blasting charges you can make water anywhere, but it's still a little bit of a hassle to put water where you need it. I guess it might be a bit obsolete now that you can place water tiles in blueprints, though.

remarkablysilly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by remarkablysilly »

just started a new game and early game is now a lot slower with the new update not sure this was intended.
before you could research green algae processing for 40 red science now it takes 300, because water treatment has electronics as prerequisite.
without access to the green algae II recipe power is a big problem.
for me it feels a little slow now.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

remarkablysilly wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:50 am
just started a new game and early game is now a lot slower with the new update not sure this was intended.
before you could research green algae processing for 40 red science now it takes 300, because water treatment has electronics as prerequisite.
The green algae II recipe is worse at producing power than green algae I. So that argument makes no sense.

The power generation at the start has been reduced. Period. Until you get crushed stone from geodes you have to be very conservative in your power use. And that's slow.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mrvn wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:41 am
remarkablysilly wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:50 am
The green algae II recipe is worse at producing power than green algae I. So that argument makes no sense.

The power generation at the start has been reduced. Period. Until you get crushed stone from geodes you have to be very conservative in your power use. And that's slow.
That has changed since 0.18. algae 1 has brown algae as byproduct and green algae 2 got buffed. IMO the way to go for early power.
And later with electrodes in electrolyzers (green science), you get a lot of mineralized water as byproduct to fuel it.
The previous techs are indeed a bit strange:
algae2.png
algae2.png (259.12 KiB) Viewed 6522 times

kenlon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kenlon »

mrvn wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:41 am
That doesn't match my experience - I had a much easier time getting off the ground in 0.4.8 than I did back in 0.3.8. And, through the magic of Steam keeping old versions around, even though Wube no longer have them on the site, we can check!

. . . aaaand after spending a bit of time with Helmod in both 0.17.19 (the last pre-18 version) and 1.0, I can tell you that starting out in Seablock is drastically easier than it used to be, fuel-wise. Each of my setups was aiming for maxing out two Stone Furnaces, as a benchmark.

Note: All production facilities are rounded up to the nearest integer, because you can't have a fraction of an assembler :D Screenshots inside spoilers. EDIT: Huh, that apparently doesn't work on this board. Welp.

First, the Algae I recipe, which produces 2.81 Charcoal for a gross power of 11.24.
  • 0.17: 11 Assembly Machine 1, 28 Algae Farm Mk1, using 3.7MW. Net power output of 7.54Mw.
  • 1.0: 11 Assembly Machine 1, 22 Algae Farm 1, using 3.3MW. Net power output of 7.94Mw. Also produces 2.5 Brown Algae, which would be another 3 Algae Farms, a Hydro Plant and 296.9KW under 0.17.
3.8 Algae I.png
3.8 Algae I.png (206.09 KiB) Viewed 6252 times
4.10 Algae I.png
4.10 Algae I.png (215.57 KiB) Viewed 6252 times
Algae II, producing the carbon dioxide from Wood Pellets. 2.81 Charcoal, gross power of 11.24 again.
  • 0.17: 17 Assembly Machine 1, 16 Algae Farm Mk1, 3 Liquifier 1, 2 Ore Crusher 1, 12 Electrolyser 1, using 7.3 MW. Net power output of 3.94Mw. Ouch.
  • 1.0: 14 Assembly Machine 1, 8 Algae Farm 1, 2 Liquifier 1, 2 Ore Crusher 1, 7 Electrolyser 1 using 4.2MW. Net power output of 7.04Mw.
3.8 Algae II Wood Pellets.png
3.8 Algae II Wood Pellets.png (319.42 KiB) Viewed 6252 times
4.10 Algae II Wood Pellets.png
4.10 Algae II Wood Pellets.png (319.88 KiB) Viewed 6252 times
Algae II, CO2 from the charcoal you're producing. Here the gross power differs between the two versions, because of the different amount of charcoal consumed.
  • 0.17: 11 Assembly Machine 1, 10 Algae Farm MK1, 2 Liquifier 1, 2 Ore Crusher 1, 7 Electrolyzer 1, using 4.2 MW. This produces 2.13 Charcoal for 8.52MW gross. Net power output of 4.32MW.
  • 1.0: 11 Assembly Machine 1, 6 Algae Farm 1, 2 Liquifier 1, 1 Ore Crusher 1, 5 Electrolyzer 1 using 3.1 MW. This produces 2.38 Charcoal for 9.52 MW gross. Net power output of 6.42MW.
3.8 Algae II Charcoal.png
3.8 Algae II Charcoal.png (323.99 KiB) Viewed 6252 times
4.10 Algae II Charcoal.png
4.10 Algae II Charcoal.png (316.8 KiB) Viewed 6252 times
Now, I could go through and calculate up all the resources spent (Iron, Copper, Basic Circuits, etc) in each set of recipes, but it's blatantly clear that it is not harder to get started in Seablock 4.10 than it was in earlier versions. If you've been ignoring the Algae II recipe because you didn't check how the math has changed, well, maybe you should change that.

Return to “Mods”