Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Sworn »

As far I remember the algenl's mods have always had a Youki compatibility. But one thing that has not been adjusted after the new science mechanics.
When using the new sciences along with the Yuoki Engines (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/yi_engines), the recipes that use science pack are not modified for some reasons, making it impossible to get some itens from it.

For example the item "Emulsion Mixer" or some recipes for the farm, not really sure if its a angels issue, just pointing that out.

micromario
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by micromario »

micromario wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:39 am
I was unable to start the mod until I changed line 1045 in angels-functions.lua from

Code: Select all

recipe.order = recipe.order .. (data.raw.fluid[fluid_name] or data.raw.item[fluid_name]).order or "z"
to

recipe.order = recipe.order .. ((data.raw.fluid[fluid_name] or data.raw.item[fluid_name]).order or "z")
Hello is it possible for someone to look into this report. It's a very simple fix but it is causing angel's refining to break with my specific mods list

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

alercah wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:56 am
Repair pack 4 & 5 should require blue science science they need green circuits.

Edit: another one: Nitroglycerin requires Chlorine Processing 2; I believe it should be Sulfur Processing 2.
Repair packs is something from bobs only with no angel intervention.. So you need to report that to bobs mods?

For the Nitroglycerin , I just checked in the dev branch (as I did quite a bit of work to it already for the next release). As of now, nitroglycerin requires:
  • glycerol gas, hence the dependency on Clorine Processing 2
  • sulfuric acid, hence the dependency on Sulfur Processing 2
  • Nitric acid, hence the dependency on Nitrogen Processing 2
  • Military science, hence the dependency on Military science pack
It has a redundant dependency on oil refining, that will do no harm. And yes, it takes nitric and sulfuric acid directly now!
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.46 MiB) Viewed 5258 times
burner wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:59 pm
Currently it looks that there is way to produce hydrofluoric acid from hydrogen fluorite gas. But not another way around.
Also tungesten process eat lot of hydrogen fluorite gas and produce fluorite. But there is no way to change fluorite (or acid) back to gas so I think there is missing chemical process. Current situation force to push acid to void and produce new gas with buffers.
I also fixed this as it was reported in discord. I added a conversion recipe to turn the liquid into the gas version for the next release.
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (437.76 KiB) Viewed 5258 times
burner wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:24 pm
One more bug. Deuterium fuel cell production allow add productivity module. That will produce lead from thin air when used fuel cells are resycled.
That sounds like you're not playing with angels industries, as deuterium requires zinc plates and do not return any lead. All angel recycling recipes return slag instead for this specific reason. Also I just checked and you're not able to put productivity modules inside deuterium fuel generation. Maybe upload a save file if it persists after the update of tomorrow.
ggrnd0 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:30 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:00 am
1) Components do return all materials, or they should at least. Any particular example where this is not the case?
1) start marathon (both checkboes checked) with component mining
2) place miner
3) pickup miner
4) unable to craft, you got only 1/2 materials (furnace works fine...)
lovely_santa wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:00 am
2) Marathon settings do work, not everything supports marathon mode yet, like components, ... but the main parts of angels do. Anything in particular that stands out that is not supporting it?
burning miner cost still doubled with 1/1/1/1 sttings
Marathon mode has not been tested yet with component overhaul, we still have bigger issues with the return products other than not returning enough of them.
Sworn wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:52 am
As far I remember the algenl's mods have always had a Youki compatibility. But one thing that has not been adjusted after the new science mechanics.
When using the new sciences along with the Yuoki Engines (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/yi_engines), the recipes that use science pack are not modified for some reasons, making it impossible to get some itens from it.

For example the item "Emulsion Mixer" or some recipes for the farm, not really sure if its a angels issue, just pointing that out.
Yes angels had and still has compatibility with Yuoki. However the component/tech mode is still in development and doesn't even have custom support for bobs mods yet. It's just a general replacement script at this point, while we fine tune and evaluate the existing recipes so far.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

I can't believe this has gone unnoticed till now: the icons for crotinnium and silicon ores are identical!

Xplodonator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xplodonator »

Hi.
I have a funny little problem. I started to mod my Factorio.
Namely
all of Bob's mods
Natural Evolution
Rampant

and some small tidbits. All is fine and nice. But as soon as I add Angels Refining.. it starts in the "New Game" menu, where Enemy Expansion, Evolution
and Pollution are unchecked. Regardless wether I check them or not, when I start the game, I have zero biters. Nowhere.

I tested multiple times, cranked up the numbers/density and minimized Starting Area. Biters galore. After adding Angels mods.. no biters at all.

Would somebody be able to help? I reeeeeally don't wanna play without Angels mods :/

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Xplodonator wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:05 pm
Hi.
I have a funny little problem. I started to mod my Factorio.
Namely
all of Bob's mods
Natural Evolution
Rampant

and some small tidbits. All is fine and nice. But as soon as I add Angels Refining.. it starts in the "New Game" menu, where Enemy Expansion, Evolution
and Pollution are unchecked. Regardless wether I check them or not, when I start the game, I have zero biters. Nowhere.

I tested multiple times, cranked up the numbers/density and minimized Starting Area. Biters galore. After adding Angels mods.. no biters at all.

Would somebody be able to help? I reeeeeally don't wanna play without Angels mods :/
This is intended with the most recent release as of today. The changelog to Angel's Refining (version 0.11.14) reads:
[…]
- Biter balance: (291)
- Biters are by default disabled when playing without angels exploration. There is a setting
in case you want to re-enable biters anyway. For optimizations, pollution cloud and biter
evolution is turned off in this case.
- Increased starting area size
[…]
TL;DR: Go into mods settings for Angel's Refining and "Enable Alien Enemies" before starting a new map.

[edit:] Are you sure you want to play with Angel's, Natural Evolution, and Rampant? The biters might become waaay too strong for you to ever make it to the rocket. If you really do: don't be frustated when they totally overwhelm you in your first couple of attempts – and instead please try out weaker biter settings. After all, there is a reason why Angel's Refining now switched to no biters by default.

Xplodonator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xplodonator »

This is intended with the most recent release as of today. The changelog to Angel's Refining (version 0.11.14) reads:
Oh. Thanks for that piece of info xD
Are you sure you want to play with Angel's, Natural Evolution, and Rampant? The biters might become waaay too strong (... )
Well, last time I played, Rampant+NE was the way to go. Besides, I don't really get the change. Biters are disabled, and even if you enable them, pollution and evolution are disabled? Why's that? Then again, all seems to be cool if you add Angel's Exploration? My guess would be the exponential pollution as you need 2-3x the Processing-plants for ores, but is my guess right?

To add on to that, I already added a bit of weaponry. Bob's warfare and also Modular Turrets. Eyeballing with AAI, but made no decision yet. Do these additions change anything regarding the difficulty?

Sorry if my questions are numerable and maybe stupid. But it's kinda late here, and even typing this text needs my full concentration xD

And thanks a lot for your fast answer!

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Xplodonator wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:59 pm
Oh. Thanks for that piece of info xD
Are you sure you want to play with Angel's, Natural Evolution, and Rampant? The biters might become waaay too strong (... )
Well, last time I played, Rampant+NE was the way to go. Besides, I don't really get the change. Biters are disabled, and even if you enable them, pollution and evolution are disabled? Why's that? Then again, all seems to be cool if you add Angel's Exploration? My guess would be the exponential pollution as you need 2-3x the Processing-plants for ores, but is my guess right?

To add on to that, I already added a bit of weaponry. Bob's warfare and also Modular Turrets. Eyeballing with AAI, but made no decision yet. Do these additions change anything regarding the difficulty?

Sorry if my questions are numerable and maybe stupid. But it's kinda late here, and even typing this text needs my full concentration xD

And thanks a lot for your fast answer!
If you play with those mods, I really suggest playing with angels exploration as well. In that case angels mods do turn biters back on as well!
And to answer your question, angels explorations balances the biter/evolution settings as well (see changelog of exploration). I have no idea how well this scales with Rampant tho. Some things will definitely have a positive impact no matter what.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Given that the player can choose to turn biters off on map creation, and control the settings for pollution and evolution there as well, it seems very bizarre that you would turn it off and require going into mod settings to re-enable biters, and then force pollution/evolution off even if biters are enabled.

I'd strongly reconsider the decision to do this. This removes player agency over a reasonably core aspect of map creation.

Edit: I feel like a better way to accomplish what you're trying to do is to tweak the default values for map creation rather than hide/disable them. Not sure how feasible that is, not my area of expertise.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Perhaps print a warning at game start indicating that default biter settings are not recommended?

(I personally didn't have too much trouble with biters in my most recent AB game, without exploration, but I had a good starting area, and once I got plasma turrets and artillery there have been no issues even with evolution creeping up to 0.8, except perhaps for the high demand artillery puts on my steel and plastic supplies.)

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

kirazy wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:33 am
Given that the player can choose to turn biters off on map creation, and control the settings for pollution and evolution there as well, it seems very bizarre that you would turn it off and require going into mod settings to re-enable biters, and then force pollution/evolution off even if biters are enabled.
We originally just wanted to disable the checkbox (just like we did for the biter expansion and pollution stuff). However, enemies are autoplaced the same as ore are. Hence why we didn't find any easy way to just disable them without removing the map gen completely.
kirazy wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:33 am
I'd strongly reconsider the decision to do this. This removes player agency over a reasonably core aspect of map creation.

Edit: I feel like a better way to accomplish what you're trying to do is to tweak the default values for map creation rather than hide/disable them. Not sure how feasible that is, not my area of expertise.
We're looking in other ways of disabling them, we're for sure looking for a better way.
alercah wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:07 am
Perhaps print a warning at game start indicating that default biter settings are not recommended?

(I personally didn't have too much trouble with biters in my most recent AB game, without exploration, but I had a good starting area, and once I got plasma turrets and artillery there have been no issues even with evolution creeping up to 0.8, except perhaps for the high demand artillery puts on my steel and plastic supplies.)
For now we only enable biters when angels exploration is present, however we're still debating if we also should enable them when bob warfare is present. Without any of these, it's not playable for sure. It even gets worse when you play with angels components and science overhaul, which slows you down even more.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

lovely_santa wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:05 am
We're looking in other ways of disabling them, we're for sure looking for a better way.
Went and looked at the Prototype definitions, I'm nonplussed that they don't expose that setting in the API. Everything else is exposed. Interface request time?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

kirazy wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:11 am
lovely_santa wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:05 am
Went and looked at the Prototype definitions, I'm nonplussed that they don't expose that setting in the API. Everything else is exposed. Interface request time?
King arthur will double check everything first, and if so, he said he would make an interface request for it.

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by burner »

Not sure is this bug of sea blocks or Angels mods but after updating mods to newest version to get HF Gas cycle working Lithium Chloride recipe vanish.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

burner wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:22 am
Not sure is this bug of sea blocks or Angels mods but after updating mods to newest version to get HF Gas cycle working Lithium Chloride recipe vanish.
Can you upload a save file? I can double check it, we disabled it in special vanilla, but I remember testing it in bob angels..

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by burner »

Sure. Here it is.
Attachments
LCmiss.zip
(29.62 MiB) Downloaded 78 times

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Thanks for the report, I fixed it for the next release of angels bio processing. In the meantime, a quick fix is mentioned below.

You can add these lines in the file
angelsbioprocessing/prototypes/overrides/bio-processing-override-angel.lua

old code (line 30-32):

else
  OV.disable_recipe("algae-brown-burning")
end
new code (line 30-34)

elseif mods["bobplates"] then
  -- nothing to change
else
  OV.disable_recipe("algae-brown-burning")
end

burner
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by burner »

Thank you. When next release will come out? With 2 palyer multiplayer server hot fix is doable but not preferred :)

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

burner wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:44 am
Thank you. When next release will come out? With 2 palyer multiplayer server hot fix is doable but not preferred :)
I would give it a week, so most obvious bugs get reported. I would expect by friday a release. Only reason to delay more/less than that would be if a big bug has to be fixed...

Wigzz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wigzz »

Hi Guys

i think i just found a bug since the last update of angel refining or this is my seablock that is bug but i can lets you see since last update this week ore sorting the crushed cupric ore is creating Something went wrong ( recipe ) and below it tell me you are missing dependencies or something went wrong but i did not change anything can anyone help me ?

Thanks

Return to “Angels Mods”