Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by lovely_santa »

orzelek wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:37 am
lovely_santa wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:17 am
Zarnoo wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:56 am
I have never had anything but good things to say for these mods.. until now. This option is just stupid !! Why remove biters AND pollution by default ?? I get having the option there, but the default should be to have the same gameplay as vanilla. I hadn't realized that this was a setting, and thought "very quiet game", until I then also spotted no pollution. Since this is a startup option, that's an entire game ruined.
Angels is too difficult, especially when playing with industry overhauls. When not playing with exploration, we turn biters off to balance it. When adding angels exploration, biters will be enabled again by default. It was also explicitly mentioned in the changelog, as usual.
Maybe put a message through print on game start that says that biters are disabled through setting?
It would point out to players that this is happenning right away.
The next release will have a map gen setting instead, so it will be more obvious. Sadly my laptop is acting up, so no coding from me until it's fixed
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

cicatrix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cicatrix »

Been replaying the Factorio and decided to dig deeper into the Bio-Processing mod.
What I've been looking is a way to get actual income in biters/puffers/plant samples and/or gardens.
But from what I see in the recipes there is NO WAY to actually automate its production. You should harvest stuff manually. Is this by design? This game is about automation but either I failed to find a way to automate bio-processing or there's actually no way to do this.

If I'm mistaken, can anyone give some advice how to automate the production?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

cicatrix wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:27 pm
Been replaying the Factorio and decided to dig deeper into the Bio-Processing mod.
What I've been looking is a way to get actual income in biters/puffers/plant samples and/or gardens.
But from what I see in the recipes there is NO WAY to actually automate its production. You should harvest stuff manually. Is this by design? This game is about automation but either I failed to find a way to automate bio-processing or there's actually no way to do this.

If I'm mistaken, can anyone give some advice how to automate the production?
Are you refering to automating the production of the alien plant life samples? For that I kindly refer you to my extensive explanation in a previous post. From those alien plant life samples you can create/automate the special gardens and special trees. Puffers on their own you can breed for their eggs and hatch the eggs to get more puffers.

If you have any specific issues, feel free to ask. You can also ask it in angels discord to get a fast reply.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

UberProletariy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UberProletariy »

I've got a crashes caused by Bio Processing after updating to 1.0.0. Bio Processing
and Artillery Manual-only from other author, after turning Bio Processing off
is the only thing causes that issue. Is there a solution to this?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

UberProletariy wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:22 pm
I've got a crashes caused by Bio Processing after updating to 1.0.0. Bio Processing
If you can post the error message, then we can fix this and provide you a hot fix.

smithts86
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by smithts86 »

Hi, just updated to 1.0 and updated all the mods (Bob's and Angel's, plus three others). However, when trying to load our saved game from about a week ago, I get the following error:

Error while applying migration: Angel's Industries: angelsindustries_0.4.2.lua

__angelsrefining__/prototypes/migration-functions.lua:126: bad argument #1 of 2 to '__newindex' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__newindex'
__angelsrefining__/prototypes/migration-functions.lua:126: in function 'replace_signals'
__angelsrefining__/prototypes/migration-functions.lua:329: in function 'replace_item'
__angelsindustries__/migrations/angelsindustries_0.4.2.lua:120: in main chunk

Any idea what is causing this, or how to fix it? Love the mods, would love to get it working again.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

smithts86 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:40 pm
Hi, just updated to 1.0 and updated all the mods (Bob's and Angel's, plus three others). However, when trying to load our saved game from about a week ago, I get the following error:

__angelsrefining__/prototypes/migration-functions.lua:126: bad argument #1 of 2 to '__newindex' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
__angelsrefining__/prototypes/migration-functions.lua:126: in function 'replace_signals'
__angelsrefining__/prototypes/migration-functions.lua:329: in function 'replace_item'

Any idea what is causing this, or how to fix it? Love the mods, would love to get it working again.
Can you upload your save game that I can reproduce this please? It should be an easy fix, but I'm not a 100% sure

Velym
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Velym »

There seems to be an issue in the Angel's Refining mod that prevents enemy bases from being generated.

Since upgrading to 1.0 yesterday, new maps don't generate enemy bases any longer, if I have Angel's refining mod enabled. Tried various mod constellations, always comes down to this mod being active (no enemies) or inactive (enemies appear).

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Velym wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:09 pm
There seems to be an issue in the Angel's Refining mod that prevents enemy bases from being generated.

Since upgrading to 1.0 yesterday, new maps don't generate enemy bases any longer, if I have Angel's refining mod enabled. Tried various mod constellations, always comes down to this mod being active (no enemies) or inactive (enemies appear).
This is a change that was introduced with Angel's Refining 0.11.14. The changelog states:
changelog to Angel's Refining 0.11.14 wrote: - Biter balance: (291)
- Biters are by default disabled when playing without angels exploration. There is a setting
in case you want to re-enable biters anyway. For optimizations, pollution cloud and biter
evolution is turned off in this case.
- Increased starting area size
So, you need to either install Angel's Exploration, or go to mod settings and manually re-enable biters.

smithts86
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by smithts86 »

lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:07 pm
smithts86 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:40 pm

stack traceback:

Can you upload your save game that I can reproduce this please? It should be an easy fix, but I'm not a 100% sure
Attached is the saved game that we're having trouble with. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. Thanks!
Attachments
AandTNew.zip
Factorio saved game
(8.99 MiB) Downloaded 69 times

ridesdragons
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ridesdragons »

so I've been waiting for 1.0 to kick off to dive back into factorio, and was happy to hear that apparently the .18 mods will still be compatible, and went to work going through my list to see what's still up to date and what isn't. booted up a game and was pleasantly surprised to see the tech overhaul I heard was planned a long time ago was finally added in. then I noticed some issues. I'd been running angels' with a bunch of other mods, including AAI, and noticed I didn't start with the miner vehicle like normal (despite the setting turned on, but whatever), and the burner lab and science not actually usable or convertible. ok, maybe it's just an aai incompatibility, so I disabled that and tried again, except now there no lab. I can't research anything, as basic technology isn't unlocked.

thinking maybe it's an even worse incompatibility, I disabled everything that wasn't angels (including bob's mods for the last test), but no matter what I did, I couldn't actually progress beyond the very start of the game.

I tried looking it up to see if anyone else was having this issue, or if I was missing something, like some way to research techs without access to a lab, but couldn't find anything (rather, people had long since passed the start of the game, so clearly they managed to get research going). what's going on?

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

ridesdragons wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:54 pm
so I've been waiting for 1.0 to kick off to dive back into factorio, and was happy to hear that apparently the .18 mods will still be compatible, and went to work going through my list to see what's still up to date and what isn't. booted up a game and was pleasantly surprised to see the tech overhaul I heard was planned a long time ago was finally added in. then I noticed some issues. I'd been running angels' with a bunch of other mods, including AAI, and noticed I didn't start with the miner vehicle like normal (despite the setting turned on, but whatever), and the burner lab and science not actually usable or convertible. ok, maybe it's just an aai incompatibility, so I disabled that and tried again, except now there no lab. I can't research anything, as basic technology isn't unlocked.

thinking maybe it's an even worse incompatibility, I disabled everything that wasn't angels (including bob's mods for the last test), but no matter what I did, I couldn't actually progress beyond the very start of the game.

I tried looking it up to see if anyone else was having this issue, or if I was missing something, like some way to research techs without access to a lab, but couldn't find anything (rather, people had long since passed the start of the game, so clearly they managed to get research going). what's going on?
Does this happen with default settings (other than tech overhaul + component mode) and on a new map? If so, please provide an (empty) save so we can sync mods to it, to troubleshoot this issue.

On an existing map, it can cause migration issues if you enable or disable mods. From your description it is not clear if you loaded the existing save, or started a new one with different mod setup.

ridesdragons
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ridesdragons »

I created a new save every time. also, the settings were default as far as I was aware, I didn't fiddle with any of the new settings (except for one instance after failing to start, when I noticed the tech revamp was on but the components option was turned off, despite being a pre-requisite to the tech revamp, though turning that on didn't seem to actually do anything). was about to go pass out, I'll make a save real quick, just a sec

do you want it with the full angels set (including addons), with bobs, or just the bare minimum? I'm assuming bare minimum, but if I need to include something else let me know now (while I wait for the game to launch, hurry up dammit)

the first save is with the full angels set (no bobs), 2nd is the bare minimum, both are new saves
Attachments
angels borked 2.zip
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 66 times
angels borked 1.zip
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 63 times

UberProletariy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by UberProletariy »

lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:45 pm
UberProletariy wrote:
If you can post the error message, then we can fix this and provide you a hot fix.
Here's what appears if I try to start with Bioprocessing
Attachments
20200815221609_1.jpg
20200815221609_1.jpg (94.52 KiB) Viewed 3956 times

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Not sure why, after the 1.0 update, the transport drone can't pick up the molten tin. It works with other modded fluids like Sulfer Dioxide and Molten Iron. The molten tin is in the fluid depto but it is never consumed and never delivered, like it take 0, and deliver 0 or something similar, weird...
Last edited by Sworn on Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

UberProletariy wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:17 pm
lovely_santa wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:45 pm
UberProletariy wrote:
Here's what appears if I try to start with Bioprocessing
I cannot reproduce this. I am currently trying with all of Angel's mods + Artillery_Manual_Only (default mod settings) under Factorio 1.0.0 but I can boot up the game and start a new freeplay map without any issues. Do you have special settings, or additional mods? Do you happen to have a savefile that you want to load which has the problematic mods + settings stored? If you upload it, we can sync to it and figure out what is going on.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

ridesdragons wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:05 pm
I created a new save every time. also, the settings were default as far as I was aware, I didn't fiddle with any of the new settings (except for one instance after failing to start, when I noticed the tech revamp was on but the components option was turned off, despite being a pre-requisite to the tech revamp, though turning that on didn't seem to actually do anything). was about to go pass out, I'll make a save real quick, just a sec

do you want it with the full angels set (including addons), with bobs, or just the bare minimum? I'm assuming bare minimum, but if I need to include something else let me know now (while I wait for the game to launch, hurry up dammit)

the first save is with the full angels set (no bobs), 2nd is the bare minimum, both are new saves
I was able to reproduce this. Appears to be an issue with 1.0.0, possibly the changed default items in inventory. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Mason9468
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mason9468 »

I also found that Angel's Refining causes the game to not spawn enemy bases when generating a new map. Enabling Bob's Enemies and/or Rampant doesn't make a difference, but enabling RSO seems to get priority over whatever caused it in Angel's Refining, because the bases will appear when RSO is enabled.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Mason9468 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:41 pm
I also found that Angel's Refining causes the game to not spawn enemy bases when generating a new map. Enabling Bob's Enemies and/or Rampant doesn't make a difference, but enabling RSO seems to get priority over whatever caused it in Angel's Refining, because the bases will appear when RSO is enabled.
This was discussed previously, several times.
valneq wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:20 pm
Velym wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:09 pm

This is a change that was introduced with Angel's Refining 0.11.14. The changelog states:
changelog to Angel's Refining 0.11.14 wrote: - Biter balance: (291)
- Biters are by default disabled when playing without angels exploration. There is a setting
in case you want to re-enable biters anyway. For optimizations, pollution cloud and biter
evolution is turned off in this case.
- Increased starting area size
So, you need to either install Angel's Exploration, or go to mod settings and manually re-enable biters.

Mason9468
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mason9468 »

Alright, sorry to bother you then. I missed that when I was scrolling because I jumped to the next thing since it was a much larger block of text. My mistake.

Return to “Angels Mods”