Version 0.18.36

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.36

Post by FactorioBot »

Gui
  • New high resolution tips and tricks images.
  • Visual improvements to the tips and tricks GUI and the rocket silo stats GUI.
Graphics
  • New remnants for assembling machines and land mine.
  • New visual effects for slowdown capsule.
Changes
  • Changed sorting order of items: Same items but without data are first. Descending order of Health/Ammo/Durability.
  • Units are now affected by the 'movement_slow_down_factor' defined in their attack parameters.
  • Slowdown capsules slowdown factor increased from 50% to 75%.
Sounds
  • Updated sounds for assembling machines 1, 2, and 3.
  • New sounds for mining and eating fish.
  • New sound for spitter spawner, repairing robots.
  • New sound for throwing capsules, grenades, combat robots.
  • Various levels adjusted including new default sound settings.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that force.reset() wouldn't clear saved research progress. (86407)
  • Fixed disabling, renaming or destroying unreachable train stop would not cause repath of trains in NO_PATH to go to next station.
  • Fixed bonuses GUI showing duplicate entries if it was open when a research finished. (86687)
  • Fixed auto-launch would send rocket when there were still empty slots for payload. (86780)
  • Fixed corruption related to sorting module inventories.
  • Fixed logistic robots would keep trying to feed chest which has item stacks over the stack size. (86583)
  • Fixed entities with wire rendering disabled in entity prototype would still have wires rendered in screenshots. (84288)
  • Fixed upgrading mining drill would disable input fluid box if resource was depleted. (84248)
  • Fixed pause game control input was not working when in multiplayer. (86631)
  • Fixed that the RCON interface would sometimes send an extra empty reply. (85963)
  • Fixed that groups of enemies wouldn't be distracted by a player in a car or tank. (81325)
  • Fixed tank icon having accidental border. (86630)
Optimizations
  • Improved performance of sorting inventories.
  • Improved performance of inventory highlights.
Scripting
  • Added on_player_flushed_fluid event.
  • Added LuaPlayer::hand_location. (65304)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.36

Post by DanGio »

the little things <3

Edit : the assembling machine 3 is too loud : if you walk among different machines including assm tier 1 & 2, furnaces, chem plants, etc... you'll notice that the assm3 sound crushes everything else. Either because of the volume, or because of the distinct "hiss" it makes.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

i have to agree the assembly machine 3 (yellow) is too loud compared to the rest of the entities in my base, the assembly machine 2 (blue) is also a tad loud, while assembly machine 1 (grey) is almost inaudible. suggest turning up the assembly 1 a slight bit, down assembly 2 a slight bit and turning assembly 3 down to where is is almost the same as assembly 2. it can be a slight bit louder, but if you are basing the sound volume on how fast they are. they should get louder when effected by modules, or quieter as the case may be with effies. if however that is not the case then the sounds of previous versions had a good balance imo.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

DanGio wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:32 pm
the little things <3

Edit : the assembling machine 3 is too loud : if you walk among different machines including assm tier 1 & 2, furnaces, chem plants, etc... you'll notice that the assm3 sound crushes everything else. Either because of the volume, or because of the distinct "hiss" it makes.
Yeah the hiss, or humm I would describe it, is extremely annoying.

This should be removed completely.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

FactorioBot wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:19 pm
Changes
  • Slowdown capsules slowdown factor increased from 50% to 75%.
Nice! Now it seems to be worth using :)

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

The "deconstruct bricks" sound also seems to have changed in this version. Now it sounds like 2 sounds were played at once : the normal deconstruction sound + the brick/rock deconstruction sound. It's not a bug because the "deconstruct-bricks.ogg" file sounds like this, so it seems to be intended.

I'm not too fond of this, because it gives a "plastic toy" feel to the entities. To see what I mean, mine a furnace or a rock. Don't you like the previous stone-only sound ?

Return to “Releases”