FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.10

Post by FactorioBot »

Graphics
  • New offshore pump graphics.
Changes
  • Removed the sound effect from the console-only electric-energy-interface.
  • Item localised name takes priority over place-result localised name when showing item's tooltip. (81736)
  • Offshore pump is now buildable on ground tile adjacent to water instead of water tile adjacent to ground.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that the map generator GUI didn't reset to the correct defaults when changing presets. (81535)
  • Fixed blueprint window sizing for wide blueprints.
  • Fixed some cases of not considering dark background icon when drawing alt mode overlay. (81620)
  • Fixed that burner generator idle_animation and animation could have different frame counts.
  • Fixed icons with overlays were drawn incorrectly when used in sprite widget. (81756)
  • Fixed crash when loading map after removing fluid recipes with indexes. (81020)
  • Fixed spitters would not break from attacking an obstacle when the obstacle moved away. (81603)
Modding
  • Added Instrument Mode to support mod development tools.
  • Added optional burner generator prototype properties always_draw_idle_animation, performance_to_sound_speedup and min_perceived_performance.
  • Added optional offshore pump prototype properties min_perceived_performance, adjacent_tile_collision_box, adjacent_tile_collision_mask and center_collision_mask.
  • Changed offshore pump graphics definition. Old definition will still be accepted, but is deprecated.
Scripting
  • Added optional parameters daytime and water_tick to LuaGameScript::take_screenshot() function.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

kid2407
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.10

Post by kid2407 »

Added Instrument Mode to support mod development tools.
I want more details on this, please.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

kid2407 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:38 pm
You can find more info in the doc page for it. It was added to support my mod debugger, but I also planned for it to be used by other tools.

Kladdey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kladdey »

Can't wait to try out the new off-shore pump, it looks great.

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

The redesign is quite nice and properly distinguishable from normal pumps, good work.
Although in waterwell configuration I find transition to the ground, esspecially on tiled floors a little bit too abrupt.
new_offshorePump.PNG
new_offshorePump.PNG (914.86 KiB) Viewed 14025 times
Edit: For comparison
to be fair, not a newly introduced issue
to be fair, not a newly introduced issue
old_osP.PNG (473.18 KiB) Viewed 13923 times

Seaish
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Seaish »

FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:25 pm
Added optional parameters daytime and water_tick to LuaGameScript::take_screenshot() function.
Lua api:
daytime :: double (optional): Overrides current surface daytime for duration of screenshot rendering.
So we can take screenshots with day lighting when it's night? This seems like it would be useful in the /screenshot command too.

bob152637485
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bob152637485 »

Regarding the new placement for offshore pumps, will save games that have offshore pumps in the water still be compatible?

conn11
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by conn11 »

bob152637485 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:30 pm
Regarding the new placement for offshore pumps, will save games that have offshore pumps in the water still be compatible?
Fully. Even the new graphics in the pre 0.18.10 placement of offshore pumps, aren’t looking weird.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

This seems to have fixed viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81699&p=482973.

Was that deliberate? I'm not seeing a changelog entry.

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

Finally seeing this new pump on my current map.

It looks good, but it looks weird. Seeing it on my map, I like the old pump graphic more.

Hiladdar

asdff45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asdff45 »

Since we know have access to `debug` with `--instrument-mod`. Can we also get access to change `package.cpath` and `package.path`, it would make creating a remote debugger so much more simple :)

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

asdff45 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:38 pm
Since we know have access to `debug` with `--instrument-mod`. Can we also get access to change `package.cpath` and `package.path`, it would make creating a remote debugger so much more simple :)
we've had access to `debug` all along it turns out, Instrument Mode is a whole other set of super-powers to allow a mod to hook other mods. In fact, my VSCode debugger was all prototyped out without Instrument Mode, and it was shaped by what I needed to clean it all up nicely!

asdff45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asdff45 »

justarandomgeek wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:40 pm
asdff45 wrote:
we've had access to `debug` all along it turns out, Instrument Mode is a whole other set of super-powers to allow a mod to hook other mods. In fact, my VSCode debugger was all prototyped out without Instrument Mode, and it was shaped by what I needed to clean it all up nicely!
Wait, we had that before, why didn't i noticed that?
Yes, i looked at your VSCode remote debugging code and i have to say, i didn't really understood it. I want to remote debugging abilities to my intellij-plugin, so we have a bit of IDE choice.

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

asdff45 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:17 am
justarandomgeek wrote:
asdff45 wrote:
Yes, i looked at your VSCode remote debugging code and i have to say, i didn't really understood it. I want to remote debugging abilities to my intellij-plugin, so we have a bit of IDE choice.
The connection between vscode and the mod it injects in factorio is *almost* Debug Adapter Protocol, so if intellij speaks that it should be fairly straightforward to make the appropriate shim, and I can start publishing the mod separately on the portal again (i stopped when it was all integrated and auto-loaded) if you want to take that approach!

asdff45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asdff45 »

justarandomgeek wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:25 am
asdff45 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:17 am
justarandomgeek wrote:
asdff45 wrote:
The connection between vscode and the mod it injects in factorio is *almost* Debug Adapter Protocol, so if intellij speaks that it should be fairly straightforward to make the appropriate shim, and I can start publishing the mod separately on the portal again (i stopped when it was all integrated and auto-loaded) if you want to take that approach!
Intellij has no direct LUA support. The plugin i use as base, is EmmyLua. Intellij and EmmyLua are using xdebug and their own implementation for debugging sessions. So, your code will not work, im looking into making my own implementation of it, if possible i will use the emmyLua implementation.

The easiest way, would be, if i can just load the EmmyLua debugging library, which is a clibrary and loading clibraries is disabled in factorio :(
That is basically, what i want. It would also enough, if it will search for c-library files, in the mods directory.

bripi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bripi »

ABSOLUTELY **LOVING** the new graphics! Ores really pop! Thanks so much to the devs for all of their hard work on this...and I like the new water pumps, too!

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

justarandomgeek wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:43 pm
kid2407 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:38 pm
You can find more info in the doc page for it. It was added to support my mod debugger, but I also planned for it to be used by other tools.
Someone (maybe me, but it's doubtful) should add support for GUD in emacs. ;) At least vscode does run on Linux. :D Thank you very much.

Return to “Releases”