Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.7

Post by evandy »

ukezi wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:43 pm
evandy wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:40 pm
Are the mods in the downloadable seablock pack modified from their normal distributions at all? It wasn’t clear to me from the thread if I will get the same experience by just downloading the mods from the mod window vs downloading the zip from the first post. If the zip is just time stamping a compatible set of mods, then great. But if the mods are modified, then normal download will of course not have the modified mods.

Thanks
No. The files aren't modified. Downloading the zip is just convenient.
Awesome. Thanks

dienes
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dienes »

evandy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:33 pm
Awesome. Thanks
While the mod files aren't changed by seablock the specific version of the mods is pretty important. If a mod updates something that seablock relies on it easily ends up creating a bug. Or bob or angel change a recipe and now you need an ingredient that seablock doesn't let you make until further down in the tech tree or something. That's why downloading the zip is the recommended way to get the pack and not only because its the simplest.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Can you add the mod "SeaBlockCleanup" (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeaBlockCleanup) to the modpack?

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Trainwreck,

Do you zero out the fuel value of H2 as part of Seablock? Bob tells me that Bob's H2 has fuel value (but Angel's does not). I used a converter valve to swap over to Bob's H2, but I still can't burn it in an Oil Burner, which Bob says should be doable. Is this an Angel thing, or a Seablock thing?

Nusty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nusty »

Greetings,

Trying to install the mod pack from inside the game and getting the same error as a few posts ago,

Failed to load mods: __SeaBlock__/data-updates.lua:626: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__SeaBlock__/data-updates;lua:626: in main chunk

Mods to be disable:
SeaBlock

(typed this out so might be misspellings or such but it's basically the message)

any fix for this?

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Nusty wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:40 pm
Greetings,

Trying to install the mod pack from inside the game and getting the same error as a few posts ago,

Failed to load mods: __SeaBlock__/data-updates.lua:626: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:

Mods to be disable:
SeaBlock

(typed this out so might be misspellings or such but it's basically the message)

any fix for this?
I know everyone else will say "download the zip from the first post" but I will note that I did the same as you and didn't have any trouble. I am running the current 0.17 build. What are you running from the base game? Any chance you are missing some mods?

Nusty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nusty »

Greetings,

Thanks for the reply, I am running

Angel's Bio Processing 0.6.2
Angel's Petro Chem Proc 0.8.6
Angel's Refining 0.10.14
Angel's Smelting 0.5.7
Base mod 0.17.79
Bob's Electronics mod 0.17.7
Bob's Functions Lib mod 0.17.5
Bob's Logistics mod 0.17.17

Sea Block 0.3.7 (which is disabled because of the errors)

base game version is 0.17.79 (build 47865, win 64, steam)

The main reason I did the mods is because of the ease of the mod portal in game and not having to move files around, if the game can't do that and have it work then something isn't working right

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I guess that now that Factorio has automatic mod syncing, it's time to make https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeaBlockMetaPack the official way to get Sea Block ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Nusty wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:52 am
Greetings,

Thanks for the reply, I am running

Angel's Bio Processing 0.6.2
Angel's Petro Chem Proc 0.8.6
Angel's Refining 0.10.14
Angel's Smelting 0.5.7
Base mod 0.17.79
Bob's Electronics mod 0.17.7
Bob's Functions Lib mod 0.17.5
Bob's Logistics mod 0.17.17

Sea Block 0.3.7 (which is disabled because of the errors)

base game version is 0.17.79 (build 47865, win 64, steam)

The main reason I did the mods is because of the ease of the mod portal in game and not having to move files around, if the game can't do that and have it work then something isn't working right
Your list is missing quite a number of mods from the SeaBlock Pack; I count 30 mods referenced. If you click on the Sea BLock Pack in the mod loader, are any of the referenced mods red? That means they aren't loaded but are required. I am running some additional mods, but what is working for me:
A Sea Block Config - 0.3.0
Angels Add-ons CAB - 0.1.5
Angels Add-ons Locales 0.2.14
Angels Add-ons Ore Silos 0.5.1
Angels Add-ons Petrochem Train 0.4.0
Angels Add-ons Pressure Tanks 0.4.1
Angels Add-ons Smelting Train 0.2.0
Angels Add-ons Warehouses - 0.4.1
Angels Bio Processing 0.6.2
Angels Industries 0.2.0
Angels Infinite Ores 0.8.12 (Doubt it matters here)
Angels Petro Chemical Processing 0.8.6
Angels Refining 0.10.14
Angels Smelting 0.5.7
Anhels Smelting Extended 0.0.7
Base Mod 0.17.79
Bobs Adjustible Inserters 0.17.10
Bobs Assembling Machines 0.17.7
Bobs Classes 0.17.7 (NOTE: Choosing any of teh other classes seems to break seablock hand crafting)
Bob's Electronics 0.17.7
Bob's Enemies 0.17.7
Bob's Functions Library 0.17.5
Bob's Greenhouse 0.17.1 (don't really need this due to bio-processing)
Bob's Logistics Basic Belt Reskin 0.17.3
Bob's Logistics 0.17.17
Bob's MCI 0.17.13
Bob's Mining 0.17.6
Bob's Modules 0.17.4
Bob's Ores 0.17.5
Bob's Personal Equipment 0.17.2
Bob's Power 0.17.10
Bob's Revamp 0.17.8
Bob's Technology 0.17.6
Bob's Vehicle Equipment 0.17.5
Bottleneck 0.10.4
Circuit Processing 0.2.1
Even Distribution 0.3.13
Explosive Excavation 1.1.5
Factorio Standard Library 1.3.0
FNEI 0.2.7
Helmod 0.9.11
KS Power 0.3.5
Landfill Painting 0.3.2
LTN 1.11.7
Miniloader 1.8.4
Nanobots 3.1.0 (not that I've used them - too expensive)
Nixie Tubes 0.17.12
Nuclear Fuel 1.1.0
Optera's Library 0.1.8
ScienceCostTweaker 0.17.10
Sea Block 0.3.7
Sea Block Pack 0.17.1
ShinyAngelGFX 0.17.1
ShinyBobGFX 0.17.13
ShinyIcons 0.17.4
Space Extension Mod 0.4.4
Squeak Through 1.4.0
Todo List 17.3.0
VehicleSnap 1.17.3

Nusty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nusty »

evandy wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Your list is missing quite a number of mods from the SeaBlock Pack; I count 30 mods referenced. If you click on the Sea BLock Pack in the mod loader, are any of the referenced mods red? That means they aren't loaded but are required. I am running some additional mods, but what is working for me:
When I click on Seablock, there are no red listed mods and only 5 mods listed as optional (that are not installed)

<edit>
I went and installed all the suggested but not yet installed mods and retried it and still gives the error.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Seablock Pack works the best, if you choose exactly the mods from viewtopic.php?f=190&t=43759#p253582 -> Section Mod-list with its versions. Also it's recommended to use default mod settings. (of course :D)
The fact, that this thread is currently not overloaded with problem reports says, that it seems to work just fine for the most and there is no general problem.

Everything else is just a matter of experimentation. I have quite a lot additional mods and mod settings changes and it works quite good.

Nusty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nusty »

While I can understand that the mod might be working fine, but the IN GAME part is NOT. I have done ALL that the IN GAME has asked me to do , which is what it's there for and the mod does not work.

Having played the game for a while now and reading every FFF I know that the staff are perfectionists and while this is not high on their priority at all I would like to think it rates some where on their meter of things to fix. I could have just gone to the post and downloaded and unzipped it, I chose not to because of easy and it IS a feature in the base part of the game that should be an option, fixed or removed.

writing this post makes it sound like a bit of a jerk and it's not my intent, but yes it is not working correctly for some reason.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Nusty wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:20 am
Having played the game for a while now and reading every FFF I know that the staff are perfectionists and while this is not high on their priority at all I would like to think it rates some where on their meter of things to fix.
What does this have to do with Sea Block ?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Nusty wrote:
Having played the game for a while now and reading every FFF I know that the staff are perfectionists and while this is not high on their priority at all I would like to think it rates some where on their meter of things to fix. I could have just gone to the post and downloaded and unzipped it, I chose not to because of easy and it IS a feature in the base part of the game that should be an option, fixed or removed.
It is a feature of the base game to install and manage mods with some basic dependency management. It's not the task of the base game to ensure, that each mod fit together with other mods written by different people. It's simply impossible. The best thing we have is to match up the versions of mods and claim "this the working modpack". I remember some FFF where there was something about modpacks, have to check...

BTW:
stack traceback:

This code walks through "startuptechs" and I suspect, that some mod is missing, which initially introduces one of the startuptech.

Code: Select all

local startuptechs = {
  ['automation'] = true,
  ['logistics'] = true,
  ['optics'] = true,
  ['turrets'] = true,
  ['stone-walls'] = true,
  ['basic-chemistry'] = true,
  ['ore-crushing'] = true,
  ['chemical-processing-1'] = true,
  ['military'] = true,
  ['angels-sulfur-processing-1'] = true,
  ['water-treatment'] = true,
  ['water-washing-1'] = true,
  ['slag-processing-1'] = true,
  ['angels-fluid-control'] = true,
  ['angels-metallurgy-1'] = true,
  ['angels-iron-smelting-1'] = true,
  ['angels-copper-smelting-1'] = true,
  ['angels-coal-processing'] = true,
  ['bio-wood-processing-2'] = true,

['landfill'] = true
}
-------------
for k,_ in pairs(startuptechs) do
  if data.raw.technology[k].unit.count > 20 then   -- this is line 626
    data.raw.technology[k].unit.count = 20
    data.raw.technology[k].unit.ingredients = {{"automation-science-pack", 1}}
  end
end

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Nusty wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:06 pm
When I click on Seablock, there are no red listed mods and only 5 mods listed as optional (that are not installed)

<edit>
I went and installed all the suggested but not yet installed mods and retried it and still gives the error.
Huh. I'm not quite sure how to help you. As someone else noted, it is working fine for us, making us suspect an installation problem on your end, but we don't really have enough info to diagnose. Either you are missing a download you need, or you have installed a separate conflicting mod. You are running the 0.17 release of the base game, right?

#1 suggestion) Install the game to a new, clean folder, and follow the *.zip download instructions in the first post on this thread. Upgrade nothing.
#2 suggestion) Try uninstalling all your mods, restarting Factorio, and installing again from scratch from the mod portal.

dienes
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dienes »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:56 pm
Nusty wrote:
It is a feature of the base game to install and manage mods with some basic dependency management. It's not the task of the base game to ensure, that each mod fit together with other mods written by different people. It's simply impossible. The best thing we have is to match up the versions of mods and claim "this the working modpack". I remember some FFF where there was something about modpacks, have to check...
Ahh I just realized what you did wrong. You installed the SeaBlock mod but that only has dependencies to some of the mods in the pack (although it looks like its missing an important one). Trainwreck prefers to distribute it as the zip since that lets him bundle known good versions of all the mods together. But if you want to get it through the in game feature you can download the SeaBlock meta pack mod which does have all the dependencies. You might run into problems with versions though since Factorio just downloads the latest version.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Anyone know why seablock overrides the default under ground distance from bobs overhaul values? I keep getting thrown by the fact that red belts can not stretch over ore sorting machines. They are one short and it is driving me nuts. A base bobs angels game has no trouble with that. Is there a reason for the current values? If not, I would recommend considering bumping the red ones up by a single tile, probably the yellows too, as they can’t get across crystallizers.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Mecejide wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:11 am
Can you add the mod "SeaBlockCleanup" (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeaBlockCleanup) to the modpack?
and "Angel's Smelting Patch" (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/only-smelting)

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Mecejide wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:35 pm
Mecejide wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:11 am
and "Angel's Smelting Patch" (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/only-smelting)
I don’t think the smelting patch should be in seablock. The direct smelting recipes are really useful in the early game and even though expensive I don’t think they should be blocked completely. You can always add it yourself if you want it.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

evandy wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:35 am
Anyone know why seablock overrides the default under ground distance from bobs overhaul values? I keep getting thrown by the fact that red belts can not stretch over ore sorting machines. They are one short and it is driving me nuts. A base bobs angels game has no trouble with that. Is there a reason for the current values? If not, I would recommend considering bumping the red ones up by a single tile, probably the yellows too, as they can’t get across crystallizers.
They could be older bobs values ? If this bothers you that much, you could change the values yourself... (Is the next level too far away ?)

Return to “Mods”