Version 0.17.19

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.19

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed various layouting problems related to tables.
  • Fixed upgrading underground belt ghosts would not recalculate underground connections resulting in desyncs. (67510)
  • Fixed construction robot tutorial when spamming ghost radars. (68436)
  • Fixed that some entities didn't show the not enough power icon. (68470)
  • Fixed possible crash when editing font names in rich text. (68390)
  • Fix of previous fix of certain situations of assembler settings copy/paste. (68487)
  • Fixed that toolbar buttons stayed pressed down. (68459)
  • Fixed crash when an inventory gui was shown with 0 slots. (68467)
Scripting
  • Added LuaGuiElement::scroll_to_top(), scroll_to_bottom(), scroll_to_left() and scroll_to_right().
  • Added LuaGuiElement::scroll_to_element().
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::has_belt_immunity, pollution_to_join_attack, min_pursue_time, max_pursue_distance, radar_range, move_while_shooting, can_open_gates, affected_by_tiles, distraction_cooldown and spawning_time_modifier read.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::inserter_extension_speed and inserter_rotation_speed read.
  • Added LuaTransportLine::input_lines read.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.19

Post by BHakluyt »

Dear Devs

Can you PLEASE make resource frequency in random gen be even less. With frequency set to it's lowest I still get a bunch of patches close to starting area. For a proper railworld game I would like to tune down frequency about 300 to 600% from what the current lowest setting gives. Please?

xeln4g4
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xeln4g4 »

Here we go, thank you for new patch, this was needed!!

EDIT: You are the best!!! Not only corrected the bugs of previous version, but improved on the same points before bugs striked!

Spoke too early ... game crush when i press T for technology tree? Possible? Beside a problem resetting all achievement ... ?
Last edited by xeln4g4 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

BHakluyt wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:14 pm
Dear Devs

Can you PLEASE make resource frequency in random gen be even less. With frequency set to it's lowest I still get a bunch of patches close to starting area. For a proper railworld game I would like to tune down frequency about 300 to 600% from what the current lowest setting gives. Please?
Might adding the not-promised-but-we-are-considering-it "no starting area" setting help with that ?
Last edited by BlueTemplar on Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

A new release is on the way due to a bug with technology gui.

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

benzo8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by benzo8 »

I'm guessing this new deploy is what has currently rolled my version back to .18 and broken my save ("Can't load x.19, later than x.18"...)?

AngledLuffa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AngledLuffa »

So... don't download 17.19?

andjones
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by andjones »

Dominik wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:40 pm
A new release is on the way due to a bug with technology gui.
Less than an hour after release and you guys are aware and working on a fix.

You guys are amazing.

KnoT
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KnoT »

Yep, it crashes the moment i open tech tree

benzo8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by benzo8 »

Look, fine. I've just registered - you're moderating my posts. But you've just broken over 100 hours of gameplay by rolling back the version number. Can you please at least DM me that this will be fixed rather than ignoring my post? Thanks...

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

benzo8 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:09 pm
Look, fine. I've just registered - you're moderating my posts. But you've just broken over 100 hours of gameplay by rolling back the version number. Can you please at least DM me that this will be fixed rather than ignoring my post? Thanks...
0.17.x beta branch was reverted to 0.17.18 due to crash when opening technology GUI. 0.17.20 should be out in about an hour. If you already have saved in 0.17.19, you can select that version explicitly, but don't forget to go back to 0.17.x when next patch is released.

benzo8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by benzo8 »

posila wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:15 pm

0.17.x beta branch was reverted to 0.17.18 due to crash when opening technology GUI. 0.17.20 should be out in about an hour. If you already have saved in 0.17.19, you can select that version explicitly, but don't forget to go back to 0.17.x when next patch is released.
Thank you.

Modernkennnern
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Modernkennnern »

BHakluyt wrote:
Dear Devs

I don't see why you can't set it to 0%. I can understand their reasoning, but I don't think the pros outweigh the cons. (accidentally setting oil to 0% causing you to never have any). You should get a pop-up like "You have set Oil to 0%. Oil will not spawn. Are you sure you want to play? "
Creator of Better Cargo Plane - submod for Aircraft

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

BHakluyt wrote:
Dear Devs

You are not limited by the UI values in the map generation settings screen. It is possible to use a config file and generate a map with arbitrary values instead.

Xeridanus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xeridanus »

BHakluyt wrote:
Dear Devs

The starting area is guaranteed to have one of each ore patch so you can actually play the game. Why you would want to remove those I've no fucking idea. Maybe you want to reduce the starting area to zero or use a mod to remove patches in game?

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Thanks for the responses guys. I am not talking about removing ores in the starting area. I am talking about seeing 5 plus large ore patches of almost every ore when zooming put with even lowest frequency settings. All I want is to have about one ore patch per area about the size of large starting area outside the starting area so that I need to use trains and not have a rail line passing ore patches to just get a further one. Really is the concept too difficult to understand or fix? I'd love if someone can give me pointers which and how to modify the config file then I'll resort to that.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I've talked about it because what I already did once (with RSO) is to remove the starting ores, and restart the map until I got a challenging (but workable) start.

Can you provide examples ? I've had to use trains for my first oil and my second iron/copper patches on default settings...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

While I haven't played with the settings extensively I have to say I'd agree the default settings for a Rail World are far too generous. I started a world like that and have two copper and two iron patches in excess of 10m ore within relatively easy belting distance. I haven't worried too much about it because I've just been busy enjoying 0.17. :mrgreen:
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

Okay, so here is the map I finally settled on after spending more than 3 hours with the settings and seed randomiser button.
Ores
Resource frequency is minimum, while richness and size is at max. That is really just way too much ores in a real tight area. There is another iron up top but the iron deposits is about the quantity I would expect with the settings. For a proper rail world map that encourage exploration (and that is not even much exploration there) I would like to have resources halved or even cut by 75%. It would be really nice if the vanilla game settings could allow that.

The only way I have found to get ore placement more or less at the frequency I wanted was to scale the map down (scale function) and have water coverage at max. That way you get islands and streaks of land small enough to hinder placement, but I would like to play on a larger flat piece of ground.

Disregarding all above, the frequency sliders of ore patches does not have much of a difference between min and max and can really be tweaked a bit more. Please developers?

Return to “Releases”