Version 0.17.15

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.15

Post by FactorioBot »

Changes
  • Fixed that trains wouldn't depart for temporary stops when waiting at a station. (67811)
  • Fixed that two headed train running out of fuel didn't trigger the out of fuel alert in one of the directions. (67820)
  • Improved Compilatron's ability to select a free space when indicating structures by a factor of 16.6.
  • The player must now wait for Compilatron to follow before being allowed to evacuate the first area of the NPE.
  • The player must collect at least some of their structures before evacuating the first area of the NPE.
  • Updated the player spawn after big biter attack in case the player wants to check how aggressive the biters are.
  • Compilatron now has its own icon.
  • Biters and worms in the NPE will now be aggressive except in special situations.
Gui
  • It is now possible to scroll horizontally with a touch pad in the tech tree view. (66874)
Bugfixes
  • Fixed bugged Compilatron speech in NPE when showing blocked miner.
  • Turrets placed in the starting area will now be detected during the entrench step of the NPE. (67772)
  • Fixed flamethrower turret range visualization was rendered in wrong layer. (67903)
  • Fixed editing map gen settings in the map editor would crash the game. (67839)
  • Fixed that robots would still try to deconstruct trains that left their network. (67916)
  • Reduced screen tearing on Windows 7 when Aero is disabled. (67158)
  • Fixed that converting games to scenarios and back could corrupt script global data. (66812)
  • Fixed that disabling friendly fire prevented fish from healing. (67953)
  • Fixed that LuaEntity::destroy({do_cliff_correction=true}) was ignored. (67837)
  • Fixed toggle state of item selection buttons when clicked with item to fast-select. (67465)
  • Fixed that the Q that cancels wire dragging also removed the hand from the quickbar. (67192)
  • Fixed that selecting quickbar slot while dragging wire only cancelled the dragging, but had to be pressed again to select the slot. (67192)
  • Fixed that modded fluid streams could crash the game in some situations. (67999)
  • Fixed that keys blocked by textfield didn't include CONTROL + A (to select all), the same way as it is doing for (CONTROL + C/V/X). (67047)
  • Fixed the double-click to clear functionality of number text field. (67949)
  • Fixed a crash when migrating mods related to assembling machines and fluids. (67118)
  • Fixed that exporting a blueprint to the library could crash the game. (67987)
  • Fixed a crash when a modded assembler is built over a ghost of assembler with different rotation. (67732)
  • Fixed damage technology migrations not migrating infinite technologies properly. (67731)
  • Potentially fixed a Linux-specific bug where the game would react to key presses not intended for it. (66402)
Scripting
  • Added LuaGameScript::create_profiler() which can be used to measure script performance.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.15

Post by Ranakastrasz »

The player must now wait for Compilatron to follow before being allowed to evacuate the first area of the NPE.
This will prevent the Compilatron from dragging all the biters in and having them eat you while you are trying to build the steam engines, right?
Fixed that robots would still try to deconstruct trains that left their network.
Wait, does this mean trains don't stop moving, like fish, assemblers, and everything else if marked for deconstruction?
Fixed that disabling friendly fire prevented fish from healing.
There has GOT to be a great story behind how this happened. How does friendly fire interact with regeneration. Does it somehow break the regeneration timer or something?
Fixed damage technology migrations not migrating infinite technologies properly.
Is this a fundamental change to migration scripts, or did you just fix the existing migration script?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nidan »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:47 pm
There has GOT to be a great story behind how this happened. How does friendly fire interact with regeneration. Does it somehow break the regeneration timer or something?
That's somewhat obvious: Fish deals damage to yourself, negative damage, but damage nonetheless. Disabling friendly fire prevents damage from your own force, including yourself.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Nidan wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:59 pm

That's somewhat obvious: Fish deals damage to yourself, negative damage, but damage nonetheless. Disabling friendly fire prevents damage from your own force, including yourself.
OH. I read that as "Disabling friendly fire prevented fish from healing themselves, if you, say, shot them..."
But this makes sense....

I assume it gives an exception for any negative damage, so medians or other negative damage entities from mods also work.
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

FactorioBot wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:33 pm
[*]Fixed that disabling friendly fire prevented fish from healing. (67953)
Hee... fish are basically 'negative damage' capsules/grenades? :-) Can they heal biters? ;-)
FactorioBot wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:33 pm
[*]Fixed that the Q that cancels wire dragging also removed the hand from the quickbar. (67192)
I noticed this, but thought it was how it was supposed to work. I'm a terrible person for finding certain kinds of UI bugs.

Tigre Demon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tigre Demon »

Yeay my personal train works again !

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

Yeay! the screen tearing is gone. The game is looking sharp.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Lubricus wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:14 pm
Yeay! the screen tearing is gone. The game is looking sharp.
Wow, I figured that was an issue with my outdated video card. Looks like it might be fixed for me too, fantastic!
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Mango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mango »

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:47 pm
Out of context, this sounds like one of those crazy DF bugfixes :D
Fixed a bug where animals could rent rooms
Hm.... so we have a mystery donor... intriguing.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Mango wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:18 pm
Out of context, this sounds like one of those crazy DF bugfixes :D
Fixed a bug where animals could rent rooms
Or the one where the necromancer was forced to flee after his undead minions became suspicious of him, forcing him to flee.

Dwarf fortress has the weirdest bugs....
My Mods:
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Releases”